NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

[size=14]OK Brad, Ole Miss favored by 6.5 at home vs. Vandy:[/size]

Ellis D.

QuoteYou silly guys with all of your talk of SEC and BIG 12. You really need to keep your eyes on the BIG SKY conference. GO LUMBERJACKS!!!
Yeah! Go UNC Bears! ;D
Don't forget the:
Eastern Washington Eagles
Idaho State Bengals
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Portland State Vikings (vespa,beth?)
Sacramento State Hornets (Where are you bbill?)
Weber State Wildcats
you watch out, in the next few years these are all of your up and comers.......

Angry Ewok

I believe I'm 30-7 (81%) with my picks this season. Hopefully this week will turn out better than last week... although, to my credit, my upset picks were all in the lead in the fourth quarter before dropping.

MSU over Georgia Tech
I actually think Georgia Tech is a better team, so I'm picking MSU for the upset... Croom really needs to step it up after some awful coaching last week.

Ole Miss over Vanderbilt
Another close game, but Ole Miss is pretty awesome this year and it's a home game. This one should be fun to watch, I'll be cheering for the Rebels.

#3 Georgia over Arizona State
Georgia is dropping in the polls because of their lazy defense... it's time to step it up and send a message to the pollsters. If they do send a message, it'll be great TV. If they don't, then UGA fans need to shut up for the rest of the season - that means no crying when you're 10-2 at the end of the season and you still think you're a better team than the National Champion.

#4 Florida over Tennessee
Should be a great game. I'm putting Florida on upset alert, but they should blow the Vols out of the water.

#9 Alabama over Arkansas
The hogs suck, but they always give 110% in this game so I'm weary of it. I think we'll be hurting against that passing game, until we lay the QB out. Our offense is going to need to step things up and prove itself worthy of scholarships in this game, because they're simply not showing up as a unit and it's making the defense work overtime.

#6 LSU over #10 Auburn
The game of the week. Can't wait to see this one, because both of the teams are such a mystery at this point. Auburn is favored to win, Tubby has never lost to LSU on the plains, so despite the rankings, I guess I'm picking the upset.

Oh, and the boring games that nobody cares about...

South Carolina over Waffer
#5 Missouri over Buffalo
#7 Texas over Rice
#11 Texas Tech over Massachusetts

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Crispy

QuoteYou silly guys with all of your talk of SEC and BIG 12. You really need to keep your eyes on the BIG SKY conference. GO LUMBERJACKS!!!
Yeah! Go UNC Bears! ;D
Don't forget the:
Eastern Washington Eagles
Idaho State Bengals
Montana Grizzlies
Montana State Bobcats
Portland State Vikings (vespa,beth?)
Sacramento State Hornets (Where are you bbill?)
Weber State Wildcats
you watch out, in the next few years these are all of your up and comers.......
Northern Colorado is totally the next Boise State! After we're done rolling over Texas St. on Saturday, we'll beat up on your NAU Lumberjacks next week! ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ellis D.

I wonder what would happen if a Lumberjack with a double sided axe and a Bear tangled?

TheBigChicken

Quote[size=14]OK Brad, Ole Miss favored by 6.5 at home vs. Vandy:[/size]

;D ;D ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ycartrob

Big day for the SEC today; time for us to start knocking each other off while the other conferences play out their cupcake schedules, trying to get a shot at whatever team wins the SEC.

Penny Lane

i'm picking GA over ASU---also i''m picking TN for the upset over the Gators...  are they mad enough or what??!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

aMillionDreams

The Buckeyes started Pryor this week.  Let the new age begin...
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

There's no way that TN pulls out a win over Florida.

Angry Ewok

#9 Alabama 49
Arkansas 14

Our third and fourth string defenses allowed a touchdown each thanks to blown coverages, but in the first half alone we intercepted four times, twice for touchdown returns. Not bad. Rushing picked up 331 yards with a 9.5 yard per carry average and three players picking up a TD. We only passed for 72 yards, with an interception given up by our second string QB, so our passing game still sucks.

EAZYE

I'll give it up to you Brad, the Tide are definitely better this year.  This was the first time I've gotten to see them, and I know Arkansas is down, but you beat them as bad you should have.  With that being said I wouldn't mind seeing you guys stub your toe a couple of times this season.  

My thoughts on the whole conference dominance thing, I will say that the SEC is the toughest conference, you all have some damn fine football programs, and traditions.  But the bragging about how good your conference is as if the rest of the us are playing for second gets a little old.  But when the national champ comes out your conference for the last two we'll have to hear it until someone knocks you guys off.
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

BH

#9 Alabama 49
Arkansas 14

Our third and fourth string defenses allowed a touchdown each thanks to blown coverages, but in the first half alone we intercepted four times, twice for touchdown returns. Not bad. Rushing picked up 331 yards with a 9.5 yard per carry average and three players picking up a TD. We only passed for 72 yards, with an interception given up by our second string QB, so our passing game still sucks.

