Main Menu

Fishing

Started by bbill, Jun 19, 2009, 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

TB, that sounds like the best day ever!  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

pawpaw

QuoteTB, that sounds like the best day ever!  8-)

Hell yeah! That would be cool to have a Forum Ice Fishing weekend! I'll bring a couple handles of bourbon, and if by "backwoods smokes" you mean "fat spliffs", I'll bring some of those too!

Here's a really bad scan of a photo...this was actually taken about 4 years ago, the day before I got married! That's a lingcod...not a huge one, but nice size. Noyo Harbor, Fort Bragg, CA.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

pawpaw

Here's one more...this is the Pit...that's me on the far side.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

QuoteTB, that sounds like the best day ever!  8-)

Hell yeah! That would be cool to have a Forum Ice Fishing weekend! I'll bring a couple handles of bourbon, and if by "backwoods smokes" you mean "fat spliffs", I'll bring some of those too!

Here's a really bad scan of a photo...this was actually taken about 4 years ago, the day before I got married! That's a lingcod...not a huge one, but nice size. Noyo Harbor, Fort Bragg, CA.

Damn, that looks like a big donkey, holy! Even if TB didn't mean fat spliffs, I do.  ;)

My roommate and I have this week off of work, so we'll doing some fishing. Although he wants to go a couple hours away, but we have maybe 5+ lakes within 15 miles. It seems like a waste of time, but he has the boat.

capt. scotty

Always nice to go to some new territory though.

It looks like im a fishing noob compared to yinz all
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

QuoteAlways nice to go to some new territory though.

It looks like im a fishing noob compared to yinz all

Trust me, I don't claim to be a knowledgeable fisherperson.

But I'm heading out on a 3 day fishing trip. I just wanna catch sunfish all day. Going to a little place called the Detroit Lakes area. It's about 5 hours away, but it's the start of northern Minnesota or God's country. So it should be pretty scenic.  Weather is going to be great! High 60's and sunny, and mid 50's at night.

But yeah, there's some lakes around...

I believe outside of CA, Minnesota has the most shoreline in the country.