UK Festivals

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Mar 23, 2009, 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie_Walnuts

Any opinions as to the best UK festivals this year? I went to Latitude last year. I loved the setting but the line up was really poor. And this year they have Grace Jones headlining Friday and the fucking Pet Shop Boys on Saturday! That has put me right off.

I want something different to the usual commercial indie shite. Any suggestions?
Paulie W

Jaimoe

Glastonbury is considered one of the best festivals in the world. Neil Young is confirmed for this year as are Fleet Foxes.

Paulie_Walnuts

Hasn't Glastonbury just become another big corporate event? Jay Z headlining seemed to be the nail in the coffin for me.

I was hoping to get away from the commercial festivals like V, Reading etc.
Paulie W

Paulie Walnuts

Anyone been to Green Man or End Of The Road?
"A problem shared......is a problem two people have got."

IHL

Went to 'End of the Road' last year and got tickets for this year.

I highly recommend it, great artists and a lovely setting (and crowd) and only 5000 people. Bon Iver was excellent last year, so was Kurt Wagner.

Alela Diane, Peter Broderick and The Tallest Man Alive are all playing this year.

Check it out definitely

ALady

QuoteAnyone been to Green Man or End Of The Road?

I'm curious about Green Man as well.  
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sparkle

Hop Farm Festival?

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/

Line up not yet announced though.

tower

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but I noticed the UK presence.  

I had a guy from the UK (Nick Baldrian) contact me about doing a review of my band's new record as well as some promotion to press and radio for a very low rate.  His name shows up in a lot of places on a google search and I know the adage of sounds too good to be true but I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about him.  The mag is Fireworks, definitely a heavier rock mag than what we do and his company is TSM Promotions (myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/nickyaor)

Our site is in my signature at the bottom if that helps.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com