The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quotelol- That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say about a football team. Is that all ya got, or would you like to make an actual point with, like, facts and stuff?

I think the win to hang your hat on is the NE one.  Yes, the Cinci win was a fluke and I'm not sure what the clownin Dallas secondary was doing letting BM prance into the endzone.  Beating a banged up and highly overrated Chargers team with 2 kick returns does not represent a dominant team.

So, I also believe that the Broncos are one of the worst 6-0 teams I've ever seen but they do seem to be getting better which is the big thing.

In the NFL, their are teams that you KNOW are good, then those like the Titans from last year who were good, but not 13-3 good.  

Thank. You. Ruckus.

I said this when they were 4-0 and hadnt even played the Patsies yet, and a few people here acted like I was crazy. I definitely think theyve gotten better, but Im not sure they have the type of offense that they can win a lot of games from behind. That remains to be seen, but if their D stays among the elite, that might not be an issue. B-Dawkins clearly seems to be 1 of the best offseason moves thus far.

And I agree with you, the NE win is still their only impressive one for me, albeit that is a huge one at that.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bear sin rug

Quote Beating a banged up and highly overrated Chargers team with 2 kick returns does not represent a dominant team.

Still the disbelievers.

I find it asinine that football "fans" are so quick to dismiss kick returns and defensive TD's. SD had a kick return for a TD, too. The Steelers don't win the SB last year without a defensive TD. The Bears don't win against the Colts WITH Orton (as you supposed) if Hester doesn't take the opening KICK back for a TD. In fact, I'd say the Bears don't make the SB that year without Hester's returns. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the point.

No one has said the Broncos are the best or most dominant team in the NFL.  It's just very exciting as a Broncos fan to see them in this position after the off-season turmoil. Saying they're the worst 6-0 team ever is silly.  ::)
It's a bad idea

AMightyCaporal

Quote Beating a banged up and highly overrated Chargers team with 2 kick returns does not represent a dominant team.

Still the disbelievers.

I find it asinine that football "fans" are so quick to dismiss kick returns and defensive TD's. SD had a kick return for a TD, too. The Steelers don't win the SB last year without a defensive TD. The Bears don't win against the Colts WITH Orton (as you supposed) if Hester doesn't take the opening KICK back for a TD. In fact, I'd say the Bears don't make the SB that year without Hester's returns. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the point.

No one has said the Broncos are the best or most dominant team in the NFL.  It's just very exciting as a Broncos fan to see them in this position after the off-season turmoil. Saying they're the worst 6-0 team ever is silly.  ::)

don't let the haters bring you down! Fight the man! Keep supporting your broncos- a win is a win.  people will always make excuses for a team winning games (if its not their own)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

Still the disbelievers.

If you had come out after 3 games and said the Jets are the worst 3-0 team in football, my panties wouldn't be all in a bunch.  What's up with the fans in quotes?  

It's not silly.  I said one of the worst I've ever seen.  It's your typical yearly football debate.  It's a talking point.  It's only silly to you because the Broncos are your team.  Of course the game is settled on the field.  Jeebus.  We say this in all aspects of sports such as the least deserving team to make the playoffs.  
So I propose an Avatar bet BSR.  Ravens beat the Broncos straight up after the bye week.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

bear sin rug

Still the disbelievers.

If you had come out after 3 games and said the Jets are the worst 3-0 team in football, my panties wouldn't be all in a bunch.  What's up with the fans in quotes?  

It's not silly.  I said one of the worst I've ever seen.  It's your typical yearly football debate.  It's a talking point.  It's only silly to you because the Broncos are your team.  Of course the game is settled on the field.  Jeebus.  We say this in all aspects of sports such as the least deserving team to make the playoffs.  
So I propose an Avatar bet BSR.  Ravens beat the Broncos straight up after the bye week.

nah, not interested.

I can say that the Ravens were the worst team to ever win a Super Bowl and the Dolphins were the worst undefeated team going into a Super Bowl.  ;)

The "fans" is for those who compartmetalize success by saying only a potent offense counts. i.e. A kick return means less than an 80 yard swing pass; a defensive TD means less than a 83 yard drive. A fluke play means less, in spite of the fact the team is within a TD to win at the end. I am a fan of the whole game.

You have to admit, though, when someone says you're team is one of the worst 4-0 teams ever, that leaves the gate wide open for sarcasm when that team gets to 6-0.  :)

Maybe they weren't the worst 4-0 team ever.....or the worst 6-0 team ever.... hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ::)

It's a bad idea

bear sin rug

oh, and finally, Eli Manning was the worst QB ever to have these stats in a Week 3 win:

20 Comp 34 Att  292 yds  3 TD 1 Int
It's a bad idea

Ruckus

Still the disbelievers.

nah, not interested.

I can say that the Ravens were the worst team to ever win a Super Bowl and the Dolphins were the worst undefeated team going into a Super Bowl.  ;)

The "fans" is for those who compartmetalize success by saying only a potent offense counts. i.e. A kick return means less than an 80 yard swing pass; a defensive TD means less than a 83 yard drive. A fluke play means less, in spite of the fact the team is within a TD to win at the end. I am a fan of the whole game.

You have to admit, though, when someone says you're team is one of the worst 4-0 teams ever, that leaves the gate wide open for sarcasm when that team gets to 6-0.  :)

Maybe they weren't the worst 4-0 team ever.....or the worst 6-0 team ever.... hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm  ::)

See, now this is polite discourse.  We've given you more ammo to enjoy your success at the expense us naysayers.  That makes it that much more pleasurable right?

