How are you all ringing in the new year?

Started by librarian, Dec 31, 2008, 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

librarian

I'll be on my sofa (alone, as all my friends, who don't have a revision course to attend at 10.30am tomorrow, are "painting the town red") with a bottle of white wine, watching Bill Bailey's stand-up DVD, Tinselworm. I think I got the better deal, somehow!
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?

red

going out alone for a sad bastard supper and then i'm catching these guys - http://www.myspace.com/deepdarkwoods - at a local bar.  should be an alright evening.  

the buses are running till 2:45am and are free today, so that's a definite plus.

pawpaw

My wife and I are going out for an early dinner at a nice little restaurant in our neighborhood. After that we'll be at home...I'll probably build a fire, and we'll have a drink or two (scotch for me, sparkling cider for her). We'll play some music and relax. I'm sure we'll be in bed by 11 at the latest  ;D

This will be our last New Years without children, and I'm excited about the future.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

My brother in law and his wife are coming over with about 10 of their friends to party at my house. The only drawback to have a large house. At least I do not have to pay for the booze.

Hawkeye

Going to my buddy's house and attempting to drink my sorrows away...(lady troubles)... :'( ...Happy New Year everyone!
We could.

capt. scotty

A party that seems to be falling apart by the person right now

Son Of A.....!!!!  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

at the house with my girl and the 3 dogs....happy new year everyone!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

tomEisenbraun

Well, started off the celebration by laying down the first quarter of my deposit on my new Breedlove dreadnought....

:D

Now off to visit some friends from Nashville who also happen to be up in Chicago. Should be a shindig.

This is, of course, not before some serious steak dinner with my family.

Shapin' up to be one hell of a New Years!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

QuoteAt least I do not have to pay for the booze.

Or the DUI.    :o

wharf rat

My wife and I just took our two boys out to dinner, then to a small party for a few hours.  We just put them to bed and now we're going to enjoy some  Left Hand Sawtooth Ale and red wine.  Listening to 101.9 from NYC, hoping to catch some good stuff.  Happy New Year, everyone!

weeniebeenie

I stayed at home and made sure the dog was okay cause he gets scared of the fireworks at New Year.
I hate New Year. It's the only Season/festival thingo that I don't like.
How loud can silence get?

crazylove

Teo, Jake and his girlfriend and I went to dinner early.  We split, they went to a party, and we came home.  Watching MMJ we tevo'd from ACL, keeping up with posts from NYC and waiting for Anderson and Kathy on CNN.  And of course, praying the rumors are true  that MMJ will be on the show.  [smiley=beer.gif]
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

TEO

QuoteTeo, Jake and his girlfriend and I went to dinner early.  We split, they went to a party, and we came home.  Watching MMJ we tevo'd from ACL, keeping up with posts from NYC and waiting for Anderson and Kathy on CNN.  And of course, praying the rumors are true  that MMJ will be on the show.  [smiley=beer.gif]
It's TEO!!!  ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, MMJ FOREVA' BABY, AND DON'T FORGET, "WHAT WOULD JJ DO?"  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

FACE

appli-fucking-cations.

brown tufts nyu.
best new years ever.

OHHHH NINNNEEEEE

getinthevan

Was at the annual party at my friends house, it was bigger, louder, drunker, and better than it's ever been before!  I think I drank more in one night than I've drank in nearly a year.  Now I just need to find a ride back out there to get my car in the morning...
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

red

i entered 2009 waiting in line for a beer.  it's either a terrible or awesome start to the year, you be the judge.  

heard a great john cougar cover tonight, that was pretty rad.

TEO

Quotei entered 2009 waiting in line for a beer.  it's either a terrible or awesome start to the year, you be the judge.  

heard a great john cougar cover tonight, that was pretty rad.

I love Johnny Cougar...Mellencamp

red

sometimes love don't feel like it should!

TEO

sometimes love don't feel like it should!
Paper in Fire!

librarian

QuoteWas at the annual party at my friends house, it was bigger, louder, drunker, and better than it's ever been before!  I think I drank more in one night than I've drank in nearly a year.  Now I just need to find a ride back out there to get my car in the morning...

Wow, kudos for being so coherent despite your state of inebriation!
Why's it so strange when they say that the world's movin' upwards?