Harper's Island

Started by primushead, Apr 09, 2009, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

Anyone watching this tonight?  It looks pretty cool...I"m definitely down for a good old fashioned murder mystery.

Still, I hate having to be around every Thursday night for the next few weeks.  I really don't think I'll be able to do it.

:-/

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/harpers_island/

capt. scotty

Yeah, Im conflicted. The premise is right up my alley but it looks like it could be bad/cheesy. I'm gonna DVR it and after I have a few episodes I'll see what I think.

Thanks for reminding me to DVR it. If I didnt tape tonights, I probably wouldnt have even trie to watch it  ;D

What's going on with you thursday nights?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

There is always Murder She Wrote if you need to get your murder mystery on.

primushead

1st episode was corny...but delightfully corny.  

It's one of those shows where you'll have to take it for what it is on the surface and to not ask any questions.

But...who killed Uncle Jim??!!  I'm gonna guess that the fisherman did it.  Yup.

Jaimoe

I'll try to record it on the west feed.

Ruckus

What a doo doo show.  I love how they made me hate almost every character immediately and they killed the only one I liked.  Therefore, I will attempt to watch it again next week.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

primushead

capt. scotty

Well I just watched the first 3 episodes back 2 back 2 back and I must say, Im hooked.

The show is craptasticly cheesy, yet entertaining and interesting at the same. It's pretty much "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" meets "Club Dread" with 5 times the characters and storylines since its gotta last more than 2 hours.

I actually find a lot of the characters likeable to a degree, but Uncle Jim was 1 of the best. They shouldnt have killed him first. The groom's friends are pretty funny though and lighten it up. A few of those girls are pretty damn fine as well.

Its pretty much a soap opera with violence and camp, but i'll probably be watching until the end  :) ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons