Concert-related hearing loss

Started by oistheone, Oct 04, 2012, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 12, 2012, 12:25 AM
HOLY SHIT -- I just realized that earplugs would not only protect my ears from the overly loud music coming from the stage but would also protect my sanity from the blabbing assholes that always end up next to me! I probably wouldn't hear a word of it! REJOICE!

I wear the earplugs more to block out crowd chatter than to block out the music.  Works like a charm...Will also keep people from trying to have a conversation with while the band is on..."huh, what's that? Can't hear you, have earplugs in."  :smiley:

Shug...thanks for that note about magnesium.  Have a friend with tinnitus and I'm not sure if he's spoken with his doc about giving that a try.  :beer:

LeanneP

Hey, just a further data point: be careful with that magnesium!  Not only does it help make a person sleepy (I used to use for falling asleep when I went through a bad bout of insomnia), but it has an unwelcome side effect: loose stool :embarrassed:  Forewarned is forearmed!
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Shug

That's why you should not take more than 450 mg a day and check with a physician first!  :shocked:

Most docs will probably not know about the magnesium studies for tinnitus relief because its relatively new research and the preliminary results have only been mildly impressive, but some people do notice a subtle reduction in their tinnitus.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"