Horror movie music that really does it

Started by MMJ_fanatic, May 11, 2009, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

You know the stuff I'm talking about--the music comes on and your pulse goes up, hairs on your arm stand on end, and you get lost in the moment anticipating mind bending nastiness.  Some of my favorites:

1) "Tubular Bells" (the main theme music for The Exorcist)
2) Halloween main theme music
3) The main theme music from the "28 (Days/Weeks/Months) Later" series of movies--this one is probably my favorite for it level of tension.

What are some of your favs...?
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

touchingmept2

The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Jaimoe

Bernard Herrmann's theme from Psycho is as good as it gets.

Angry Ewok

Hermann was awesome - even Taxi Driver's theme had a suspense to it. Cannot talk about horror themes without mentioning JAWS. I always thought The Shining was good, too.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Penny Lane

The Poseidon Adventure
Rosemary's Baby
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

There was a third "28 ____ Later" movie?!  :-?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TGMC421

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteThere was a third "28 ____ Later" movie?!  :-?

The "28 Months Later"  installment is currently stalled (not sure if its going to happen) I hope it makes it because the "Weeks" ending was wide open and leading to more.  I just included the title as an assumption that it was gonna happen.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Leontheslut

QuoteThe Poseidon Adventure
Rosemary's Baby
Rosemary's Baby scared the crap out of me. The music is really what hits you though. Nothing is creepier than the sound of child like singing.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.