The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

QuoteSweet!  I guess you got a new job, huh?  Settling back in?

Yeah, it must be the daylight savings time.  Not sure what we are saving it for, but oh well!
I've somewhat settled back into my awesome part-time record store job, no full-time soul-destroyer as of yet, which I'm more than okay with.  I'm planning on being out of here before winter, so the more detached I am, the better .  ;D

And DST, or no, I'll be here.  Now I must not forget to make it to the liquor store tomorrow.  

BH

Excellent.  I think I am going to go with some Maker's Mark and Coke for the occasion.   The beer and wine just isn't cutting it these days. ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

QuoteExcellent.  I think I am going to go with some Maker's Mark and Coke for the occasion.   The beer and wine just isn't cutting it these days. ;D
How dare you bruise good bourbon with coke! Sweet vermouth is the only thing you should be mixing with Makers.;)
I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow night or I'd be joining y'all... :(
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

QuoteOK, so we are all on for Friday night, August 1st right!

How about 10 pm central time for a start time.  That will give the west coasters time to get some drink on.  I'm open for input on the start time.

One question, what is the best way to synchronize our watches.  I found a few online "clocks" but the ones I have found are based on your computer settings so that doesn't help.  Does anyone know of a universal online clock that is set exact.   Aren't cell phones all exactly the same?  Any ideas?  ( I realize that this won't be an exact science but I would like to get it started as close as possible within reason.)

BH-don't forget to take pics of the stain on your shirt every 30 min or so, we want to follow the size and shape to see how blitzed you're getting!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Salacious D

ooh! Can I come too?? We just got Oko through netflix and I haven't given it a thorough watch yet.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

vespachick

How about 10 pm central time for a start time.  That will give the west coasters time to get some drink on.  I'm open for input on the start time.

One question, what is the best way to synchronize our watches.  I found a few online "clocks" but the ones I have found are based on your computer settings so that doesn't help.  Does anyone know of a universal online clock that is set exact.   Aren't cell phones all exactly the same?  Any ideas?  ( I realize that this won't be an exact science but I would like to get it started as close as possible within reason.)

BH-don't forget to take pics of the stain on your shirt every 30 min or so, we want to follow the size and shape to see how blitzed you're getting!
;D ;D

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

BH

;D  Nice, well done.  I was going to ask if we could call it a wet spot instead of a stain, but either one kind of has a strange sound to it. ;D

Anyway, I will be sitting down most of the time so it won't be quite the same.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

West coast in the house! (I'm thinkin we should we start a watching party thread?)

BH

Alright, alright, alright.  I'm three Makers in, and ready to go.  Just to confirm it is approx 9:30 central time right now.  We are off in about 30 minutes.

Push "Play program" from the main menu at exactly 10:00.00 pm.  Even if your not ready, get it going and then you can come back and be on the "same page" as the rest of us.

Should we start a new thread?

Oh, and don't forget, at about 9:55, play that intro music in your head and mentally give me a high five and a "whooooooooooo!"

BH

I'll be right back.  I have to make a quick trip to the garage.

BH

Here are the time links again.

http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Seriously, am I a total dork for coming up with this?  I'm starting to worry nobody is going to show up at my party. ::)

vespachick

whaddya talkin? I had take the dog out for a crap!  

BH

red

I'm here!  And about three pints deep already.  Going to sit outside and squeeze in one before before I plop in front of the television.  

[smiley=beer.gif]

BH

BH

Quotewhaddya talkin? I had take the dog out for a crap!  

What is your dogs name?  Have you told me that?

The Drake

Can a newbie get in on this action? It's been too long since I popped in Okonokos anyway.

BH

Should we get a poster before they sell out?   We only have 11 minutes left.

BH

QuoteCan a newbie get in on this action? It's been too long since I popped in Okonokos anyway.

Of course!   We love newbies, really, we do!  Where are you from?