The 59 Best Breakfast Places in America

Started by ycartrob, Mar 08, 2009, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

the sun and moon

mmm breakfast is waaaaay better than lunch and dinner.

aMillionDreams

I've never been to the one in Louisville, I'll have to try it out.  I'm surprised Lynn's Paradise Cafe wasn't on there, they've been on Oprah and the Food Network. Wild Eggs is very good but it is fairly new.  Anywhere that focus on local ingredients couldn't be all that bad.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

Quotemmm breakfast is waaaaay better than lunch and dinner.
yes, yes, and yes

greasy spoon diners are my favorite for breakfast

Janet

Quotemmm breakfast is waaaaay better than lunch and dinner.
yes, yes, and yes

greasy spoon diners are my favorite for breakfast

Indeed.  Truck stops aren't bad either.   You can order one breakfast (for around $7) and feed a family of four!

the sun and moon

But I don't think they ate here, otherwise it would've made the list:

http://www.thegrovecafemarket.com/

Soulshine

Some good ones:

Blind Faith Cafe in Evanston, IL

Courier Cafe Urbana, IL

Mary Lou's Diner and Harbaughs both in Carbondale, IL

Oh, there's also The Original Pancake House I've been to the one in Champaign, IL and Las Vegas. I think there is one or two others...not too sure how that works with "original" but it be goooooood!

Going out for breakfast is one of my most favorite things to do!  :)
Because we're all in this together...

megalicious

i know they aren't ranked, but t-town's wayfarer is #1. mmmmmm cheese grits...
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

not sure if this is a chain on the west coast or not but my brother ALWAYS takes me to Flappy Jacks when i visit him (right outside LA) and my friend from San Diego loves it too?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

Ghostess on TV

I was at The Original Pancake House in Essex New Jersey one morning after a Dave Matthews show...  BEST FOOD EVER!  A Pancake house is probably my favorite restaurant... weird!  Their syrup was so good (homemade) we were just eating the syrup alone.  haha..

ycartrob

QuoteI was at The Original Pancake House in Essex New Jersey one morning after a Dave Matthews show...  BEST FOOD EVER!  A Pancake house is probably my favorite restaurant... weird!  Their syrup was so good (homemade) we were just eating the syrup alone.  haha..

All the I-Hops are going away in Nashville. There's 1 left I know of and we went there to eat pancakes one night, and a woman in the booth behind me was complaining to the manager that her clam chowder was runny...

The clam chowder she ordered in Nashville, Tennessee at an International House of Pancakes was runny...and she was complaining....about runny clam chowder....in Nashville, Tennessee....at an I-Hop....   :-/

Ghostess on TV

QuoteI was at The Original Pancake House in Essex New Jersey one morning after a Dave Matthews show...  BEST FOOD EVER!  A Pancake house is probably my favorite restaurant... weird!  Their syrup was so good (homemade) we were just eating the syrup alone.  haha..

All the I-Hops are going away in Nashville. There's 1 left I know of and we went there to eat pancakes one night, and a woman in the booth behind me was complaining to the manager that her clam chowder was runny...

The clam chowder she ordered in Nashville, Tennessee at an International House of Pancakes was runny...and she was complaining....about runny clam chowder....in Nashville, Tennessee....at an I-Hop....   :-/

Ha!  That's ridiculous!  Go to Red Lobster or some shit.

Soulshine

The first time I went there I got an omelet. I don't know how many eggs they use for those things, but I got about 5 meals out of it...on top of that they automatically brought a stack of pancakes (which ARE amazing) I thought I was going to cry when I saw all that food in front of me. Too much! I had containers of leftovers. Delish nonetheless!
Because we're all in this together...

ALady

I'll vouch for Ann Sather and Manny's on the list.  They're pretty good.

When I have people in town, I always take them to Orange for the fruit sushi.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires