Our Wheels- What drives you?

Started by Johnny_Yac, Feb 22, 2010, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

I've never owned a car and haven't driven one in over 10 years.    :-?

But I'd like to get around in one of these babies   ;D

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

QuoteI've never owned a car and haven't driven one in over 10 years.    :-?

El?

BH

QuoteWow, BH, it's good to know I'm not the only prick in the room!  My mother is German, so I also enjoy driving a German car for sentimental reasons (I had a TDI Passat before this car).  Let's not forget that the performance and handling can't be topped in my opinion (see: The Ultimate Driving Machine).

Yes, I was sold after doing a autocross in one 10 years ago.  The handling and breaking performance is just amazing.   I just turned 110K miles on it and have not had any major issues.  Knock on wood.  

On another note, this car is going to be the first major revolution in electric vehicles, mark my words:

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

El?

Yessir.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

El?

Yessir.   :)
Awesome. Wish I could do something like that. Tired of commuting at least like this.

walterfredo

05 Subaru Outback.  Love it.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI drive a 2004 BMW 530i.  I bought it in 2007 as 'certified pre-owned' and it came with a 2 year/50,000 mile warranty (this was a huge factor in my decision to buy).  Some of my buddies give me a hard time about driving a BMW, but none of them have a reply when I tell them what I paid and ask how much they spent on their decked-out Jeeps or trucks.  It is a lot of fun to drive on windy country roads!

Oh, and I am aware that according to some people that driving a BMW makes me a prick.  ::)

Ha!  What's the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine?

The pricks are on the OUTSIDE of the porcupine.

I also hate to tell people I drive a BMW cause it comes with a lot of negative connotations.   "Ohh, a BMW, fancy."  Uh, yeah, I paid half what you did for your Diesel F250.    The only thing I am more passionate about than BMWs and BMW motorsports is My Morning Jacket.  I love formula one and GT road racing.

This is my car:

The last car I owned was a 96 accord that I drove past 200K so I don't buy new cars very often.  Someday however, after the kids are gone, I want one of these:

so many BMW owners here... didn't know there were so many guidos here!  ;D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

joey_rogo

2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

The first new car I've ever purchased. Before this, it was a used 06 Pontiac GP and before that a used Pontiac Vibe (super manly). Picked the new one up just over 4 months ago and I love it thus far. I had SO much fun sliding it around my neighborhood this winter in the snow. I can't wait until it snows again!

tdb810

2007 Black Saab 9.3T -- just traded in my 02 Jetta (always had jettas and LOVEd them, but got a great deal on the pre-owned Saaaaaaaaab)

If I had any computer skills whatsoever i would attach a photo....but I don't  :D
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Quote2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

The first new car I've ever purchased. Before this, it was a used 06 Pontiac GP and before that a used Pontiac Vibe (super manly). Picked the new one up just over 4 months ago and I love it thus far. I had SO much fun sliding it around my neighborhood this winter in the snow. I can't wait until it snows again!

I love Subaru.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Paulie_Walnuts

But I'd like to get around in one of these babies   ;D

Her or the car?
Paulie W

Paulie_Walnuts

Joining the prick brigade I'm afraid! My car:

But I want one of these:

American cars are cooool!
Paulie W

AMightyCaporal

QuoteJoining the prick brigade I'm afraid! My car:

But I want one of these:

damn thats a nice BMW!

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

mjkoehler

wow. Lot of Beamers here. Either I'm cheap as fuck or I need to re-negotiate my salary.

jones

But I want one of these:

Aha!  Another one!  That is one sweet ride Paulie.

What is the second vehicle?  The pic didn't show for me.

Paulie_Walnuts

Old style Ford Mustang. Not only are your cars cool, they have fantastic names! I don't even know what they look like but I love these names:

Dodge Charger
Dodge Viper
Lincoln Town Car
Corvette
Chevy Camaro
Pontiac Firebird

Paulie W

AMightyCaporal

QuoteOld style Ford Mustang. Not only are your cars cool, they have fantastic names! I don't even know what they look like but I love these names:

Dodge Charger
Dodge Viper
Lincoln Town Car
Corvette
Chevy Camaro
Pontiac Firebird

growing up, I always wanted a dodge viper... I think I am justified:

BH

But I want one of these:

Nice!  M Coupe!  I actually wouldn't mind having that instead of the Cayman as my dream car.  A cheap electric car to drive to work every day with a great stereo and an M Coupe in the garage.  I even wanted a black one.  You bastard! :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Paulie_Walnuts

Hopefully this will make you feel better.....mine's not an M! I got the image from Yahoo images and didn't notice the M part.

Mine's a 3.0 litre Coupe, nice and fast but not THAT fast!

What's a Cayman?
Paulie W

TEO

QuoteOld style Ford Mustang. Not only are your cars cool, they have fantastic names! I don't even know what they look like but I love these names:

Dodge Charger
Dodge Viper
Lincoln Town Car
Corvette
Chevy Camaro
Pontiac Firebird

Thanks for putting my car in THAT group! It's the last "square" one...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary