AP report: 70000 die of unsafe abortions annually

Started by The_DARK, Oct 13, 2009, 07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

xmascriminal

Wow, that's horrible. I don't see how anyone can support making abortion illegal after reading something like that.

el_chode

QuoteWow, that's horrible. I don't see how anyone can support making abortion illegal after reading something like that.

Because if its illegal people don't do it, just like illegal aliens can't carry infectious diseases because they're illegal. DUH

If you'd like a philosopher's take, there's a Sartre novel that features a story arc about trying to get an illegal abortion.
I'm surrounded by assholes

The DARK

QuoteWow, that's horrible. I don't see how anyone can support making abortion illegal after reading something like that.

Coming from someone who personally stands against abortion, I still feel the same way you do. Simply outlawing it in these developing countries is a recipe for disaster. With this on top of the HIV epidemic, we need to step up the game immediately.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

Because if its illegal people don't do it, just like illegal aliens can't carry infectious diseases because they're illegal. DUH

arent most drugs illegal??? pretty sure a lot of people partake in those
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

xmascriminal

I think chode was probably being ironic.

capt. scotty

I guess not understanding at all what he was trying to say with that illegal alien thing threw me off  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

I guess not understanding at all what he was trying to say with that illegal alien thing threw me off  ;D

Yes, it's my cynical self. During the health care debates, there was a moment where someone rabbled that illegals don't need health care because they can't carry diseases...because they're illegal.

Don't try to understand it. You'll hurt yourself.

Personally, I believe that a "war" or anything will ultimately create more of what the war was designed to fight. And a more invidious version of it to boot.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Angry Ewok

QuotePersonally, I believe that a "war" or anything will ultimately create more of what the war was designed to fight. And a more invidious version of it to boot.

War on drugs. War on AIDs. War on poverty.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

bear sin rug

QuotePersonally, I believe that a "war" or anything will ultimately create more of what the war was designed to fight. And a more invidious version of it to boot.

War on drugs. War on AIDs. War on poverty.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2ykHinIPg[/media]
It's a bad idea

Soulshine

Yes, it's my cynical self. During the health care debates, there was a moment where someone rabbled that illegals don't need health care because they can't carry diseases...because they're illegal.

Don't try to understand it. You'll hurt yourself.

[highlight]Personally, I believe that a "war" or anything will ultimately create more of what the war was designed to fight. And a more invidious version of it to boot[/highlight].

I agree. Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind. We need to focus on the opposites of these "wars." i.e. peace, health, abundance etc...
Because we're all in this together...

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteUnless there's zombies.

Zombies=good target practice  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.