Weird Dream/Nightmare Thread?

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Apr 29, 2010, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Not sure if there is already a thread for this or not.  I want to hear about your whacked out dreams.  

Lately I've been having weird realistic dreams about my friends and people I know but haven't seen in a long long time.  It feels so real that when I wake up it still feels like it happened.  Maybe I've been watching too much lost.  What do you dream about?

ALady

Weird you should post this thread today...I had a really weird dream last night/this morning that Michael Shannon (as Kim Fowley in The Runaways) and I were driving through the woods in a convertible, and he was getting a little fresh with me and it was creepy.   ;D

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteWeird you should post this thread today...I had a really weird dream last night/this morning that Michael Shannon (as Kim Fowley in The Runaways) and I were driving through the woods in a convertible, and he was getting a little fresh with me and it was creepy.   ;D

wtf? that is creepy.

AMightyCaporal

I had a strange dream the other night where I was ghost hunting with Lindsey Lohan (not hot version) and I saw a ghost move across a doorway and it scared the shit out of me
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI had a strange dream the other night where I was ghost hunting with Lindsey Lohan (not hot version) and I saw a ghost move across a doorway and it scared the shit out of me

that sounds like a pretty cool dream.  I like ghost hunting.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Does anybody remember their very first dream? or any very early dream in your life?  that ghost dream reminded me of a ghost dream.

I remember a couple dreams from when I was little.  One I'm not sure if it was a dream or if my house was haunted.  I crawled out over all these suitcases (which makes sense looking back since we were moving at the time) and then I saw these two glowing ghostly things and they like warped out.  it was weird for a 2year-olds dream.

This other time I dreamed of a monster megazord type thing only it was made of cars and had a sword.  All I remember was it was stomping on other cars.  

those are the oldest dreams I can remember.

aMillionDreams

I remember parts of my first dream.  My mom, dad, and grandparents were in a tiny VW bug and they had huge cartoon-like heads that were sticking out each window.  It really freaked me out.  They were pulling out of our driveway and I was yelling for them to stop but they didn't hear me.  Then I ran to my backyard and my sister told me Freddy was going to get me.  Yeah, it was a little kid nightmare.  

I'm remembering my dreams a lot these days and they all seem to be frustrating.  Not nightmares just dreams where things aren't quite working out the way I'd like them to, it's starting to get on my nerves!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI remember parts of my first dream.  My mom, dad, and grandparents were in a tiny VW bug and they had huge cartoon-like heads that were sticking out each window.  It really freaked me out.  They were pulling out of our driveway and I was yelling for them to stop but they didn't hear me.  Then I ran to my backyard and my sister told me Freddy was going to get me.  Yeah, it was a little kid nightmare.  

I'm remembering my dreams a lot these days and they all seem to be frustrating.  Not nightmares just dreams where things aren't quite working out the way I'd like them to, it's starting to get on my nerves!

DUDE! that's exactly what I'm talking about.  is it almost like a bizzaro life dream?  A completely possible scenario but not necessarily a pleasant one?  that's what's been happening to me the past couple years on and off.  sometimes good things happen and sometimes bad.  it seems like it correlates with events happening, subconscious answers that I'm telling myself.  I wish I could remember the dreams more vividly.  It'd be awesome to learn how to truly lucid dream and really control it.  My friends grandpa had a pair of those dream goggles with the lights for REM sleep or whatever and he said it was really amazing how aware you can become within a dream.  

AMightyCaporal

I used to have this dream a lot when I was little where my dad and I would be sitting in a room, and a mouse would scurry in.  My dad started screaming. not yelling or shouting but full out screaming then his chair would form a mech warrior type robot thing around him.  The background would start flashing a rainbow of colors.  It was very odd.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

CousinEddie

I remember really vague elements of my fever dreams from when I was a kid. Nothing specific as far as plot or characters, but more like sudden changes in point of view, like swooping pan-outs. Weird sensations too, like squeezing a glob of putty till the strand between the fingers is so thin it stings. I still experience these every time I get sick, to the point where its like de ja vu.

weeniebeenie

I remember most of my dreams when I wake up and usually dream every night.
Lately I keep having dreams that I have to babysit my younger self. :-?

How loud can silence get?

megalicious

my dreams are whack. it's usually one of the following options when it comes to dreaming for me:

1. something catastrophic happens at work because i neglected a trivial task
2. i have crazy hate sex with people
3. some weird stuff happens that makes no sense whatsoever.

here's a question: have you ever dreamed about a place that doesn't exist... and then find yourself revisiting the same place in different dreams? it happens to me a lot.
:-?
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotemy dreams are whack. it's usually one of the following options when it comes to dreaming for me:

1. something catastrophic happens at work because i neglected a trivial task
2. i have crazy hate sex with people
3. some weird stuff happens that makes no sense whatsoever.

here's a question: have you ever dreamed about a place that doesn't exist... and then find yourself revisiting the same place in different dreams? it happens to me a lot.
:-?

I rarely have sex dreams, at least that I remember.  

definitely have had the same dream over and over a couple times but never different dreams at the same location, that's kinda cool. or not.  I guess that's up to you haha.

megalicious

yeah; i've had dreams before about some random place that doesn't exist... like a house i've never been in or a store at which i have never shopped. the odd thing is that i can have different dreams that involve the same imaginary places... in such vivid detail.

:o

funny dream story: once i was in the hospital following complications after surgery. i was whacked out on meds and had this dream that i had a HUGE dale earndhart tattoo. it seemed so real, and i was remember being traumatized in my dream and trying to scrub the tattoo off my skin. anyway, i woke up with this nurse screaming at me b/c i was ripping my iv out.

;D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quoteyeah; i've had dreams before about some random place that doesn't exist... like a house i've never been in or a store at which i have never shopped. the odd thing is that i can have different dreams that involve the same imaginary places... in such vivid detail.

:o

funny dream story: once i was in the hospital following complications after surgery. i was whacked out on meds and had this dream that i had a HUGE dale earndhart tattoo. it seemed so real, and i was remember being traumatized in my dream and trying to scrub the tattoo off my skin. anyway, i woke up with this nurse screaming at me b/c i was ripping my iv out.

;D

haha damn earnhart tattoos will get ya every time haha.  that's gnarly though that you were reacting to a dream physically while asleep in the dream.

it almost sounds the opposite of sleep paralysis.  rather than having a waking dream while your body can't move you had a normal dream where your body was acting out the actions.   stuff like that really blows my mind.  finding that line between reality and a dream.  

If life is in fact one big illusion like Einstein said it makes dreams even more fascinating.

I had a dream once that made me better at snowboarding.  either that or it was timed right by my brain for me to think that.  back in the day I used to snowboard for fun with my friends because we have a couple ski resorts within 30minutes from us.  I tried snowboarding a couple times before hand and sucked but after I had the dream of me doing tricks and shredding that powder I could tear that mountain/mini mountain up.  It makes me think that you can not only learn things in your dreams about yourself but improve or effect things in your physical life.  In other words it seemed like when I was snowboarding in my dream it was so real it felt as if I was practicing with perfect form, at least in my mind what perfect form should be, and then when I was really on the slopes that knowledge carried over.

I've had dreams of chicks I've cared about and then in the dream one of my friends or somebody I'd know would get in the way or fuck me over in the dream.   Then when life happened it was like "oh no shit? that happened? I had a dream related to that stuff".

I wish I had more sex dreams.  I boned kate winslet in a dream once for some reason, apparently we were lovers.  she really cared about me until I woke up.  what a bitch.

capt. scotty

I think I dreamed about the Double Down last night actually. Pretty scary
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons