NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

QuoteUNC lost a heartbreaker to Texas State - down by 3, the Bears drove the field to the Texas St. 1 yard line with 19 secs to go. On the next play, the QB fumbles the ball away and Texas St. wins.  :'(
Look out, they're gonna take out their frustrations on Northern Arizona this week!

25-22 Lumberjacks win! You owe me a steak dinner....... ;)
You have got to be kidding me - the UNC Bears once again find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. This time, UNC was trying to score a go-ahead 2-point conversion with a minute left, but fumbled a pitch and NAU returned it for their own 2 points. Unbelievable - here's your steak dinner:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

TheBigChicken

Damn that looks GOOD !!!!!!!  Is that chicken fried steak.... :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Crispy

Oh yeah, chicken fried steak from Lucille's in Mulhall, OK. Gotta get okra with it instead of that corn, tho...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bowl of soup

USF's remaining schedule:

Thu, Oct 02   Pittsburgh
 Sat, Oct 18   Syracuse    
 Sat, Oct 25   Louisville  
 Thu, Oct 30   Cincinnati  
 Sat, Nov 15   Rutgers    
 Sun, Nov 23   UConn  
 Sat, Dec 06   West Virginia

They'll be favored and should win every last one of those games.  They faltered down the stretch last year, they may be a tad more focused this year.  If there is a God, he'll let USF and Alabama meet in a BCS bowl game.  USF is more likely to be there than Bama though.

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ellis D.

QuoteOh yeah, chicken fried steak from Lucille's in Mulhall, OK. Gotta get okra with it instead of that corn, tho...
Looks good! Do you deliver?   ;)

Ellis D.

QuoteI owe you a steak dinner.......
Since no one took me up on my offer then I will just go buy one for myself, after I finish my chicken fried steak...

Crispy

QuoteOh yeah, chicken fried steak from Lucille's in Mulhall, OK. Gotta get okra with it instead of that corn, tho...
No delivery - but if you come to Oklahoma I'll set you up...

aMillionDreams

No delivery - but if you come to Oklahoma I'll set you up...

Dude I'm coming out there and eating country fried steak and fresh-cut ribeyes morning noon and night.  if you all get New Belgium, it's on like donkey kong!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Crispy

Funny you should mention New Belgium, Dylan - Oklahoma is literally surrounded by states where you can get it, but they won't sell it here because we still live in the dark ages and won't refrigerate beer in liquor stores.  You can get it in Arkansas for fucks sake! >:( >:( >:(

aMillionDreams

QuoteFunny you should mention New Belgium, Dylan - Oklahoma is literally surrounded by states where you can get it, but they won't sell it here because we still live in the dark ages and won't refrigerate beer in liquor stores.  You can get it in Arkansas for fucks sake! >:( >:( >:(

I picked up some in Nashville when I was there for the Jacket show.  They just got it.  That's only one state away from KY!!!  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TGMC421

QuoteFunny you should mention New Belgium, Dylan - Oklahoma is literally surrounded by states where you can get it, but they won't sell it here because we still live in the dark ages and won't refrigerate beer in liquor stores.  You can get it in Arkansas for fucks sake! >:( >:( >:(

I wish they would abolish that antiquated law.  I hate having to transfer the good shit here everytime I travel back.   >:(

Angry Ewok

QuoteIf there is a God, he'll let USF and Alabama meet in a BCS bowl game.  USF is more likely to be there than Bama though.

There's no way Alabama can survive its schedule. To get to the title game, it will have faced five teams in the Top 10, and only one of those games would be at home. Of course, if Alabama did somehow win out, it's officially the absolute best team we've had since the 1964-66 National Champions.

But, uh... You think #10 South Florida is more likely to go to a BCS game than #2 Alabama? I don't think so. I mean, talented or not, we're talking about a team that has Tennessee-Martin, Florida International, North Carolina State, Louisville, Rutgers, and West Virginia on its schedule. Do those games even get 10,000 people in attendance?

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Conference Rankings based on the USA Today Coaches Poll (total points.)   You knew this was coming right? ;)

THE BEST
[size=18]Big 12[/size]          6067 pts.
SEC            5683 pts.

THE REST
Big 10          2721 pts.
Mtn West       1763 pts.
Pac 10          1302 pts.
Big East          1070 pts.
WAC            726 pts.
ACC            409 pts. (really?)
Mid Amer              43 pts.
CUSA              38 pts.

Tracy, do you get a vote in the coaches poll?  I noticed Ole Miss had 1 vote this week.  I thought it must be you.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

not many exciting matchups this weekend...TX-CO, OR-USC, OSU-WISC; am i missing any? the weekend following is huge....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Nebraska vs. Missouri in Lincoln! Only thing better is the dirtburglers from Norman in Lincoln.

ycartrob

Vanderbilt vs Auburn; probably the biggest game ever at Vanderbilt.

BH

QuoteNebraska vs. Missouri in Lincoln! Only thing better is the dirtburglers from Norman in Lincoln.

Yeah, I'm scared as hell even though we are the far superior team.  We have not won in Lincoln in 30 years(but I'm sure you knew that.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

QuoteVanderbilt vs Auburn; probably the biggest game ever at Vanderbilt.

That will be another great SEC matchup!

Will KY give Alabama a game at all?  Brad, you can't answer this one. ;)

There are 4 top 25 matchups on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!  Sweet!  Fuck NBC, college football is MUST SEE TV!

TEO

QuoteNebraska vs. Missouri in Lincoln! Only thing better is the dirtburglers from Norman in Lincoln.

Yeah, I'm scared as hell even though we are the far superior team.  We have not won in Lincoln in 30 years(but I'm sure you knew that.)
The Jakester says since '78. I did not know that until a few days ago. What has been going on for the last 30 years?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary