The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

Still playing expert, huh, Headdy? You're not a fast learner are you?

Walt's team is in first and beat your team two weeks ago, so I don't where you think you get off talking trash about his strategy. The fact that you're in fifth and he is in first proves that his strategy is better than yours.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Last time I checked, the season aint over....and ending up #1 in the regular season hardly equates to winning it all in the playoffs - which is what matters.

..and I didnt realize that the whole reason he's in 1st is because of Demarcus Ware  ;D

Good job so far though, Walt  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

I ended up trading for Witten. I never start Driver, so I think I got some value for him, plus I needed a TE.

Thanks for the big ups fellas, but I don't think my team is a lock for anything yet. I'd like a first round bye.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Just got done doing a blockbuster...

I get:
Turner
Colston
Bowe
Matt Ryan
Scobee
Ward

I gave:
J. Stewert
Steve Smith
Reggie Bush
Miles Austin
Jets D
Jay Culter

capt. scotty

Wow dude, you robbed him. I dont even care which Steve Smith that is, because you got the hands down best RB of the trade, you got the hands down best WR of the trade, and I think Ryan and Cutler are comparable. Even if this is a dynasty league, it doesnt make sense since all the guys you got are young too.

Im assuming thats Derrick Ward..if its Hines, even better

Not sure what the other guy was thinking  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I have a trade on table right now in my $$ league.

I offered DeSean Jax, Knowshon, and TJ Housh for Randy Moss and Brandon Jacobs.

The guy put Moss on the trading block, figured Id throw him an offer. Its been on the table 2-3 days now and he hasnt made a decision yet.

aMillionDreams

QuoteJust got done doing a blockbuster...

I get:
Turner
Colston
Bowe
Matt Ryan
Scobee
Ward

I gave:
J. Stewert
Steve Smith
Reggie Bush
Miles Austin
Jets D
Jay Culter

Wow, Walt. That is a blockbuster. And, I agree, I think you got the best deal. The QBs are a push, Team DEFs are all overrated, and you got the best out of the RBs and WRs which are what win championships. Were these deals both in the same league? If so you basically have a whole new team. Did you hang on to anyone?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

My starting roster is going to be...

Tom Brady
Kevin Smith
Micheal Turner
Wes Welker
Randy Moss
Marques Colston
Jason Witten
Stephen Gostkowski
Packers

I still have Jamaal Charles and Laurence Maroney on the bench.

Only problem is that I have a 3-4 record and tied for last in my division. We have a cap on pick-ups (10), and I've used them all. I won't be able to start 2 WR's this week. I'll be 3-5 and last in the division.  

capt. scotty

dont you have MJD too?

TEO

QuoteCOLTS! 15 game winning streak is 5th best in league history... :)

COLTS! 16 REGULAR SEASON game winning streak is 3rd best in league history. NE had 21 at one point.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bear sin rug

It's a bad idea

.Walt

Quoteuh-oh   :-/

7-1 isn't so bad.

capt. scotty

Now youre 1 of the worst 6-1 teams Ive ever seen  ;)

Soon to be 6-2  8-)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jldjj45fHWY[/media]

capt. scotty

7-1 isn't so bad.

Farve looked great, but Percy Harvin is the fucking man. I might favor them over the Saints or Philly because of the field position advantage the Vikes should have against any opponent. Hard to lose when you start drives at GB's 14, own 37, own 33, and GB 38  :o

Markus E. Realeus

So, when the Broncos crush the Steelers at home on Monday night, does that mean the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North, since they beat the Broncos?
Or, are the Bengels the best team, because they beat both Balitmore and Pitts, and only lost to Denver because of Divine Intervention?
Hmmm... either way, I think Pittsburgh is the 3rd best team in the AFC North, and the Broncos are going to win on Monday night.
"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

ManNamedTruth

QuoteSo, when the Broncos crush the Steelers at home on Monday night, does that mean the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North, since they beat the Broncos?
Or, are the Bengels the best team, because they beat both Balitmore and Pitts, and only lost to Denver because of Divine Intervention?
Hmmm... either way, I think Pittsburgh is the 3rd best team in the AFC North, and the Broncos are going to win on Monday night.

The best team is whoever wins the Super Bowl.

People forget that Steelers have yet to play the Ravens and in two weeks from now will play the Bungals in Pittsburgh. I really don't see Denver putting up points on our defense, BTW.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bear sin rug

It all depends on how well you are playing in December and January.

If the Broncs can make it to the playoffs, they have a shot; the Cardinals proved that last year and could have easily won the Super Bowl.

Exciting season so far!
It's a bad idea

Markus E. Realeus

Steelers are tough, no doubt. But that D is somewhat overrated, IMHO, and I believe the Broncos will pull out a win at home.
Our defense has been one the best in the leauge (until last week, that is) and I think they are going to give Big Ben and the boys a rough reception in the Mile High City.
No one in this town has forgotten that AFC championship game, believe me.
"I have spent my life, seeking all that's still unsung."-Hunter

capt. scotty

QuoteIt all depends on how well you are playing in December and January.

This is right on the money.

Do I think the Steelers are playing the best ball in the country right now? No. Do I think they can improve and get to that level? Yes.

What does Indy do every year? Look awesome the first 10-12 weeks of the year, and then lose in the 1st playoff game more often than not. Id rather be playing like we are right now, than at our highest level right now, because you simply cant sustain it for a whole year.

Sort of similar to hockey, where the playoffs are a couple notches up in intensity - not because teams slack off in during the season, but you cant play at that level for 8 months straight.

capt. scotty

QuoteSo, when the Broncos crush the Steelers at home on Monday night, does that mean the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North, since they beat the Broncos?

Youre going to be in for a disappointing night if you think youre going to crush us. I wouldnt be amazed if you beat us, but itll be less than 7 points if you do.

Seeing as how Baltimore totally abused your offense, Im not sure why you think your O will be much more successful against our defense. The one thing you might have in you favor is if our safety Ryan Clark doesnt play because of his sickle cell trait. Last time he played in Denver, he had to get his spleen and gallbladder removed and is questionable to play this monday due to the altitude. Big dropoff if he doesnt play, huge emotional boost for us if he does.

...and how is the Pittsburgh D overrated? They had a record setting year last year, and once again are 1st against the run this year, despite missing Polamalu and Aaron Smith for extended periods of time.

If anything, the Broncos are the team that got exposed last week