Why would anyone even bother passing if you could run the ball like that?  Lookin' good.

This LSU/Auburn game is sweet.  I've decided the perfect matchup to answer our argument would be MU vs. Auburn.  Big 12 dominating spread offense vs. rediculously tough SEC defense.

Tracy, don't bullshit, just because the SEC is playing there conference games this week instead of some other week doesn't meen their schedule is any tougher.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Tracy, don't bullshit, just because the SEC is playing there conference games this week instead of some other week doesn't meen their schedule is any tougher.

Everyone agrees that the SEC has the toughest conference in the nation. No bullshit at all.

Angry Ewok

QuoteWhy would anyone even bother passing if you could run the ball like that?

Well, Arkansas has the worst rushing defense in the Nation, so we didn't need to air it out, this time. But the rest of our conference schedule won't be so easy. We'll just hope and pray John Parker gets in the zone next week and is able to make some connections with and take advantage of our very impressive, young receiving team.

QuoteI've decided the perfect matchup to answer our argument would be MU vs. Auburn.  Big 12 dominating spread offense vs. rediculously tough SEC defense.

Top 10 matchup between LSU and Missouri would be better, I think. We can't really compare Auburn's spread eagle to Missouri's spread offense, so I got nothin' there... How is Missouri's front line, though? Do you think an SEC team like LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia would be able to sack your guy? Could Missouri establish a running game?

QuoteI'll give it up to you Brad, the Tide are definitely better this year.  This was the first time I've gotten to see them, and I know Arkansas is down, but you beat them as bad you should have.  With that being said I wouldn't mind seeing you guys stub your toe a couple of times this season.

You'll get your wish this Saturday.

Alabama has improved so much on the field, but one thing that a lot of folks won't notice is that the discipline is like nothing we've seen since Gene Stallings was here in the 90's... these kids are working, not playing... To me, buying into the coach's program is the number one thing, and in a few years, we'll have a ring because of it.

QuoteMy thoughts on the whole conference dominance thing, I will say that the SEC is the toughest conference, you all have some damn fine football programs, and traditions.  But the bragging about how good your conference is as if the rest of the us are playing for second gets a little old.  But when the national champ comes out your conference for the last two we'll have to hear it until someone knocks you guys off.

Lookout, 'cause the South's gonna do it agaaaaiiin.  :D

Angry Ewok

WTF. Mississippi State. What is going on with this team? Are they really about to go 4-8 after everyone praised Croom to no end, last year? I wonder if they fire Croom, could they replace him? He's not a good coach, in my opinion, but who could they get? An assistant coach?

WTF. Vanderbilt over Ole Miss? If they beat Auburn, I predict my brain will explode.

WTF. Did anyone else see Alabama's goal-line stand against Arkansas? They stopped four attempts on the goal line. It was awesome.

TheBigChicken

UGA v ALA is turning out to be a barn burner
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

corey

That goal-line stand was fucking awesome. I was very happy about that. That was a fun game to watch. You don't see many games where a defense returns 2 INTs for TDs.

The LSU/Auburn game was fun to watch as well. You gotta keep an eye on Les Miles. He pulls shit outta his pocket when you least expect it. An onsides kick in the middle of the 3rd quarter? What the fuck?

aMillionDreams

QuoteUGA v ALA is turning out to be a barn burner

I'm definitely pulling for UGA in that one!

I hate to admit that I root for any SEC team but I make an exception for UGA. Especially against Bama. My cousin went to UGA and still lives in Athens.  

Go Dawgs!  

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

QuoteThe Buckeyes started Pryor this week.  Let the new age begin...

he plays so fearlessly--i guess there is no pressure on him--i can't wait till he bulks up this summer, comes back 20 lbs bigger--i felt bad the crowd turned on beockman like that, though. sometimes i hate buckeye fans--no loyalty and sense of entitlement--all i know is that at the level they're playing, the only big ten teams we can beat at this point are MN, NW and Purdue--and even those it's gonna be close--I just don't understand why the defense hasn't been showing up--we lost only one player--first it was the O Line, now this---i think they need laurinitis's dad to come in there and rain on them---

that said, i really enjoyed the MSU-ND game (especially the outcome), the GA and LSU games (i hate LSU but i like 2nd half comebacks) 4 really good football games on yesterday
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill