Jacketfest 2010

Started by mjkoehler, Oct 27, 2009, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Per Dylan's suggestion, starting the thread for '10. Below is my idea. Certainly if there are better suggestions, bring them on! This is about fun and friendship and bonding over our love of the band (and a great excuse to get together and party).

QuoteOk, so here is my cracked out crazy idea.

Have a Jacketfest/Meet and Great/Soiree/Shindig the weekend that Louisville has their marathon. 2009 apparently was Oct 18. I'm planning on running 2010. A couple others have mentioned they might be in. Certainly anyone up can do it. I plan to make is a long weekend in town anyway so I can take in some good places to eat, meet up with peeps, run, hopefully catch a show if any good ones are then, and certainly partake in consuming my body weight in pie and ice from from this place.

http://www.piekitchen.com/

I think it would be great to have a team of Forum peoples running in a group (certainly homemade silk screen shirts can be employeed). Non runners can certainly cheer the runners on if they want. The rest of the weekend can have drinking, fires, music, general tomfoolery and mayhem.

Thoughts, ideas, comments, concerns? I am by no means a party planner (or a great thinker). Just a guy who wants to run, meet up with some cool ass people, see a fantastic city, eat some great food, and have a blast.