The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markus E. Realeus

>>>Who cares where people picked Dallas and SD preseason?! Denver was probably supposed to go 4-12 or something preseason, does that mean theyre a bad loss for all the teams they beat so far?

I think my point is pretty obvious. What I'm saying is: anyone who is dismissing the Broncos wins, saying they "haven't played anyone", is wrong. The Broncos have played, and beaten, some good football teams, including, of course, the Pats.
And yeah, the Broncos were picked to win like 4 or 5 games this year, but remain, at least for another week, unbeaten.
You wish your favorite team was unbeaten too, don't ya?
"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

bear sin rug

QuoteThe NFL can kiss my ass--won't be on my TV this season.  They screw Limbaugh and baby thugs and criminals who play?  F that where does it end if we're going down that road! >:(

Bill Hicks had an interesting take on Rush. This is NOT SAFE FOR WORK

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg2_MntkMzg[/media]
It's a bad idea

TheBigChicken

Minn vs Pitt is on the tube here tomorrow ...but so is Tampa and New England :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMinn vs Pitt is on the tube here tomorrow ...but so is Tampa and New England :-/

Pittsburgh vs Minn should be a close game. New England will most likely destroy Tampa. Hope that helps.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

QuoteThe NFL can kiss my ass--won't be on my TV this season.  They screw Limbaugh and baby thugs and criminals who play?  F that where does it end if we're going down that road! >:(

Shouldn't you be on top of some clocktower right now?

Yeah yeah hahaha you so clever.  Bet you wouldn't be so glib if Keith Olberman got shut out of an NFL deal.  I'm not surprised that someone like you would happily ignore the central premise of this issue.  I could take or leave Rush really.  Here is America everyone used to be able to do business equally, regardless of political tendency.

Citation needed after you fix the grammar. When in American history was "everyone used to be able to do business equally, regardless of political tendency". Ever heard of the McCarthy trails? That was the 50s, the time period most delusional extremist right-wingers like yourself point to as the golden age of this country. Before rock n roll and desegregation loosened our morals, right?

And, btw, was the central premise of your argument that you're a racist?  Because I can agree with that.  And I agree with the central premise of your last post as well: I am very clever.  

Back to football, I got a ticket for today's Bengals v Bears game! WHO DEY!?!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

bear sin rug

And another thing, the NFL did not stop rush from buying the Rams. His partners in the deal dropped him. Do you understand that? rush's business partners kicked him to the curb; the NFL didn't do anything to rush limbaugh. Now, the NFL Player's Association  had some "comments" about limbaugh, but last I heard there is something called freedom of speech in our country. But, the NFL did not block rush from buying the Rams, his business partners dumped him.

Face it, America is getting tired of the racist hate speech that comes from the right.

Get you "story" straight.
It's a bad idea

bear sin rug

Cool game today, the Vikings at Pittsburgh. You don't see that match-up a lot.

Big game for the steelers today; we'll have a better idea of who they are. The combined record for the teams they have beaten so far this year is 4-19; they have yet to beat a team with a winning record. It's a much bigger game for them than the Vikes, plus isn't time for Favres collapse?  :-?

It's a bad idea

corey

I can't decide who I am rooting for in the Bengals/Bears game. Should be a fun one to watch. I have lots of fantasy players on both teams in all of my leagues.   8-)

capt. scotty

QuoteCool game today, the Vikings at Pittsburgh. You don't see that match-up a lot.

Big game for the steelers today; we'll have a better idea of who they are. The combined record for the teams they have beaten so far this year is 4-19; they have yet to beat a team with a winning record. It's a much bigger game for them than the Vikes, plus isn't time for Favres collapse?  :-?

If the Vics win, theyll win because of their pass rush and All Day...I dont see Farve having all that good of a game, although if AD has a big game, that could change.

I think their pass D is too suspect, and Winfield is 1 of the best corners in the league and isnt playing. I think well throw all over them as long as the OL gives Roeth time consistently

I agree its a bigger game for us
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteI can't decide who I am rooting for in the Bengals/Bears game. Should be a fun one to watch. I have lots of fantasy players on both teams in all of my leagues.   8-)

Im mostly interested in seeing what Benson does after all that talk this week about him thinking da Bears tried to sabotage his return to the NFL with another team
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MMJ_fanatic

And another thing, the NFL did not stop rush from buying the Rams. His partners in the deal dropped him. Do you understand that? rush's business partners kicked him to the curb; the NFL didn't do anything to rush limbaugh. Now, the NFL Player's Association  had some "comments" about limbaugh, but last I heard there is something called freedom of speech in our country. But, the NFL did not block rush from buying the Rams, his business partners dumped him.

