6 Overtimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Love_Dog, Mar 13, 2009, 01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteCaptain v. Tracy

and i gots da sword  >:( ;D ;)

so do you understand my point Ruckus?? I really dont think its all that hard to understand.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteCaptain v. Tracy

and i gots da sword  >:( ;D ;)

so do you understand my point Ruckus?? I really dont think its all that hard to understand.
I'm sorry guys.  I'm just a 3rd party enjoying the battle of wills.  I will pull this if it stirs things up.

Rock On!!!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ycartrob

Good day for the Cards, they take care of business and three potential number ones go down.  If UofL wins the next two games, what "expert bracketologist" is going to claim they don't deserve a #1?

Part of them likely getting a #1 seed by winning the Big East tournament was partially based on them chalking up an away game win over Pitt or UConn. They dont have that chance now, and that actually hurts them [size=24]since both Pitt and UConn still have stronger schedules.[/size]

I personally think they should probably be a #1 still if they win it, but with them now beating a tired Syracuse or 7th seeded WVU in the championship it doesnt look as good as what most expected they wouldve beaten to win the tourney.

See my point in bold above

are you high?   (seriously, are you?)

are you seriously trying to go in circles?

did[size=20] I[/size] (me, not you) just bold that?

let me rephrase that so you understand my intent - "both pitt and uconn still have stronger resumes" , and by that, I mean stronger resumes than Louisville's now known championship opponent - Syracuse.

before pitt and uconn lost, they were both slotted as #1 seeds, whereas louisville wasnt. everyone was saying that if louisville won the big east tournament, it would be hard not to make them a #1 seed - HOWEVER - it was expected that they wouldve had to beat pitt or uconn to do this, which is not the case. Since they wont be getting the marquee win that most thought they would by winning the BET, them achieving this feat would no longer be seen as important as it wouldve been, thus making them winning the tournament as a less likely reason to slot them as a #1 seed.

since you like throwing numbers out there, im interested - what are pitt, uconn, and louisville's RPI's, respectively?

What if I was just fucking with you? What would that be like?  

capt. scotty

Good day for the Cards, they take care of business and three potential number ones go down.  If UofL wins the next two games, what "expert bracketologist" is going to claim they don't deserve a #1?

Part of them likely getting a #1 seed by winning the Big East tournament was partially based on them chalking up an away game win over Pitt or UConn. They dont have that chance now, and that actually hurts them [size=24]since both Pitt and UConn still have stronger schedules.[/size]

I personally think they should probably be a #1 still if they win it, but with them now beating a tired Syracuse or 7th seeded WVU in the championship it doesnt look as good as what most expected they wouldve beaten to win the tourney.

See my point in bold above

are you high?   (seriously, are you?)

are you seriously trying to go in circles?

did[size=20] I[/size] (me, not you) just bold that?

let me rephrase that so you understand my intent - "both pitt and uconn still have stronger resumes" , and by that, I mean stronger resumes than Louisville's now known championship opponent - Syracuse.

before pitt and uconn lost, they were both slotted as #1 seeds, whereas louisville wasnt. everyone was saying that if louisville won the big east tournament, it would be hard not to make them a #1 seed - HOWEVER - it was expected that they wouldve had to beat pitt or uconn to do this, which is not the case. Since they wont be getting the marquee win that most thought they would by winning the BET, them achieving this feat would no longer be seen as important as it wouldve been, thus making them winning the tournament as a less likely reason to slot them as a #1 seed.

since you like throwing numbers out there, im interested - what are pitt, uconn, and louisville's RPI's, respectively?

What if I was just fucking with you? What would that be like?  

That would be, like, basically, all you do around here, man
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

I haven't liked Louisville since Lancaster Gordon was doing tomahawk dunks in his Pro-Keds.

ycartrob

QuoteI haven't liked Louisville since Lancaster Gordon was doing tomahawk dunks in his Pro-Keds.

Gordon is from Jackson, Mississippi and we used to watch him play High School ball at Jim Hill. He'd have these epic battles against Micahel Phelps who played in nearby Vicksburg and went on to play for the Supersonics. Jackson has always been a hot bed for high school talent, even back in the day. Good times.

In fact, at one point, Murrah High had 4 pro players in the NBA at the same time, which is pretty amazinf for a straight up public school: Lindsay Hunter, othella Harrington, Ronnie Henderson and James Robinson.

Ruckus

QuoteI haven't liked Louisville since Lancaster Gordon was doing tomahawk dunks in his Pro-Keds.

Ahh C'mon ya old timers. ;)  I started catching some Louisville during the Purvis Ellison days.  A little past Lancaster Gordon but hey

Jaimoe

The Louisville teams that Lancaster played for were awesome to watch. One of the best college games I've ever seen was when Gordon's stacked Louisville team played Phi Slama Jama back in '82 or '83. The tomahawks were slamming all game and Gordon was great. So much talent on the court too.

Jaimoe

Ahh C'mon ya old timers. ;)  I started catching some Louisville during the Purvis Ellison days.  A little past Lancaster Gordon but hey

"Never Nervous" Purvis. He was a good baller, but a disappointing pro.

ycartrob

Ruckus

"Never Nervous" Purvis. He was a good baller, but a disappointing pro.

For a #1 for sure.  However, he got me a rotisserrie basketball championship as a Bullet for a year!!!  He filled up the stat sheets for a year or two