To Tracy and everyone else....

Started by talleshortz, May 04, 2010, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Affected in the Tennessee and Mississippi areas, I send my best wishes and prayers for the safety of your loved ones and a speedy recovery from all the crap you all must be dealing with.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

crazylove

My daughter lives in some of the hardest hit areas in middle Tn.  My grandsons elementary was completely under water, and the middle school and high school were devastated as well. My 1st grade grandson, along with his classmates are having a tough time with the destruction at their school.  Thankfully, my family lives on higher ground up in the hills of Kingston Springs, but they have a lot of friends whose homes were affected.  She has sent me pictures of the area, roads washed out and broken up, bridges gone, and havoc everywhere.
So please, keep the people of middle Tn in your prayers, they certainly need all the positive vibes they can get!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

FiddleCastro

QuoteMy daughter lives in some of the hardest hit areas in middle Tn.  My grandsons elementary was completely under water, and the middle school and high school were devastated as well. My 1st grade grandson, along with his classmates are having a tough time with the destruction at their school.  Thankfully, my family lives on higher ground up in the hills of Kingston Springs, but they have a lot of friends whose homes were affected.  She has sent me pictures of the area, roads washed out and broken up, bridges gone, and havoc everywhere.
So please, keep the people of middle Tn in your prayers, they certainly need all the positive vibes they can get!

Tennessee is one of the most beautiful and exciting places I have ever had the pleasure to visit, the people I met there were some of the sweetest and most kind hearted people I have ever met. Tennessee has a special place in my heart, and they are in my thoughts. Much love and hope all you TN forum members and your families are safe.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Tracy 3000

Thanks for the vibes Ruckus. We got water in our renovated garage and computer got fried. The creek came around our house 3x all weekend but spared the main house each time by about 5 inches. The whole weekend was touch and go with no sleep. We are very, very thankful that this 1,000 year flood missed us; there are many here who got it bad. The damage is catastrophic and very sad.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Hawkeye

Glad you made it through with minimal damage Tracy.  I just moved to Ohio, and probably the main thing I like about my new house is our proximity to water.  We have a creek nearby that you can always hear flowing.  It's so peaceful.  But it also floods.  Our house is raised a bit from the floodplain, but the water was creeping up.  I took the day off on Monday to watch the water, as it was getting close to the garage.  Luckily, it stopped short.  I took a few pics of the backyard.  Maybe I'll post-em later.  I should take some "after" pics too tho so you can see the difference!

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the floods!
We could.

Jaimoe

All this stuff happening off the coast with the oil and now the flooding is quite depressing and shocking (actually, the oil spill makes me furious). I'm glad you are doing ok Tracy.

MarkW

Sending good vibes your way, Southern-US peeps.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ghosts_on_TV

My thoughts are with you guys here and everyone that is affected. It happens where I live now and again, and it always sucks.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ruckus

Quotehttp://www.section303.com/we-are-nashville-4366

I hope the recovery is going well for everyone.  As the above blogger noted in FG's link, you'd of thought someone's aboveground pool in some suburb sprung a leak based on the nation al media coverage.  Disgusting
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head