Face it, America is getting tired of the racist hate speech that comes from the right.

Yeah an just why do think that happened?  Pressure form outside!  YOU get the story straight.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

Shouldn't you be on top of some clocktower right now?

Yeah yeah hahaha you so clever.  Bet you wouldn't be so glib if Keith Olberman got shut out of an NFL deal.  I'm not surprised that someone like you would happily ignore the central premise of this issue.  I could take or leave Rush really.  Here is America everyone used to be able to do business equally, regardless of political tendency.

Citation needed after you fix the grammar. When in American history was "everyone used to be able to do business equally, regardless of political tendency". Ever heard of the McCarthy trails? That was the 50s, the time period most delusional extremist right-wingers like yourself point to as the golden age of this country. Before rock n roll and desegregation loosened our morals, right?

And, btw, was the central premise of your argument that you're a racist?  Because I can agree with that.  And I agree with the central premise of your last post as well: I am very clever.  

Back to football, I got a ticket for today's Bengals v Bears game! WHO DEY!?!

I fixed the ONE letter teach--do I get a gold star now???  On second thought I don't need any recognition from you.
Typical lib BS pulling McCarthy out of your ass to compare with this current day situation.  In case you forgot, at that time in US history we were hip deep in the cold war with communist USSR and we had dumbass democrats placing communists in political positions they had no business holding.  So basically you pov holds no water here.  We've successfully deconstructed commie Russia--thanks to our greatest Prez Ronald Reagan--and moved on to more or less functional relations with that geographic area.  
LASTLY nice try to slip in the typical lib ad hominem of "racist!"  The central premise was all about equal opportunity to conduct business in America.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

bear sin rug

Yeah an just why do think that happened?  Pressure form outside!  YOU get the story straight.

You claim the NFL screwed rush; rush screwed himself. I am pretty sure the NFL would not have stopped the deal, it's just that rush has caused so much hate and division that his partners felt he would be baggage they didn't want. rush reaps what he sows, which is division and exclusion. You don't agree with the "pressure" his partners felt? Tough shit.

You know, it's not illegal to dennounce loud-mouth, racist radio show hosts  :-*
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

What a game, lived up to the expectations. Thought Mendenhall looked damn good until that fumble on the 5 yard line, he needs to fix that problem. Sidney Rice looked to me like a WR who is approaching pro bowl caliber status. Half his catches were either great grabs or showing his improvement experience by finding open areas and helping out Favre. He had a 15-20yd TD called back from a penalty too. Looks like he's 5th in yards and 11th (8th for WRs) in catches now this year. Dudes got skills.

Glad I got to watch this game though, because it looks like every other game besides NO/Miami and HOU/SF were absolute blowouts. Its pretty much 1/3 of the league sucks this year and as long as you dont basically give them the game, you got a win.

corey

QuoteIm mostly interested in seeing what Benson does after all that talk this week about him thinking da Bears tried to sabotage his return to the NFL with another team

;D ;D ;D

He got sweet revenge with a career high in yards for the game. He was on fucking fire.
Bears defense is in bad shape. Injuries are killing them.

capt. scotty

QuoteIm mostly interested in seeing what Benson does after all that talk this week about him thinking da Bears tried to sabotage his return to the NFL with another team

;D ;D ;D

He got sweet revenge with a career high in yards for the game. He was on fucking fire.
Bears defense is in bad shape. Injuries are killing them.

Not that I saw every Bears game when he was there, but I saw nothing out of him in CHI. I realize a big part of the reason they cut him was the off the field stuff, but clearly they didnt think he had the talent worth keeping otherwise you would think they wouldve given him another year or 2.

I dont know if it was attitude stuff there, being lazy, or just needing more time to get accustomed to the speed difference in the NFL, but he looks like a totally different RB this year.

I cant believe the season Ricky Williams is having either  :o

corey

I have Williams on 2 different fantasy leagues. Had him on the bench in one league, but he was in the game on another team. Thank goodness. I also have Benson and OchoCinco too.  Big day for all of those guys!

aMillionDreams

Headdy, you're not counting that win as a quality win, are you? You know, since you needed 2 defensive TDs to win (your rationale, not mine).

Wow, that was a fun game! The Bengals dominated every aspect from the opening kickoff. Great stuff. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric! We've got our two biggest games of the season after the bye.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

fucking dolphins... they had it- I'm so pissed!  They better beat the shit out of the jets next week!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

bear sin rug

:o :o :o

and Gay should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for kicking or tripping or whatever he was trying to do to stop Peterson while on his ass

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_62tLlpZU[/media]
It's a bad idea