Daily Supplements

Started by rccola71, Mar 23, 2009, 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

I'm trying a new way of taking better care of myself. I'm cutting out the alcohol for awhile and concentrating on my health. That said is anyone here familiar with CoQ10? My friend says it does wonders for him. Who takes what supplements and how do they help you guys. Thanks and take care.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

RC-i take a good multi vitamin (not artifical one like centrum), fish oil pill (for heart) and a vitamin B-12 (for mood and metabolism)

if you eat a lot of fish and use olive oil a lot, you don't need the fish oil, otherwise, it's good to take.

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

All I could say offhand is Im pretty sure that stands for coenzyme Q10. If its a coenzyme, it's going to accelerate some pathway in your body. My guess would would be either an anabolic or catabolic pathway, like transcribing proteins/building muscle or burning fat quicker, respectively.

If thats the case, it would make sense that it could help you, but after taking 2 biochemistry courses, I can tell you A LOT of the supplements out there basically do nothing for you. In theory they should, but in reality they don't.

If it's expensive, it's probably not worth it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

QuoteI'm trying a new way of taking better care of myself. I'm cutting out the alcohol for awhile and concentrating on my health. That said is anyone here familiar with CoQ10? My friend says it does wonders for him. Who takes what supplements and how do they help you guys. Thanks and take care.
MMMmmmmm.........Alcohol..........
As long as you keep a straight face...

primushead

I did that for about a month.  My body feels much better now (I guess all the detoxing and what not).  I've gone back to alcohol, but only in moderation.  

I've still got the exercise regimen going, too.  But, yes, keep it up.  It's totally worth it.

Jaimoe

Eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise and don't go on a high protein diet. Your kidneys will thank you.

Penny Lane

i think milk thistle is one of the few things that help regenerate the liver (if that's possible) so for people who drink a lot...? i know they recommend it to alcoholics/drug addicts

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MickeyReds

Quotei think milk thistle is one of the few things that help regenerate the liver (if that's possible) so for people who drink a lot...? i know they recommend it to alcoholics/drug addicts

MMmmmmm...........Drugs.............
As long as you keep a straight face...

Angry Ewok

Six cups of coffee a night, for me.

(Black w/ sugar)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

LizKing531

Vitamin B also works wonders to counteract hangovers.  If you take it before you start drinking & don't do it consecutive days in a row, you'll notice a difference when you wake up the next morning

My ex works in the supplement section of Whole Foods - she used to have my cabinets filled with all sorts of random vitamins, minerals, tinctures & snake oils.

Oregano oil - in my experience, actually helps with cold bugs & the like.

fitzcarraldo

Vadie Stark

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.