The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

aMillionDreams

QuoteSo I just got back from a sports trivia night hosted by the big sports radio station here and took it down.

My prize, a signed football by none other than the incomparable Joe Flacco! 8-)

Good work.  It's nice having a knowledgeable sports fan around here.
Is this another one of your back handed comments? ::)

I swear almost everyone on this board is passive aggressive.

Geez, I can't even give a guy a compliment without hurting your feelings.  It's okay, you're smart too.  Maybe after this I'll take ya to Dairy Queen and buy ya an ice cream cone.  How's that sound, buddy?

For someone who seems to pride himself on being offensive, you are offended very easily.    
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

DeAngelo Hall doesnt like his Madden rating and wants himself pulled from the game  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://humorslaysme.blogspot.com/2009/06/deangelo-hall-drops-25-points.html
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

QuoteSo I just got back from a sports trivia night hosted by the big sports radio station here and took it down.

My prize, a signed football by none other than the incomparable Joe Flacco! 8-)

Good work.  It's nice having a knowledgeable sports fan around here.
Is this another one of your back handed comments? ::)

I swear almost everyone on this board is passive aggressive.

Geez, I can't even give a guy a compliment without hurting your feelings.  It's okay, you're smart too.  Maybe after this I'll take ya to Dairy Queen and buy ya an ice cream cone.  How's that sound, buddy?

For someone who seems to pride himself on being offensive, you are offended very easily.    
First off: I'm not offended I could care less what you say mate.
Secondly: You're not even man enough to admit it's a backhanded comment, hence me calling you out on being passive aggressive. It seemed like it was, and if you say it isn't I'll take your word for it.

But I really don't give a rats ass either way.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

QuoteDeAngelo Hall doesnt like his Madden rating and wants himself pulled from the game  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

63 is a pretty big insult.

MickeyReds

QuoteDeAngelo Hall doesnt like his Madden rating and wants himself pulled from the game  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tell him to stop sucking so bad!
As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

Its 68  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Its 68  ;)
That's still rough. You can find better player on the free agent list../..

capt. scotty

Its 68  ;)
That's still rough. You can find better player on the free agent list../..

Have him do the ball swat drill in the offseason and hell be up to 71 by the start of the season  ;D

capt. scotty

capt. scotty

So Id like anyone who was in the MMJ fantasy league last year, or other people who have played fantasy in this format to chime in on this.

Last year starter positions: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex, TE, K, LB, DB, LB/DL flex

In my fairly big money league with my friends, were almost certainly changing our starting positions by adding a position. I first proposed adding a RB/WR flex (so we would have 2 flexes) and basically everyone was for it, but now my one buddy is saying he doesnt like it and wants us to keep it to 1 flex but increase it to 3 WR's.

He says he wants this because he feels having 2 RB/WR overvalues RB's and makes it a RB heavy league, while also undervaluing WR's. My stance on it is it doesnt really affect that, as you should draft BPA whenever youre drafting anyway, and more than likely because of how many starting caliber RB's there are, each team will likely start 3 RB's and 3 WR's anyway because it just comes down to talent level and numbers at each position. Also, having 2 flexes just plays to each team's strength so if you having 4 RB's worthy of starting, you can do that. In addition, just now I thought how when you get to that level of player (3rd/4th RB or WR), youre generally starting based on matchup anyway so I think thats another argument for it to just be a flex.

Today it was also brought up to make the 2nd flex RB/WR/TE, although I think thats almost a moot point compared to what I just discussed since I doubt most teams will even have 2 TE's rostered let alone starting.

I remember us having a pretty lengthy discussion last year about whether we should have 1 or 2 flexes, so just wanted to see what yinz thought since we had it last year and if you liked it or not - and I guess if you think its better than 3 WR's and 1 flex. Im pretty sure I was against it before a final decision was made, but I liked it once the season started despite my being stupid and going the 4 WR route and getting owned last year  ;D

.Walt

Last year was the year of the wideout...or so I thought.

If I were in your league, I'd want another Flex or keep as is. Why fuck with tradition? We're in the works of scheduling our money league draft. I guess we're getting pretty serious this year. We're getting a pretty sweet trophy. All the past winners of the last 9 years will be engraved on it. I will not be one of them.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteLast year was the year of the wideout...or so I thought.

If I were in your league, I'd want another Flex or keep as is. Why fuck with tradition? We're in the works of scheduling our money league draft. I guess we're getting pretty serious this year. We're getting a pretty sweet trophy. All the past winners of the last 9 years will be engraved on it. I will not be one of them.  [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Well this is only the 2nd year my one friend has been commish (he's that guy who knew nothing but Steelers and played fantasy football for the first time in 2007. Now he actually knows football and I can talk NFL as opposed to just Steelers with him  ;D). A few friends in the league Ive been playing fantasy football with for years, but this league doesnt really have any tradition since its only 1 year old.

No champ wins for you in 9 years?? Bummer. Dont know if its keeper or not, but 1 reason Im glad I dont do keeper is because I think its hard to turn things around if youre a bottomfeeder (plus I like totally new rosters each year. the draft is half the fun). Im pretty sure I finished in 9th and either you or True finished behind me. Was it you?  ;D

So did you like how the MMJ league starting positions were then last year?? because we had 2 flexes.

I also propose we switch from defensive teams to defensive players. Takes more knowledge, and less luck is involved. Once I went IDP, I cant stand team D anymore.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteLast year was the year of the wideout...or so I thought.

Well this is only the 2nd year my one friend has been commish (he's that guy who knew nothing but Steelers and played fantasy football for the first time in 2007. Now he actually knows football and I can talk NFL as opposed to just Steelers with him  ;D). A few friends in the league Ive been playing fantasy football with for years, but this league doesnt really have any tradition since its only 1 year old.

No champ wins for you in 9 years?? Bummer. Dont know if its keeper or not, but 1 reason Im glad I dont do keeper is because I think its hard to turn things around if youre a bottomfeeder (plus I like totally new rosters each year. the draft is half the fun). Im pretty sure I finished in 9th and either you or True finished behind me. Was it you?  ;D

So did you like how the MMJ league starting positions were then last year?? because we had 2 flexes.

I also propose we switch from defensive teams to defensive players. Takes more knowledge, and less luck is involved. Once I went IDP, I cant stand team D anymore.

This upcoming season will be only my third year playing so i don't really have a preference yet for how its set up. I do think 12 teams was too much. I know there's a lot of people that don't come around anymore, so it would be nice if we could do ten again.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

I say we keep it as it is.  I'm down with 10 or 12.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteI say we keep it as it is.  I'm down with 10 or 12.

Let me know if you guys got room
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Id say almost half the league was people who very rarely come around here anymore, if at all, and have <100 posts. Maybe some will come back around for it, but Id expect there to be space.

Id say just sign up anyway when Corey starts it up in the next month.

.Walt

Id say almost half the league was people who very rarely come around here anymore, if at all, and have <100 posts. Maybe some will come back around for it, but Id expect there to be space.

Well, K's out. So there you go. I could make the league, and PM the returning people the site before we hold public auditions. I like 10, but if we do 12 again, let's have more teams make the playoffs. It would get rid of the first round bye, and keep more teams in it.  We'll more than likely do 12 again.

capt. scotty

Well, K's out. So there you go. I could make the league, and PM the returning people the site before we hold public auditions. I like 10, but if we do 12 again, let's have more teams make the playoffs. It would get rid of the first round bye, and keep more teams in it.

Shit, I totally forgot about only 4 teams making the playoffs but I think basically everyone agreed we should increase the teams making the playoffs to 6 (regardless if its 10 or 12). You'd still have the 1st round bye, but I think the top 2 teams should get that anyway.

Id probably rather have 10 since we have more starters than most leagues, but Im fine with 12.

Fine by me if you just start one up on yahoo, although it might be easier for Corey to since he probably has all the scoring settings, etc. in the system (Ive never commished a league though, so maybe thats not the case). Id rather start it up and get the 10 or 12 sooner rather than later so as to be able to figure out a draft time that works for everyone.

.Walt

Remember the first go around, I started it. Am I tooting my horn?, fucking right!  ;)

But it won't be a problem, because it gives you the option to use past league settings. We'll end up going with 12, and then I'd like 8 teams making the playoffs. More the merry. 1 vs 8 is pretty much a bye any old way.