Note From Yim Yames and My Morning Jacket

Started by wallstreet, Nov 26, 2008, 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas

hello friends and fans of mmj. i would just like to personally thank each and every one of you who have sent kind words or well wishes my way since i had my accident a few weeks back. it has been one of the hardest and strangest times of my life, but your kind words and support have really meant a lot to me and i can feel their healing power! i have been just letting time do its thing, slowly but surely, as the old adage says, and hopefully i'll be back to normal soon.

first off, sorry to all of our friends abroad that we had to cancel our european/uk tour. unfortunately the two times i have sustained major injuries on tour, europe was the next thing on our calendar that had to be canceled in order for me to recuperate. we hope to be back over there at some point in the not so distant future to play some musics. we look forward to seeing you soon.

second off, we are really excited about the upcoming shows in chicago, australia, and japan - as well as our big new years eve "blacktie blowout" at madison square garden in new york city! we invite and encourage everyone coming to the new years show to "dress to tha nines," in your finest and classiest party wear: suits/tuxedos, frilly dresses/luxurious ballgowns, top hats and canes, 2009 glasses, etc - as we intend to really "class up the joint" and celebrate the monumental year that 2008 was, whilst gazing forward to the thrills and chills that 2009 will hold.

i knew when i took my first breath of the air of 2008 that it would be a monumentally crazy year- and phew! that was no joke. as challenging as the year has been there has been a lot of change and positivity in the air...with the rekindling of hope that now and in 2009 we can keep working together to even out the playing field across the board and make the planet a healthier place to live for all of our brothers and sisters in the us and across the globe. its time for some love.

here are some links i have found particularly informative over the past few months:

http://www.thehungersite.com

http://www.couragecampaign.org/prop8repeal

http://www.sweethomeneworleans.org

http://louisvilleleopardpercussionists.com/index.htm

be thankful 4 what you gots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx72QvLTXOk&feature=related

have fun, be safe, and we hope to see you soon.

- yim yames and my morning jacket
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

Got this on my hotmail. It seems VERY encouraging concerning Yim's health. :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

hizzo

I am so jealous of anyone going to the NYE show!!!!!  :D
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Sparkle

QuoteI am so jealous of anyone going to the NYE show!!!!!  :D

Me too! So insanely, uncontrollably jealous....  >:(

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

bold99

Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Salacious D

Will I be shunned if I don't "black tie" dress up? I'm dressing up--but not super dressy. . . .  please don't tar and feather me. . .
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

MarkW

QuoteWill I be shunned if I don't "black tie" dress up? I'm dressing up--but not super dressy. . . .  please don't tar and feather me. . .

At least polish your shoes and comb your hair.  I mean, Jim's making an effort...  ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

bluesky

can't wait to look pretty for jim and the boys! yahoo!!! thanks jim we are all thankful that you are doing better!

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Penny Lane

QuoteWill I be shunned if I don't "black tie" dress up? I'm dressing up--but not super dressy. . . .  please don't tar and feather me. . .

i feel like the shoes are gonna be the problem for girls :-( i can't make it thru a 4 hour rock show in heels.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

easy way

i feel like the shoes are gonna be the problem for girls :-( i can't make it thru a 4 hour rock show in heels.

I'm wearing 'spats' over my newbalance...always lookin' for a loophole.  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Love Dogg

I'm just glad we've finally gotten this narrowed down.  I've got it all picked out!

Oh, and girls...PLEASE wear high heels.  ;)
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

kydiddle

QuoteI'm just glad we've finally gotten this narrowed down.  I've got it all picked out!

So if we can't walk due to rocking it hard in heels, will you rent us all Hoverounds?

Cow temperature.

Love Dogg

QuoteI'm just glad we've finally gotten this narrowed down.  I've got it all picked out!

So if we can't walk due to rocking it hard in heels, will you rent us all Hoverounds?

No...but I will carry you.  Hoverounds aren't sexy!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

kydiddle

No...but I will carry you.  Hoverounds aren't sexy!

Yeah, you're right.   ;D
Cow temperature.

Ghostess on TV

I was thinking the same thing.  Can't wear a dress with sneakers!

weeniebeenie

QuoteHe said Japan  :D
And Australia. ;)
How loud can silence get?