Top Ten Places

Started by meggiefrey, Feb 19, 2009, 08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meggha

I like lists.
Here is my list of the top ten places I'd like to visit in my lifetime.
Share your top ten with me so I can be reminded of other awesome places in the world that must be experienced.

1. Dubrovnik, Croatia
2. Dabo, France
3. Indonesia
4. China
5. Mongolia
6. Nepal
7. Angkor Wat
8. Antarctica
9. Cote d'Azur
10. Brasilia, Brasil
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

xmascriminal

I REALLY want to go to Italy. I have forever. Bologna seems like it'd be the best place for me. To tell you the truth, I don't have any strong desire to go anywhere else. There's no place in the world better than New Orleans and once I move there (in a few years), I won't want to leave.

Jaimoe

1. Newfoundland
2. western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia)
3. The Yukon and Alaska
4. Japan
5. Scotland
6. England
7. San Francisco
8. Dieppe, France  
9. San Francisco
10. North Pole

Although I'm not the biggest traveller, I've been to many parts of the States, eastern Canada, France, Havana Cuba, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Ireland and Northern Ireland.

This summer I'm going to France (again), Germany, Holland and Belgium.

The DARK

7. San Francisco
9. San Francisco

Intentional?
In another time, in another place, in another face

meggha

san fran is pretty sick. you should go.
alaska's great too. if you ever get to go, definitely check out denali natl park and seward. do not go to wasilla, you will be  bored and scared.

Jaimoe

7. San Francisco
9. San Francisco

Intentional?

I think I was thinking about the Grateful Dead and I lost myself for a second.

How about adding Venice in at #7.

Jaimoe

Quotesan fran is pretty sick. you should go.
alaska's great too. if you ever get to go, definitely check out denali natl park and seward. do not go to wasilla, you will be  bored and scared.

I saw fellow Canuck Jason Jones skewer the hell out of Wasilla on The Daily Show. I was terrified by the way that town embraces mega chains and big-box stores.

mjkoehler

In no order other then England being #1.

England (too many cities to name)
Scotland
Ireland
France (WWI and WWII historical areas)
Netherlands
Japan
Egypt
Australia
New Mexico (it's all about the food and the desert)
Montreal

meggha

QuoteIn no order other then England being #1.

Scotland
Ireland
Netherlands
Japan
Egypt
Australia
Montreal

come to New Mexico! it's a great place. the desert will always be my true home.
and don't just stick to northern NM; that's the popular place, but that doesn't mean it's better.... it's all about the south! sometimes.

ManNamedTruth

Amsterdam
Alaska
London
Paris
Jamaica
ancient mayan ruins (several places have them, not sure what is considered the best spot)
Italy
Hawaii
San Francisco
Chicago

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

meggha

ancient mayan ruins (several places have them, not sure what is considered the best spot)

i've heard great things about guatemalan ruins, and southern mexico--check out yucatan peninsula (chichen itza, etc.)

pawpaw

I've been pretty lucky, and have been able to do some traveling so far in my life, but there's so much to see and do in this world...here are some places I still would love to see...

Alaska
Turkey
Japan
Tour the old silver towns in the central mountains of Mexico
Brazil
Patagonio, Argentina (fishing for sea run brown trout)
Kruger National Park, South Africa
New Zealand
China
Banff and Jasper National Parks, Canada
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Jaimoe

I urge all you travel bugs to visit Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, specifically the Cabot Trail. It's one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit. Also, Halifax, Nova Scotia is one of the most vibrant cities in North America and Prince Edward Island is like a postcard. Fundy National Park in New Brunswick is amazing.

meggha

QuoteI urge all you travel bugs to visit Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, specifically the Cabot Trail. It's one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit. Also, Halifax, Nova Scotia is one of the most vibrant cities in North America and Prince Edward Island is like a postcard. Fundy National Park in New Brunswick is amazing.

thanks. i have some good friends who went to scot' last year and loved it. i will have to go. also, trailer park boys is making canada look better and better.  ;)

Jaimoe

QuoteI urge all you travel bugs to visit Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, specifically the Cabot Trail. It's one of the most beautiful places you'll ever visit. Also, Halifax, Nova Scotia is one of the most vibrant cities in North America and Prince Edward Island is like a postcard. Fundy National Park in New Brunswick is amazing.

thanks. i have some good friends who went to scot' last year and loved it. i will have to go. also, trailer park boys is making canada look better and better.  ;)

I've never seen an episode, but I know it's a good show.

xmascriminal

QuoteIn no order other then England being #1.

Scotland
Ireland
Netherlands
Japan
Egypt
Australia
Montreal

come to New Mexico! it's a great place. the desert will always be my true home.
and don't just stick to northern NM; that's the popular place, but that doesn't mean it's better.... it's all about the south! sometimes.

I spend half my summers in New Mexico right outside downtown Santa Fe. I recommend it.

Bumbeli

France (I prefer the country or the coast, some lonely house on a hill with a little village somewhere near, very few people; or a a little house on the island where a small roads leads to that can only be used during ebb tide; or St. Malo, beautiful little town in the north, or Paris)
England (preferably somewhere in the west, near the coast)
Canada (indian summer is just gorgeous, Toronto or Montreal)
San Francisco (been there when I was about 12 years old, it was great)
India (spend all your time looking at the tachmahal, seeing it once during sunrise was probably one of the most beautiful things I've seen)
Spain (not when it's really hot; preferably Barcelona)
Prague (beautiful city, nice people)
Australia or New Zealand (never been there, but I'd like to go there one day)

That's all I can think of

Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

ALady

I need to explore Canada a little more.  I'm studying Cape Breton fiddling a bit, would love to do a workshop there or something.

I'd like to visit:

Olympic National Park (just outside of Seattle)
Belgium
Turkey
Iceland
Scotland (I'd just sit in a pub and listen to the accents...ahhh)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jaimoe

Scotland (I'd just sit in a pub and listen to the accents...ahhh)

In certain parts of Nova Scotia, specifically Cape Breton, you'll hear their variation of Scotish. The accents in Nova Scotia are unique and distinctive though, as they are in Newfoundland (which has Irish traits) and P.E.I..