Fantasy Baseball??

Started by Clarkwork, Feb 15, 2009, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

okay, the time is changed. so everyone, let me know if this doesn't work as soon as possible.

[size=16][highlight]Thursday, March 26th 6:30pm CDT[/highlight][/size]

We need one more to make 8.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

since we're doing 20 and not 10. we should think about payouts.
100 for playoff winner
30 for second
30 for regular season winner

aMillionDreams

Quotesince we're doing 20 and not 10. we should think about payouts.
100 for playoff winner
30 for second
30 for regular season winner

That works, but gets confusing.  I don't want to have to write three checks to make good on my 20 bucks.  We could arrange it so that one person sends their money to the reg season winner, one person sends it to the second place team and everyone else sends it to the winner. But that would make it:
120 for playoff winner
20 for second
20 for regular season winner

How about:
100 for playoff winner
40 for second
20 for regular season winner (I know that's not much, but usually the reg season winner will take one of the other pots)

btw, I think my buddy Todd (Red Rage) hasn't signed up yet.  I was hoping we could get him and two others from the boards to make ten, but if not eight works too.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

good point.
any of the payouts would be fine by me.  would be nice to get ten.

aMillionDreams

Quotegood point.
any of the payouts would be fine by me.  would be nice to get ten.

Just talked to Todd, he's going to sign up soon and he's down for $20.  That's means we have 8, two more would be nice.  I think we had two people say they'd play if we needed them to.  Should we have them sign up?

Ruckus

Quoteok i just saw the issue about draft times.  it's changed now to 9:15AM CST Sunday March 29th. if that doesn't work, we maybe have one day to change it, because times are running out.

Well, here I go ;)  Normally that would be a great day/time, but that is the end weekend of my wife's spring break week and we will be out of town.  Actually, we'll probably be in the car, driving back home.  I don't know if the final decision is a pay league or not.  If it's not a pay league, I can just set up my rankings and do it autodraft style, and just be a maniac on the waiver wire.  If it is a pay league, what are the chances we could move it to later that evening?  I know the evening slots go fastest, unfortunately.
Also, if I'm the only one who has a conflict with this time slot, maybe it's best just to leave it alone?  Changing it might lead to problems with multiple people.

I understand 100%, I wouldn't want to be in a money league if I wasn't going to make the draft. Ok, I'm going to change it again, hopefully it will work, but it probably won't be as close to opening day.

No go but I guess no sweat.  For 20 bucks, I'll just pre rank or maybe have my proxy take over.   :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Quoteok i just saw the issue about draft times.  it's changed now to 9:15AM CST Sunday March 29th. if that doesn't work, we maybe have one day to change it, because times are running out.

Well, here I go ;)  Normally that would be a great day/time, but that is the end weekend of my wife's spring break week and we will be out of town.  Actually, we'll probably be in the car, driving back home.  I don't know if the final decision is a pay league or not.  If it's not a pay league, I can just set up my rankings and do it autodraft style, and just be a maniac on the waiver wire.  If it is a pay league, what are the chances we could move it to later that evening?  I know the evening slots go fastest, unfortunately.
Also, if I'm the only one who has a conflict with this time slot, maybe it's best just to leave it alone?  Changing it might lead to problems with multiple people.

I understand 100%, I wouldn't want to be in a money league if I wasn't going to make the draft. Ok, I'm going to change it again, hopefully it will work, but it probably won't be as close to opening day.

No go but I guess no sweat.  For 20 bucks, I'll just pre rank or maybe have my proxy take over.   :)

i hope that you noticed that i changed the draft time. its on a thursday evening

Ruckus

i hope that you noticed that i changed the draft time. its on a thursday evening

Yup.  It's all good, my proxy is ready to go.  I hope he doesn't talk too much smack on my behalf in the draftroom. ;)

.Walt

we can change it to that wednesday, not thursday if that work for you?

wharf rat

Quotewe can change it to that wednesday, not thursday if that work for you?

I can do the thursday time, but wednesday would actually work way better.  Maybe let's hinge it on what Ruckus says?

Ruckus

Whichever works for you guys.  If its Thursday, my roommate who knows his stuff will draft for me.  If its Wednesday, I might have to bail out of my kickball league for one night to draft.  Either way, I'm good so you guys decide what works best.  I'm flexible.  If it was a $1,000,000 keeper league, I might have some reservations. :)

Clarkwork

Hey does someone mind emailing me the official link, date and time?  I may have already signed up but after all thats been discussed I can't remember.

clarkagency@bellsouth.net

Thanks!!!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

.Walt

I see we've been stuck on 7 for awhile . I talked to my roommate, and he's in for 20. So we have 8. Now all we have to do is draft!

aMillionDreams

Two more days till the draft ya all.  

wharf rat

Looking forward to it.  Not sure if the commish, (Walt?), has checked the league home page, but Ruckus was asking if we could move the draft back to Thursday.  I can do either night, I just wasn't sure if anyone had been in contact with him.  Sounds like he is going through his depth chart to try and find someone to fill in for him tomorrow night.
I also posted a question about a couple scoring categories, but that's not as important as managers being able to draft.

.Walt

QuoteLooking forward to it.  Not sure if the commish, (Walt?), has checked the league home page, but Ruckus was asking if we could move the draft back to Thursday.  I can do either night, I just wasn't sure if anyone had been in contact with him.  Sounds like he is going through his depth chart to try and find someone to fill in for him tomorrow night.
I also posted a question about a couple scoring categories, but that's not as important as managers being able to draft.

yeah, I saw that Ruckus wanted to change the draft time, but it was too late. I suppose I could have stopped by, and said something about it.

As for the questions, I see what you're saying about CG, and yes there will ties. But if your players gets one or two, it's huge.  With 8 teams, everyone will get a couple or more stud pitchers, so CG will happen.  As far as IP, yes the goal is to have more innings pitched than your opponent. How much your pitcher pitches is really out of your hands. But you do want your pitcher to go as long as he can. Injuries are part of the game, and there's 3 DL spots. I draft Rich Harden every year, and I know he's good for missing 5 starts a year, and a couple stints on the DL, it just happens.  

Innings pitched and total bases are in because I like those stats, but more importantly it's for people who do their roster everyday. There's nothing worse than losing to a player that doesn't do their roster. With IP and TB's, the person who does their roster will win those categories like they should.

wharf rat

Gotcha, I like the thinking now that you've spelled it out.  Looks like we might have some comp. for Harden this year.  He's such a stud when he's on, but so damn frustrating to own!

Clarkwork

So can someone clear up when the draft is?  I see that someone has Thursday the 26th at 730 eastern but I got an email from yahoo today saying it was tomorrow at 730???
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

aMillionDreams

The draft is tomorrow at 7:30 Eastern.  It's on the homepage, which you'll have to find by tomorrow in order to draft.  Try this link:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/99334

Ruckus

Well, I thank my buddy from Chi for drafting for me.  I've never been in an 8 team league where everyone fields an all star team.  Should be interesting.