The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteWHO DEY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Who still got 6 super bowl rings? We'll win when Bengals come to Pittsburgh.

Yeah, I was disappointed at first, but then I remembered we're Super Bowl Champs and the Bungals havent beat us in their own house in 8 years, so it was about time their fans didnt have to walk out of their own stadium getting jeered by Steeler fans after a loss.

What happened to Limas Sweed though? UGH!...dude needs to take some catching enhacement drugs, its worth it even if he gets caught
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteThe Tampa Bay Bucs Offense had 86 total yards....for the entire f%#king game ;D ;D ;D really. can you believe that...

And ZERO 1st downs!  :D

When I heard that, I just thought, WTF did NYG play, found out it was the Bucs, and just thought "oh"
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

Pats beat Falcs--can't really get too excited about this W but it helps  :-/

WHAT happened to the Steelas????????
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

capt. scotty

QuotePats beat Falcs--can't really get too excited about this W but it helps  :-/

ATL is pretty good if you havent checked recently.

I was mostly surprised NE held them to 10 points

corey

Yeah, I figure the Falcons will make the playoffs again this year. Don't know how far they'll make it, but they'll at least get there.

Have I mentioned that the Titans are killing me yet? :'(

ManNamedTruth

We're not playing that badly but we're just not getting the big plays when we need them. For example: Limas Sweed dropping an easy touchdown reception, not getting big turnovers from our defense (Troy being out is one of the reasons). We haven't had a turnover since week one (i think) and Ben has about 4 picks (one went for 6 at a crucial moment yesterday). We're not getting enough pressure on opposing QB's with our great linebackers. Even though we're missing Troy Polamalu, a lot of times turnovers happen when a quarterback is pressured into making a bad decision with our great pass rush. As long as Troy comes back, defense plays more desperate, and Mike Wallace plays more than Limas Sweed, then I think we'll be alright. I'm still thinking playoffs, but if Baltimore continues the way they're been playing then we may have to settle for a wild card.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

...or you just got beat by a better team.  8-)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

bear sin rug

I can deal with calling the "We won a ring last year " card, but I bet most of us weren't even alive when the Steelers won the first 4.
It's a bad idea

ManNamedTruth

Quote...or you just got beat by a better team.  8-)

You talk shit too soon, we'll see about that November 15.

ManNamedTruth

I can deal with calling the "We won a ring last year " card, but I bet most of us weren't even alive when the Steelers won the first 4.

Non-Steeler fans just don't know what it means to be a Steeler fan. We're very proud/knowledgeable of the 70's teams. The Steelers organization is always celebrating its past and inviting former Steelers to various events.

.Walt

So the undefeated season continues! One win at a time. Next up the rival.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Non-Steeler fans just don't know what it means to be a Steeler fan. We're very proud/knowledgeable of the 70's teams. The Steelers organization is always celebrating its past and inviting former Steelers to various events.

While I'm sure this is "True" to some extent, I hate to say that I have met a plethora of Steelers fans that don't know shit about their history and can't tell the difference between Chuck Knox and Chuck Knoll or between Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell. ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

bear sin rug

It's a bad idea

AMightyCaporal

0-3 plus Pennington is hurt  :'( :'( :'(
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

We're not playing that badly but we're just not getting the big plays when we need them. For example: Limas Sweed dropping an easy touchdown reception, not getting big turnovers from our defense (Troy being out is one of the reasons). We haven't had a turnover since week one (i think) and Ben has about 4 picks (one went for 6 at a crucial moment yesterday). We're not getting enough pressure on opposing QB's with our great linebackers. Even though we're missing Troy Polamalu, a lot of times turnovers happen when a quarterback is pressured into making a bad decision with our great pass rush. As long as Troy comes back, defense plays more desperate, and Mike Wallace plays more than Limas Sweed, then I think we'll be alright. I'm still thinking playoffs, but if Baltimore continues the way they're been playing then we may have to settle for a wild card.

I dont know if we just arent blitzing as much to make up for Troy being out or what, but the pressure definitely hasnt been very consistent.

I've pretty much thrown out winning the division, but our schedule has what is just about as close as 6-7 gimme wins, so if we just win a couple of the games like this week vs. SD, we'll still end up 10-6 or so and should make the playoffs.

I dont think Baltimore has really been tested yet though, so I would like to see how their offense looks against a better squad. Theyre a playoff team, no doubt, but Im just not sure how good they are.

capt. scotty

When the bungals win at home for the first time in 8 years vs the Steelers, you kind of need to get as much out of it as possible if youre a bungals fan.

capt. scotty

Quote0-3 plus Pennington is hurt  :'( :'( :'(

If I was a Dolphin fan, Id kind of want to see what I have in Chad Henne though. Its not like Pennington is going to take you to the promised land.

Not like either has many options to throw to though

capt. scotty

While I'm sure this is "True" to some extent, I hate to say that I have met a plethora of Steelers fans that don't know shit about their history and can't tell the difference between Chuck Knox and Chuck Knoll or between Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell. ;)

And other teams dont have fans that dont know shit?

Hmm... ::)

capt. scotty

QuoteYeah, I figure the Falcons will make the playoffs again this year. Don't know how far they'll make it, but they'll at least get there.

Have I mentioned that the Titans are killing me yet? :'(

Hard to believe that they started out 10-0 last year, and are now 3-7 in their last 10.

When's the Vince Young era V2.0 going to start? Id want him in now or have Collins on a short leash if I was you.

aMillionDreams

When the bungals win at home for the first time in 8 years vs the Steelers, you kind of need to get as much out of it as possible if youre a bungals fan.

How's your "my favorite team is going to have a great year" prediction going for you so far?  Any more predictions Mr. Expert?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]