NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Snead looked really impressive yesterday. And what is he, a sophomore? I'd expect to see big things out of him. This is his first year there, right? Didn't he lose a spot to McCoy in TX?

ycartrob

QuoteSnead looked really impressive yesterday. And what is he, a sophomore? I'd expect to see big things out of him. This is his first year there, right? Didn't he lose a spot to McCoy in TX?

yes to all of those ?'s. (you know you're a closet Ole Miss fan)

Angry Ewok

QuoteThe SEC looks strong this year; scary strong.

#2 Georgia (East)
#5 Florida (East)
#7 LSU (West)
#9 Auburn (West)
#13 Alabama (West)

And most of these teams have to face one another, plus Ole Miss, Kentucky, Miss State, and about four other Top 25 ranked teams. You won't see many more SEC teams finish a season undefeated.

QuoteHow about 2 SEC teams in the BCS Title game?

It'll never happen, of course, but I think the Cocktail Party should see a rematch in January. So far, the SEC Conference Championship is still the National Championship game... scary to think Auburn might win the west, though. Yuck.

18-4 with my picks so far.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

AP Top 25 (Week 2)

1. USC (33) 1-0 1,577
2. Georgia (23) 2-0 1,525
3. Oklahoma (2) 2-0 1,458
4. Florida (4) 2-0 1,438
5. Ohio State (1) 2-0 1,347
6. Missouri (1) 2-0 1,336
7. LSU (1) 1-0 1,231
8. Texas 2-0 1,100
9. Auburn 2-0 1,067
10. Wisconsin 2-0 910
11. Alabama 2-0 865
12. Texas Tech 2-0 845
13. Kansas 2-0 825
14. East Carolina 2-0 762
15. Arizona State 2-0 744
16. Oregon 2-0 616
17. Penn State 2-0 607
18. Brigham Young 2-0 537
19. South Florida 2-0 493
20. Wake Forest 2-0 404
21. Fresno State 1-0 290
22. Utah 2-0 258
23. California 2-0 195
24. Illinois 1-1 164
25. West Virginia 1-1 163

Angry Ewok

Ohio State's lackluster performance against Ohio and Beanie's big toe gets them bumped down from #3 to #5, moving Oklahoma to #3 and Florida to #4. Texas is finally given some credit for the team they've got, bumped up two spaces from #10 to #8. Their last game not being televised allows Alabama to move up from #13 to #11 as the pollsters ignore field stats and just look at the W/L column. With WKU on the schedule for next week, we may actually see an Alabama team in the Top 10 for the first time in a long while.

After pwning #17 and #8 in the Nation, East Carolina goes from #27 to #14. They can coast the rest of the schedule out, until they go to Virginia in a few weeks.

UCLA and South Carolina are dropped out of the Top 25. Vanderbilt gets 7 votes after beating Spurrier again, but Ole Miss isn't anywhere to be found on the runner up list, which I think is a disgrace considering the way they handled Wake Forest (who is stuck at #20).

Oh, and the morons with the USA Today poll give Notre Dame 7 votes.

Penny Lane

i am scared for sat. it's not looking good ----we gotta pull something out
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

corey

Quote(you know you're a closet Ole Miss fan)

I was definitely pulling for them yesterday, but I wouldn't go THAT far. :)

EAZYE

Our game against Cincinnati was about what I expected.  They run the spread fairly well so I wasn't suprised to see them put up 27 points on us.  Would've liked to see our special teams play a lil better but we should get that shored up soon.  Next week in Washington should be pretty good since they got hosed last week and we stole their NBA team ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

EAZYE

Tracy you guys will really like Snead I thought he was just as good as McCoy, but McCoy had his break out freshman year.  But that being said GO TO HELL REBELS!!!!!!
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

bearass

Ellis D.

QuoteChase Daniels eats his boogers

I hide mine under the seat of the sooner schooner...

ycartrob

QuoteChase Daniels eats his boogers

I hide mine under the seat of the sooner schooner...

smack    :o

raaaaaazor sharp

bearass

who is this chase daniels feller?

Ellis D.

Quotewho is this chase daniels feller?

Although it may seem like there is more than one, it is Daniel... ;)

BH

Chase Daniels is Jack's burnout little brother.

Chase Daniel is the Heisman Trophy frontrunner. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bearass

ycartrob

Penny Lane

beanie wells is going to play on saturdayyyyyyyyy!!!! woo hoo!! i hope the OL had a good week of practice----4 days!!!

bowl of soup

I'm not allowed to post in this thread for numerous reasons, but I'll do it any way.  I am now willing to acknowledge that the ACC should be replaced in the BCS with the Mountain West or the Sun Belt.  I went to every Maryland home and bowl game for at least ten straight years growing up.  While not quite on par with basketball, we do have some tradition regarding football.

Beating Delaware by 7 and losing (getting dominated by) Middle Tenn. State is not acceptable.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Penny Lane

i must have jinxed him. nevermind.