The bet was just a feeler to see how much faith you had in the "NOT" worst 6-0 football team. ;)

Gregg Williams, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan - What jobs they have done with their D's this year.  Each year it is confounding to no end, the singular impact a new coach has on its team.

bear sin rug

The bet was just a feeler to see how much faith you had in the "NOT" worst 6-0 football team. ;)

sorry, I have never bet on football (or sports) in any way, shape or fashion, and I never will.
It's a bad idea

AMightyCaporal

Quoteand the Dolphins were the worst undefeated team going into a Super Bowl.  ;)

thats my team yo  :'(
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

Quoteoh, and finally, Eli Manning was the worst QB ever to have these stats in a Week 3 win:

20 Comp 34 Att  292 yds  3 TD 1 Int

WTH is this supposed to mean?

MMJ_fanatic

The NFL can kiss my ass--won't be on my TV this season.  They screw Limbaugh and baby thugs and criminals who play?  F that where does it end if we're going down that road! >:(
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

aMillionDreams

QuoteThe NFL can kiss my ass--won't be on my TV this season.  They screw Limbaugh and baby thugs and criminals who play?  F that where does it end if we're going down that road! >:(

Shouldn't you be on top of some clocktower right now?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Markus E. Realeus

>>> Beating a banged up and highly overrated Chargers team with 2 kick returns does not represent a dominant team.

K- I'm new to the board and haven't gotten completely up to date on how everything works- but the above quote seems to be attributed to me- and I DID NOT post it.
Ok- just wanted to clear that up.

As per the Broncos: the opinion that the Broncos are "one if the worst 6-0 teams ever" is total garbage. Just look at the Broncos rankings this year and its pretty easy to dissprove that.
The Broncos are doing very, very well actually.
The haters will always hate, so whateva.
The truth is, the Broncos have beaten the Cowboys, Pats, and Chargers.
All those teams, BTW, have been picked to win the superbowl this year, by various pundits and alleged "experts".
You know its true, so don't even hate.
The fact is, that win on Monday night all but sealed the division for the Broncos, and they WILL be making the playoffs this year.
And when they do, look out...
"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

Ruckus

No hate, just an honest opinion from a dedicated sports fan.  Perhaps you are willing to take on an avatar bet straight up after the bye week.  I like the Ravens straight up.  How bout it Broncos fans?  You can't be all talk right? ;)

Ruckus

Quote>>> Beating a banged up and highly overrated Chargers team with 2 kick returns does not represent a dominant team.

K- I'm new to the board and haven't gotten completely up to date on how everything works- but the above quote seems to be attributed to me- and I DID NOT post it.
Ok- just wanted to clear that up.

As per the Broncos: the opinion that the Broncos are "one if the worst 6-0 teams ever" is total garbage. Just look at the Broncos rankings this year and its pretty easy to dissprove that.
The Broncos are doing very, very well actually.
The haters will always hate, so whateva.
The truth is, the Broncos have beaten the Cowboys, Pats, and Chargers.
All those teams, BTW, have been picked to win the superbowl this year, by various pundits and alleged "experts".
You know its true, so don't even hate.
The fact is, that win on Monday night all but sealed the division for the Broncos, and they WILL be making the playoffs this year.
And when they do, look out...

C'mon now.  Anyone who actually believed that the Chargers and Cowboys were preseason Super Bowl contenders are silly.  Now I do believe the Pats are a legitimate contender.

I agree that the Broncos all but clinched with that win but we must remember last year.  Besides, Richard Seymour just guaranteed the playoffs for the Raiders and I have trouble imagining a Wild Card coming from the west so I guess they might run the table and take your division ;D

Markus E. Realeus

Gotta feel bad for Seymour, poor dude went from a top-class org. to one of the worst in the leauge...or, maybe ever.
The Raiders are such a joke, we don't even consider them to be legit rivals anymore.
As far as the Cowboys and Chargers go-  they weren't my superbowl picks, but both teams have enjoyed a lot of press and huge expectations over the last several seasons (and delivered, absoluetely NADA!!) Go back and check some of the ESPN pundits picks before this season, and you will find both teams were in fact picked to win it this year, by one genius or another.

"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

bear sin rug

QuoteThe NFL can kiss my ass--won't be on my TV this season.  They screw Limbaugh and baby thugs and criminals who play?  F that where does it end if we're going down that road! >:(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

QuoteGotta feel bad for Seymour, poor dude went from a top-class org. to one of the worst in the leauge...or, maybe ever.
The Raiders are such a joke, we don't even consider them to be legit rivals anymore.
As far as the Cowboys and Chargers go-  they weren't my superbowl picks, but both teams have enjoyed a lot of press and huge expectations over the last several seasons (and delivered, absoluetely NADA!!) Go back and check some of the ESPN pundits picks before this season, and you will find both teams were in fact picked to win it this year, by one genius or another.

Who cares where people picked Dallas and SD preseason?! Denver was probably supposed to go 4-12 or something preseason, does that mean theyre a bad loss for all the teams they beat so far?

Chargers arent terrible simply because of Rivers and their passing game, but if you can contain that I dont see how you lose against them. They havent rushed for 100 yards yet this year, although maybe a healthy LT turns that around.

Dallas is just a joke. More talent, less production than probably any team in the NFL. I wouldnt be surprised if Wade gets fired before the season is over.

The Raiders almost beat SD. Despite getting blown out in their 3 other losses I believe, they arent far off from 3-3. I actually think theyre better than 4 or so teams when Jamarcus throws less than 3 INTs a game  ;D

...and even before seeing how we look vs. Minnesota, Id also like one of you Denver fans to step up to the plate and take an avatar bet for you team vs. the Steelers

MMJ_fanatic

Yeah yeah hahaha you so clever.  Bet you wouldn't be so glib if Keith Olberman got shut out of an NFL deal.  I'm not surprised that someone like you would happily ignore the central premise of this issue.  I could take or leave Rush really.  Here in America everyone used to be able to do business equally, regardless of political tendency.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.