GBV Breakup

Started by johnconaway, Apr 27, 2004, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

http://gbv.com/

Well, they finally went and did it.  Mr. Pollard, I apologize for my ramblings about your drunken, sweet beautiful drunken ramblings.  God bless ya.

For all GBV fans or just fans of great music, this is a sad bit of news that GBV is breaking up, calling it quits.

He even said the words "I'm too old to be a gangleader"...no way man!  You rock harder than people half your age with ease.  

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

John I thought about you when I saw they'd decided to split up, knowing how much you love their music. Sad.

Oz

Damn, John, when you said how amazing they were live, I really wanted to see them. Now I never will...

I also still haven't bought that compilation album. Damn, I have to buy so much and I'm so absolutely broke.  :(
I'm ready when you are

MMJ_fanatic

Well I guess we can always look forward to his solo appearances.  From what I've heard he is going to continue to write and perform as a solo act.......... :-/
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

peanut butter puddin surprise

Yes, I too am hoping for a solo tour, but hopefully sans an absolutely tanked Mr. Pollard...I still can't get over how sad it was to see one of my heroes end up sounding like the chronic alcoholic barfly everyone has had an experience with...you know the guy, bitter at the world for everything, talking shit on everyone around him (it's always a HIM and never a her), etc.

Thanks for the props, drinthehouse... 8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SMc55

No problemo  8)

From what you say, this could end up being one of those moves which, while tinged with sadness, turns out to be for the best. We'll see I suppose.

Leontheslut

The last time I saw Bob he kicked his leg so high he tore a muscle.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

MickeyReds

Quotehttp://gbv.com/

Well, they finally went and did it.  Mr. Pollard, I apologize for my ramblings about your drunken, sweet beautiful drunken ramblings.  God bless ya.

For all GBV fans or just fans of great music, this is a sad bit of news that GBV is breaking up, calling it quits.

He even said the words "I'm too old to be a gangleader"...no way man!  You rock harder than people half your age with ease.  

:'( :'( :'( :'(
WTF!
As long as you keep a straight face...