Happy Repeal Day!

Started by KY_Kid, Dec 05, 2009, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteWhen I was in High School and working at a grocery store, Nebraska sold NO alcohol before noon, and after 12 it was only beer and wine.
Meant on Sunday's.

That's how it is in Louisville, you can't buy any alcohol from 4am till noon on Sunday.  You can't buy alcohol on election day either (is that all over the country).
Up until this past year, I NEEDED to drink on election day. You can buy on election day in my area of Illinois.

el_chode

QuoteI truly did not understand the PA liquor laws when I was in Philly earlier this year.  I mean sheesh...you can't pick up a six pack to tailgate with on a Saturday?!   ;D

That's because Philly fans are passionate and like to hammer people with bottles.
I'm surrounded by assholes

jones

All of these 'laws' are really goofy.  The KY county that I live in is only partially dry (the town I live in sells beer/liquor), we can't buy on Sundays at all.  Meanwhile, I can drive 15 minutes and cross into IL and buy on Sunday for Sunday prices.  I think that I could drive 5 minutes in any direction on any day and find a Meth lab.

ALady

QuoteI truly did not understand the PA liquor laws when I was in Philly earlier this year.  I mean sheesh...you can't pick up a six pack to tailgate with on a Saturday?!   ;D

That's because Philly fans are passionate and like to hammer people with bottles.

But you can buy cases.  That makes no sense, unless the liquor laws are written to ensure that PA drinkers have lots of "ammo"   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

But you can buy cases.  That makes no sense, unless the liquor laws are written to ensure that PA drinkers have lots of "ammo"   ;D

I don't get why you couldn't get a six pack on a Saturday. I can get a six pack on a saturday.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ALady

But not at a grocery store, and not at the distributor they sent us to (couldn't buy anything less than a case).  We had to buy one from a bar eventually, and it was $$$.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires