Main Menu

Muses

Started by el_chode, Jan 05, 2009, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Where do the guys get their craft from? Or is it more of a why or a how? Why Charlie Chaplin, how did that get chosen, where did it even come from? What about the choices of covers? I know it's not 100% Jim's choice, but where the hell does the idea to put a Dolly Parton in the same set as James Brown come from? Does the tour bus have a library of vintage films, classic vinyl, and philosophical treatises on the second floor?

I apologize if this is overly philosophical. There's just something a bit more unique to their influences that makes it seem too genuine to be pretentious, too varied to be ordinary, and too perfected to be easy.

Whatever it is, I'll have what they're having.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghostess on TV

Because this is what they are meant to do in life.  They are awesome together.  So hopefully they don't stop making music until ...eh... 2070..

My Monkey Friend

simply put, if you are a fan of good music, these guys are the pinnacle. they entertain you after playing something great, so the focus is always on the music. no need for a stupid joke, or some dumbass stage production to take away from the music like just about everyone else does.

searchinbig

QuoteBecause this is what they are meant to do in life.  They are awesome together.  So hopefully they don't stop making music until ...eh... 2070..

Funny you say that!

I was just thinking if cap'n goodies and the boys can still rock their asses off when they are,  say 50 years old?

Just a thought.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."