The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I'm on my last Lowenbrau.   :-[

I've got to run out for about a half an hour, but I'll be back on and off for likely two or three hours.   [smiley=beer.gif]

.Walt

only have one fat tire, but than its on to coors light!!!!!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

QuoteWow, looks like this thread was raging last night!!

it was, DB and I had a little hold steady listening party. thought you were going to show up magically by the power of the hold steady

ratsprayer

just preparing to bust out the octoberfest again.  tomorrow morning is the first morning in 2 weeks where i don't have to get up at 4am, actually get to sleep in until 6am!   ::)  tomorrow at the zoo i might feel a bit rough.

ycartrob

[size=36]Yo La Tengo - Electr-O-Pura  [/size]

red

Quote[size=36]Yo La Tengo - Electr-O-Pura  [/size]
:-/   ;D

Hawkeye

Anyone ever had the Sam Adams Utopia or any of the "extreme" beers?  It's supposedly got 25% ABV...I need to try this!  Unfortunately it can't be sold in Iowa, but I'm about 5 minutes from Illinois...

Nevermind  :(

http://www.realbeer.com/library/beerbreak/archives/beerbreak20020214.php

It looks like they only made 3000 bottles
We could.

ratsprayer

a friend of mine has tried the double bock, and he says it's amazing.  ohio is pretty liberal in a lot of ways, so i'm still not sure why it can't be sold here.

dragonboy

25%?!! I've had some strong beers from Belgium but I don't think any of them were more than 15%
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMD

I've tried the triple bock and it was horrible.  I think I paid 10 bucks for the can and I took one sip and that's all I could handle.  Tasted like wine and turpentine.

dragonboy

QuoteTasted like wine and turpentine.
I have that winning combination to look forward to when my wife gets tried of me & kicks me out onto the streets.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ratsprayer

QuoteTasted like wine and turpentine.
I have that winning combination to look forward to when my wife gets tried of me & kicks me out onto the streets.

the mean streets of nagoya, eh?  you could always move here to Appalachian ohio and become a licensed broker in meth manufacture and distribution.   ;)

dragonboy

Quoteyou could always move here to Appalachian ohio and become a licensed broker in meth manufacture and distribution.   ;)
How many forum members do you need working for you?!! You've already got Gregg with 3 Gs...I know that's why he's not around here much anymore.

dragonboy

Some lovely Thai Chang to go with my red curry  :'(  the dude is sweating 'cos he can't handle his Tom Yum!

Apparently it's made by elephants: http://www.changbeer.com/

MarkW

QuoteSome lovely Thai Chang to go with my red curry  :'(  the dude is sweating 'cos he can't handle his Tom Yum!

Apparently it's made by elephants: http://www.changbeer.com/

Mmmmm Beer Chang + Koh Pang Ngan + Hammock = Heaven.

I hope it's a large one, or can you not handle your beer or your Tom Yum?  Wussie.  ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Haha, funnily enough Capt was taking the piss out of me for banging on about big bottles. Pleased to see that someone else appreciates the difference. Unfortunately it was a small one, we can only get Japanese beers in big bottles.

Is that you in your new avatar Mark? We need to see a bigger version of that in the members pics thread.

MarkW

QuoteHaha, funnily enough Capt was taking the piss out of me for banging on about big bottles. Pleased to see that someone else appreciates the difference. Unfortunately it was a small one, we can only get Japanese beers in big bottles.

Is that you in your new avatar Mark? We need to see a bigger version of that in the members pics thread.

A big bottle is a must, IMO.  My favourite Thai Beer is Singah, but it must be ice cold.  And you have to drink it fast or it warms up.  We just don't do cold beer in the UK - it's all sort of warmish.

Venezuela was the best, though.  They serve beer in tiny 200ml bottles (or cans) which are very nearly frozen.  The idea is that because they are so small, they don't get a chance to warm up before they're finished.  Now that's smart thinking.  :)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

.Walt

QuoteHaha, funnily enough Capt was taking the piss out of me for banging on about big bottles. Pleased to see that someone else appreciates the difference. Unfortunately it was a small one, we can only get Japanese beers in big bottles.

A big bottle is a must, IMO.  My favourite Thai Beer is Singah, but it must be ice cold.  And you have to drink it fast or it warms up.  We just don't do cold beer in the UK - it's all sort of warmish
Venezuela was the best, though.  They serve beer in tiny 200ml bottles (or cans) which are very nearly frozen.  The idea is that because they are so small, they don't get a chance to warm up before they're finished.  Now that's smart thinking.  :)

i've heard that the UK drinks their beer warmish. is it more warmish than coolish? if that makes any sense????

also db is it true that you can get beer out of a vending machine in japan? if thats true, then unicorns and leppercons do exist!!!!!!!!

ratsprayer

dragonboy

QuoteA big bottle is a must, IMO.  My favourite Thai Beer is Singah, but it must be ice cold.  And you have to drink it fast or it warms up.  We just don't do cold beer in the UK - it's all sort of warmish.
Singha was my fav but I grew to like Chang more on this trip. I started buying it cos it's a little cheaper - had to save my money for other forms of entertainment!  ;)

I won't drink Pilsner Urquell or Budweiser Budvar in small bottles. Small bottles are for children, teenage girls & old men with bladder problems.