The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

American beating Nova by 10 at the half...Good for watching, bad for my bracket  :-/

Although this is very good happening for Pitt since I think Nova is their toughest potential opponent in that region.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Man, this has got to be my worst opening day since I can remember. I havent lost any teams that I had winning more than 1 game at least.

Hopefully UCLA and Western KY can pull off some wins so I can jump a few people  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

VCU just made me glad I put some Gold Bond on today

primushead

Did anyone see Blake Griffin get thrown on his back yesterday?  That was such a hard foul...I'm surprised the kid that did it to him didn't get ejected.

Actually, I've seen numerous hard fouls on breakaways, under the basket etc.

The refs need to start calling this shit.

Ruckus

QuoteDid anyone see Blake Griffin get thrown on his back yesterday?  That was such a hard foul...I'm surprised the kid that did it to him didn't get ejected.

Actually, I've seen numerous hard fouls on breakaways, under the basket etc.

The refs need to start calling this shit.

Yeah I did.  We got the full game because I live less than 5 minutes from Morgan.

I think the guy got ejected immediately actually.  Griffin was a great sport about it.  Hey, just another dude in B'more keeping it rizzle
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

This would sooo be me if I ever grew tall enough to dunk.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvY7zv9St4w[/media]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Pittsburgh's performance today was eerily reminiscent of the 27-2, 1981 Depaul team (Mark Aguire's Sr. year) when as a 1 seed they "showed up" to play St Josephs and lost, after a 1st round bye. No jump in their step, lazy passes, flat footed, reaching for loose balls, little emotion. Man, I don't know if that's on the coach or the players, but if ETSU shoots FT's like they normally do, it's anybody's game at the end. Not sure what the hell they were doing, but they had the emotional energy of a wet sock.

capt. scotty

Id put it more on the Pitt players seeing as how they had 18 turnovers and were offensively outrebounded 19-9 (which never happens to them).

I didnt see most of the game though

primushead

Morehead State up on Louisville, 24-22...what gives?!

capt. scotty

'Zona looks like theyre going to be a tough out. I actually have them beating Wake Forest and making it to the Sweet 16.

If that actually happens, Louisville will surely have a tough game on their plate.

capt. scotty

Colonials looking good early vs. Michigan State  :D

Pittsburgh representin', holla!!!

capt. scotty

Damn!!

I just noticed Cleveland State is beating Wake by 12 with a minute left in the 1st half...That'd be a HUGE upset

Works out well with my Arizona in the Sweet 16 pick as well  8-)

Mich St pulled away from Robert Morris a bit the last couple minutes, go into the break with an 11pt lead.

My over 122 bet on the Wisconsin-FSU game isnt looking too hot right now though  :-/

capt. scotty

So can someone tell me why 20 point difference Mich St-Robert Morris is still on my TV screen despite Siena-OSU and Wisconsin-FSU being tight and Cleveland State looking for the upset vs. Wake!?!?!? What is wrong with you CBS!!!!!!!!

Luckily, I switched over to the computer. I shouldve done it earlier, but last year the NCAA.com feeds were fairly bad quality and also skipped/froze quite often. HOT DAMN have they improved it this year!!  :o I dont have an HDTV, but Id almost say my computer feed is better than my TV. I cant believe DirecTV still charges $80 for all the games when these feeds online are so good. Highly recommend  yinz all check it out tomorrow when its likely the game you want wont be on your TV.

Glad I made the switch because Cleveland State is just lighting the lamp. They look like a legit team. Cedric Jackson is supa gangsta.

capt. scotty

QuoteSo can someone tell me why 20 point difference Mich St-Robert Morris is still on my TV screen despite Siena-OSU and Wisconsin-FSU being tight and Cleveland State looking for the upset vs. Wake!?!?!? What is wrong with you CBS!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...I guess its because Robert Morris is from the Burgh.  ::)

Still, 20 point game with all these other great games on?! If I was a Robert Morris fan, I'd rather they change the game  ;D

capt. scotty

Thank you Ronald Moore....Siena Roolz  :D

capt. scotty

QuoteThank you Ronald Moore....Siena Roolz  :D

ONIONS!!!!!

Part 2!!!!  :D :D

(Always nice to see Ohio State lose, dont you agree Penny?  ;))

primushead

Stop talking to yourself!!   ;)

Wow, the ACC took a hit tonight.  As usual, UNC and dook are carrying the load.  Seriously, though, how does freaking Wake lose to Cleveland freaking State?!?!

Maddness!!! :D

capt. scotty

QuoteStop talking to yourself!!   ;)

Wow, the ACC took a hit tonight.  As usual, UNC and dook are carrying the load.  Seriously, though, how does freaking Wake lose to Cleveland freaking State?!?!

Maddness!!! :D

Yeah...having classes at 9AM on Saturdays have made my fridays desolate. I'll talk to myself if I feel like it  ;D

Yeah, ACC def took a hit while the Big 10 IMO has been bumped up (there saying the Big 12 too, but I didnt expect any of those teams to likely lose besides maybe Texas). Maryland looked good and Memphis struggled, so there could be something there tomorrow though.

I only watched most of the 2nd half of that Cleveland State game, but they looked damn good on both sides.

tower

I don't know what you're talking about, MSU v. Robert Morris with MSU up 20 is a good game as far as I'm concerned!http://140.174.96.14/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif

I was at my buddy's house who had three tv's set up so we could watch whatever we wanted...genius.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

I was bummed that I had to watch the Ohio St/Siena game (rather had seen Wake lose) but it turned out to be a dandy. Friday night ends late with 2 OT games!

aahhhhhhhhhhhh............ [size=14]madnessed[/size]