The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

I had to step out last night right before the Ohio State/Siena game went to OT (babybill needed a drive 'cause he was wailin'), so I missed the end of that one and the Wisconsin win...damn. BUT, UCLA/Villanova is off to a great start! Lets go Bruins!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

primushead

'Nova is handing it to UCLA!  Can they miss from outside at all?

pawpaw

Quote'Nova is handing it to UCLA!  Can they miss from outside at all?

I know, it helps when you're shooting uncontested! It went REAL bad after I wrote that last post...poor, POOR defense from UCLA in the first half...they're not out, but they've dug themselves a deep hole against a good team that's playing REALLY well.

capt. scotty

This game is as good as over.

Hopefully no one actually picked Nova losing in their backyard
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

I don't know if it's OVER....lotsa time left
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

QuoteI don't know if it's OVER....lotsa time left

24 points with 4 minutes left...finito!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

I think  it's time for the fat lady to start warming up ;D

Jaimoe

I love seeing UCLA getting blown out. Go Big East and go Orangemen!

I'm pulling for Siena . I like the MAAC - small schools and many are near the Canadian border. The schools often recruit Canadians in basketball, baseball and hockey (of course) too.

pawpaw

I think  it's time for the fat lady to start warming up ;D

Oh yeah, it's over... :'(

And I picked UCLA headdy!  ;D This IS the same Villanova team that had their hands full with American on Thursday, right? Same court, right? I'm pretty sure that Villanova didn't average 90+ pts a game this season (like they'll probably end up doing here), I'm pretty sure it was at least 15-20 less. This is just a game where Nova played better than they are, and UCLA played worse than they are. UCLA, under Howland, is generally a well coached, strong defensive team, with great athletes, and those types of teams ALWAYS have a chance in this tournament. Too bad they didn't play defense today like a Howland coached team, and had like 20 fucking tournovers...  >:(

ycartrob

Memphis- 89  Maryland- 70

Greivis Vasquez of Maryland: "If Memphis played in the ACC Conference, they'd have a losing record in the league. They'd probably win all of their games outside the league and have a losing record in the league. The ACC is too tough."

hmmmmm, I wonder if that goes for Cleveland State, too?  ;D

Did he miss the fact that Memphis beat Gonzaga by 18 at Gonzaga while the Terps lost to Gonzaga by 22 at home? Watching Memphis and Maryland, it's pretty obvious who has the better team (That's why Vegas has Memphis -10). Vasquez should focus on playing basketball rather than pining philosophical about the merits of Tiger basketball.

Memphis probably wouldn't win the ACC and they definently wouldn't be on the lower tier of ACC teams. What a silly thing to say.

capt. scotty

Id be hard pressed to find a team that derails a UCONN-Memphis Elite 8 matchup

capt. scotty

primushead

QuoteHeels in a tight one...Rut-Roh

Nah, it turned out okay.  Thanks, in part, to the best backcourt in the nation right now.

capt. scotty

That Zags-Western KY game ended up a lot closer than I thought.

And what I mean by that is, a lot closer than I thought it would end up with 2 minutes left.

jones

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvve!!!

TheBigChicken

party at TEO's house :D :D :D :D

primushead

Wow!  Can't believe how close the Louisville game was!!  Or the MSU game!!  

It should be a fantastic sweet sixteen...

capt. scotty

Yeah, would've been nice if USC pulled that off, and they might have had Taj Gibson not fouled out and only had 3 points. Certainly wouldve helped my bracket out a lot since having WVU in the Elite 8 killed me and not only would I have gained ground since I picked USC, but that would keep some points out of all your greasy Spartan picking mitts.

Apparently being the only person having Arizona in the Sweet 16 gave me a nice boost though  8-) I certainly wouldnt want to be Louisville right now, thats a dangerous matchup.

I typically find the 2nd round to be the least interesting of all the rounds. Not too many upsets or great matchups, and it doesnt have the hype/excitement of the 1st round, or the marquee matchups of the 2nd round.

Bring on the Sweet 16 !!!

tower

QuoteYeah, would've been nice if USC pulled that off, and they might have had Taj Gibson not fouled out and only had 3 points. Certainly wouldve helped my bracket out a lot since having WVU in the Elite 8 killed me and not only would I have gained ground since I picked USC, but that would keep some points out of all your greasy Spartan picking mitts.

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I for one would love to see the MSU/UL matchup!  I've always wanted to see Izzo vs. Pitino just for contrast in styles!  Both still have plenty of work to do although we've beaten Kansas once 75-62, Arizona is a scarier opponent I'd say.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

capt. scotty

QuoteYeah, would've been nice if USC pulled that off, and they might have had Taj Gibson not fouled out and only had 3 points. Certainly wouldve helped my bracket out a lot since having WVU in the Elite 8 killed me and not only would I have gained ground since I picked USC, but that would keep some points out of all your greasy Spartan picking mitts.

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I for one would love to see the MSU/UL matchup!  I've always wanted to see Izzo vs. Pitino just for contrast in styles!  Both still have plenty of work to do although we've beaten Kansas once 75-62, Arizona is a scarier opponent I'd say.

Kansas doesnt impress me. I think as long as MSU plays their game, theyll win that one.