Good Eating

Started by EC, Sep 21, 2005, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC

QuoteSounds like Chad and I are a lot alike when it comes to food.

Well, if you had a bag of roasted chicken chips with a coke on your way to breakfast, and then you began your breakfast with an appetizer of poutine and a beer, and then your actual breakfast was chicken-fried steak and eggs and homefries, then you're very alike. ;)

As if.  Listen to me.  The other day I ate an entire bag of brownies.  So, whatevs.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Well, if you had a bag of roasted chicken chips with a coke on your way to breakfast, and then you began your breakfast with an appetizer of poutine and a beer, and then your actual breakfast was chicken-fried steak and eggs and homefries, then you're very alike. ;)

As if.  Listen to me.  The other day I ate an entire bag of brownies.  So, whatevs.

I just had the most unhealthy Italian Hoagy sandwich.  It was delicious and heart clogging at the same time...
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

I just had the most unhealthy Italian Hoagy sandwich.  It was delicious and heart clogging at the same time...
That's it.  Fuck everything, here's what I'm going to do tonight:

1. Crack open my expensive bottle of wine because it's so good and I can't wait to drink it
2. Make green curry with garlic, rapini, broccoli, zucchini, onions, tempeh and steamed greens and put it on brown rice
3. Go to practise

You know what?  I might even smoke a little weed.  I think I even have a special cookie left in the freezer.

Yep.  All are welcome to come.  Shelby's sick, though, so you can't make out with her. ;)

peanut butter puddin surprise

That's it.  Fuck everything, here's what I'm going to do tonight:

1. Crack open my expensive bottle of wine because it's so good and I can't wait to drink it
2. Make green curry with garlic, rapini, broccoli, zucchini, onions, tempeh and steamed greens and put it on brown rice
3. Go to practise

You know what?  I might even smoke a little weed.  I think I even have a special cookie left in the freezer.

Yep.  All are welcome to come.  Shelby's sick, though, so you can't make out with her. ;)

(types in search for flights to Toronto.... ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

EC

(types in search for flights to Toronto.... ;))
;D

ratsprayer

i make this delicious vegetarian casserole.

it has veggie sausage, fresh baby spinach, barley, rice, pasta, and you can use chicken or veggie stock.  i hated spinach until i tried it.  if you wanna know the actual recipe, you know where to find me.   ;)

dragonboy

It's amazing how much I eat raw here in Japan.

Back home in the UK we're taught that raw eggs etc are dangerous (which we all know is a FACT due salmonella (did I spell that right?)) but since I got here I eat so much raw food - eggs, fish, even chicken & beef sometimes.

So if I don't post for a few weeks you can all therefore presume that I have food poisoning!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Eggs fish and beef are all right raw.

Chicken is not all right raw.  Where are you eating raw chicken?!

primushead

QuoteEggs fish and beef are all right raw.

Beef is alright raw??  You've got to be joking!

dragonboy

QuoteEggs fish and beef are all right raw.

Due to it's intestines, right?
In Sushi restaurants!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

EC

Beef is alright raw??  You've got to be joking!
Nope.  Steak tartar.  mmm.

But chicken.  Hm, dragonboy, I'm not sure why...  But...  But nothin'.  I don't know shit.  I just have always known how sick you can get from eating raw chicken.  But maybe the Japanese know the parts that won't make you sick?  

dragonboy

I agree with you 100% EC.
Back at the school in the UK we were taught lots about raw eggs & undercooked chicken & all about how it must be re-heated etc etc.
Don't worry, I've only had it a few times! & guess what? it tastes like chicken!  ;)

EC

red

why was i unaware of quinoa and it's greatness until this week?!  made some for the first time ever last night and absolutely loved it.  

i found a great food co-operative here in town.  nearly everything is local and organic - most excellent.

Ghosts_on_TV

I miss eating good...my abs do too.  :-/
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

Quotewhy was i unaware of quinoa and it's greatness until this week?!  made some for the first time ever last night and absolutely loved it.  

i found a great food co-operative here in town.  nearly everything is local and organic - most excellent.
It is tasty stuff. We've gotten more into special grains and stuff to be healthier. Not sure how it is in CA, but the shit ain't cheap. It's like $12 for a 1 lb bag at my local megamart.

Janet

I discovered quinoa last year.  I love it if it is cooked in chicken stock instead of water.  I think it needs some help flavor wise (so I add tons of cilantro and roasted red peppers) but it has good protein content and it's a nice variation from rice. .