The Wrestler

Started by TheManaconda, Feb 09, 2009, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManaconda

Is the movie the wrestler any good, I really want to see it but i havnt gotten the chance yet. I assume its awesome though cause of micky rourke.

capt. scotty

Dude...you really need to start looking around for threads before just creating them.

//http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1135187735/3270#3270
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Love Dogg

QuoteIs the movie the wrestler any good, I really want to see it but i havnt gotten the chance yet. I assume its awesome though cause of micky rourke.

Yes.  I highly recommend going to see it solo.  It gives you the opportunity to soak it all in without having to worry about explaining anything.  It is very sad at times, and sometimes painful to watch, but somewhat triumphant...in the spirit of regret and self-reflection.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and have this incredible sense of being able to project myself into situations and feelings I may have no reason to feel otherwise.  I can identify and empathise with any character...just about.

I don't think this would have been as good of a movie if Nicholas Cage or someone were in it, but Mickey Rourke drove it home.  You will see, if you haven't already from previews that no other person could have played this role.

Side note:  Marissa Tomei has a bangin' body!!!  
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."