The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I'm confused.  Oher played LT for Ole Miss.  That's his position.  He's just being moved for the Ravens.  He would be just as coveted for any team that needed a LT.  

Thanks for the righty lefty QB explanation.  I didn't know. :P
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteI'm confused.  Oher played LT for Ole Miss.  That's his position.  He's just being moved for the Ravens.  He would be just as coveted for any team that needed a LT.  

Thanks for the righty lefty QB explanation.  I didn't know. :P

But...didnt you just agree with me based on my explanation that almost none of those teams that drafted the 10 or so picks before #23 needed an LT?!  :-?

Trade up by a team, yeah in that case, but those teams picking from 12-23 didnt have LT as their biggest need.

Thats why he dropped.

I meant to post an icon with that last explanation bc Im sure you knew that, but what else is there to say as to why he fell to #23???
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I guess that means I was right Ruckus  ;)

So no early picks?!?!!!

i'll go for:

New England
Pittsburgh
Indy
San Diego

NY G-Men
Green Bay
New Orleans
Arizona
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Well, I figure Tampa, Washington (Jansen is highly overrated at RT IMHO) and Detroit were suitors but like I said, I thought that Buffalo might take him.  Either way, a great pick for the Ravens who now have a diesel OLine for a long time outside of Matt Birk at center who will be money for now but a little long in the tooth

capt. scotty

QuoteWell, I figure Tampa, Washington (Jansen is highly overrated at RT IMHO) and Detroit were suitors but like I said, I thought that Buffalo might take him.  Either way, a great pick for the Ravens who now have a diesel OLine for a long time outside of Matt Birk at center who will be money for now but a little long in the tooth

I know you live in the B-More area, but I thought you werent a Ravens fan??

Ruckus

QuoteWell, I figure Tampa, Washington (Jansen is highly overrated at RT IMHO) and Detroit were suitors but like I said, I thought that Buffalo might take him.  Either way, a great pick for the Ravens who now have a diesel OLine for a long time outside of Matt Birk at center who will be money for now but a little long in the tooth

I know you live in the B-More area, but I thought you werent a Ravens fan??

I'm not...I bleed Green baby! with a little Bears in me too (a lot)

capt. scotty

I know the Bears just got Cutler, but - You gotta pick 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corey

capt. scotty

QuoteThis should be fun for you, aMD.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-hardknocks&prov=ap&type=lgns

;D

Did they pick the Bungals because no other team wanted to take this risk after Dallas looked like a bunch of arrogant fools last year who thought they already had their SB ticket punched, only to end up not even making the playoffs?

Should be interesting since Ocho Cinco will be on there. I cant believe after everything Cincy has tried to correct, and all the moves they made in the offseason to change things, they would do something like this for 2009. Actually, its the Bungals, so it doesnt surprise me.

Ruckus

QuoteI know the Bears just got Cutler, but - You gotta pick 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't pick one.

I will always be a Jets fan #1 but the Bears are like 1(a)

It's just the way I am and I don't fit into the whole notion of you can only be a fan of one team.  That is for another thread entirely I think because it is an absolutely unique phenomenon.

Leontheslut

Who has the time to follow multiple teams? I have a hard enough time keeping up with all Eagles related news.

Plus it feels like cheating. What happens when 1 plays 1a, who do you root for?
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Ruckus

QuoteWho has the time to follow multiple teams? I have a hard enough time keeping up with all Eagles related news.

Plus it feels like cheating. What happens when 1 plays 1a, who do you root for?

I know.  I get that from everyone but I won't back down.

In baseball, I'm Cubs then O's.  My main rule is that they play in different leagues.  I've moved so much and I enjoy the whole atmosphere of being part of a team loving city that I have no problem switching allegiances.  Call it what it is.

But for hockey and basketball, I only got one team.

aMillionDreams

QuoteThis should be fun for you, aMD.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-hardknocks&prov=ap&type=lgns

Fun, yeah, I don't know about all that.  I'm growing frustrated with my Bungals.  I believe they have a chance at having a good year but I think they're rolling the dice on too many "off the field issues" guys.  

Everyone raved about our draft. I liked the positions we drafted and we got good talent but we got two guys with off the field issues, one known for taking plays off, and our first overall pick didn't participate in the combine because he was too out-of-shape (his own words).  Not too mention that keeping Chad and getting rid of TJ is the opposite of what should have happened.  I hate Mike Brown like any good Bengals fan should, hopefully this show will help expose him.

Maybe this show will be good insight of how well Marvin can manage these guys.  I love the show itself, so I am kind of excited they picked the Bengals.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

I hadn't watched it before last year, but I loved watching the innerworkings of the team. I'm a Cowboys fan (I'm one of those "more than one team) guys), so it was cool to watch. And yes, it was probably really embarrassing for them after they didn't make the playoffs, because they sure as shit played up their egos in the show.

Leontheslut

QuoteI hadn't watched it before last year, but I loved watching the innerworkings of the team. I'm a Cowboys fan (I'm one of those "more than one team) guys), so it was cool to watch. And yes, it was probably really embarrassing for them after they didn't make the playoffs, because they sure as shit played up their egos in the show.

Cowboys suck! You're QB isa choker, your coach is an idiot, and your team is a bunch of convicts.

I hope you get hit by a falling ceiling.  ;)

BTW 44-6
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

aMillionDreams

Well they dropped one of their convicts, Tank Johnson.  I'll bet you can't guess who picked him up! Who DEY!?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

corey

Well, the Titans are my main team, but I keep an eye on the Cowboys and the Bears. And I'll probably watch the 49ers a little more this year because of Singletary... AND, they drafted a Bama RB in the 3rd round.

Leontheslut

QuoteWell they dropped one of their convicts, Tank Johnson.  I'll bet you can't guess who picked him up! Who DEY!?
The Bungles are like the 90's cowboys, minus the whole "winning" thing

joey_rogo

Any thoughts on Tony K leaving MNF??

I was a fan of his. Always liked him. They are replacing him with John Gruden. I don't like John's voice and he's probably going to be very full of himself. We'll see how it goes.