Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Started by talleshortz, Nov 24, 2009, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

The only thing I'm making is my pumpkin ale...if it turned out!!!  I'll know tomorrow!!!  Happy Turkey Day everyone :)

BE SAFE.  NO DRINKING AND DRIVING!

I am saying this partially to talk myself into not doing it...

Cheers!
We could.

mjkoehler

Besides the delicious and JUICY Turkey, apple & sausage stuffing, sweet potatoes, homemade rolls, homemade (and beyond decadent) mashed potatoes, GRAVY (one of my contributions and I make it from a medium roux), green bean casserole, pumpkin cranberry pie (my other contribution), I have the following now chilling waiting for me:

Bells: Two Hearted Ale, Expedition and Kalaamazoo Stoutes, Best Brown Ale, Christmas Ale
Founders Breakfast Stout
Laguantis Cappuccino Stout
Sierra Nevada- Torpedo

It's gonna be a good day!

ALady

Bells: Two Hearted Ale, Expedition and Kalaamazoo Stoutes, Best Brown Ale, Christmas Ale
Founders Breakfast Stout
Laguantis Cappuccino Stout
Sierra Nevada- Torpedo

Now yer talkin', mjk!    ;)

Also, viva la sausage stuffing!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sassbox

Happy Thanksgiving!  Safe travels if you're traveling and full bellies for you all!

We don't do turkey, so I'm preparing a Crown Roast of Pork with Bread and Onion stuffing, Gratin of Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower with Pine Nut topping, Sweet Potato Casserole, Cranberry Sauce layered with cream cheese and pecans and Yeast Rolls.  I might throw some mashed Yukon Golds in for good measure.  :) For dessert?  Apple and Cranberry Galette.

Tonight, I'll be enjoying Stilton and a Brooklyn Chocolate Stout or two.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ms. yvon

your menus all sound fantastic!

have a fantastic weekend everyone!  i'm gonna get a hike in early in the day then settle in for the evening with some friends hosting their annual "for those not travelling" feast and swim.

good travels, all!  [smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

mjkoehler

QuoteHappy Thanksgiving!  Safe travels if you're traveling and full bellies for you all!

We don't do turkey, so I'm preparing a Crown Roast of Pork with Bread and Onion stuffing, Gratin of Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower with Pine Nut topping, Sweet Potato Casserole, Cranberry Sauce layered with cream cheese and pecans and Yeast Rolls.  I might throw some mashed Yukon Golds in for good measure.  :) For dessert?  Apple and Cranberry Galette.

uhhh what's that address? I'll be over immediatly! Mmm Stilton

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteHappy Thanksgiving!  Safe travels if you're traveling and full bellies for you all!

uhhh what's that address? I'll be over immediatly! Mmm Stilton

Seriously.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

the_wizzard

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778JCaw4eZ0&feature=related[/media]
*throwing up the version from 1980....time to get down and celebrate our blessings!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!  My family tossed out the old traditional home-cooked meal years ago (my Mom got tired of cooking multiple dinners to satisfy the omnivores, pescatarians and vegans....bless her soul for doing it for so many years).  We go out to eat, usually in Park City.  But this year my folks are coming out here since me, my husband, and sis are all in Portland.  We get to hang with Murphy (their new chocolate lab pup), take the whole dog pack (5 dogs total) on a hike and then head to Jake's for a fabulous dinner filled with seafood delights and turkey for those who indulge!  Everyone's plans sound delish and fun!  Cheers to you all!

Jbones72

Hope everyone has a happy & safe day!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
:)

TEO

Good to see all of the food offerings and that mjk finally latched onto some Torpedo! Just put some in to chill...Have a GREAT day everyone... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MarkW

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!  Wherever you are, and whoever you're with, I hope you have a good one.

QuoteOh, I'm looking forward to it.  It is my favorite meal my dad cooks.  Authentic Southern Indian....Idlis, Dosas, Sambar, Tomato Chutney, Coconut Chutney...mmmmm

You're making me hungry.  We're off to Kerala on holiday in three weeks, and I'm really looking forward to the food!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Soulshine

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their friends & fam!!!

Dylan, I hope you tweeked that cookie recipe.  ;D
Because we're all in this together...

Ruckus

QuoteHappy Thanksgiving, guys!  Wherever you are, and whoever you're with, I hope you have a good one.

QuoteOh, I'm looking forward to it.  It is my favorite meal my dad cooks.  Authentic Southern Indian....Idlis, Dosas, Sambar, Tomato Chutney, Coconut Chutney...mmmmm

You're making me hungry.  We're off to Kerala on holiday in three weeks, and I'm really looking forward to the food!

Hope you have a great time Mark :)  The food is ALWAYS good, just not as good as my dad's. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head