Article on MMJ in oz press. see inside...

Started by nickdavies7, Jan 09, 2009, 03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickdavies7

This from the Melbourne paper; The Age. I picked it up at breakfast, it was a great way to begin the day:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainment/music/lets-roll-its-rocknsoul/2009/01/08/1231004174115.html

ENJOY!!!
Signatures are over rated

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

ALady

That's a great read.  Thanks for posting!

Rock 'n' soul, indeed!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

songdiver

It's weird that it took Evil Urges to understand that My Morning Jacket is pure soul.  I always tell people that I think At Dawn is the best soul album ever, the old haunting soul music.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

Ghostess on TV

I love this... "That's the reason why people play music and the reason why people want to see music, because it is that connection with the other realm. We are all searching for some sense of peace where you are gone, caught up in the music or your writing or your art or love. That's religion to me, that escaping yourself."

hizzo

QuoteI love this... "That's the reason why people play music and the reason why people want to see music, because it is that connection with the other realm. We are all searching for some sense of peace where you are gone, caught up in the music or your writing or your art or love. That's religion to me, that escaping yourself."
I liked that a lot as well! Also like this (right before it):
Playing a concert, the best concert, is one that doesn't exist: it feels so good that the whole evening kind of turns into a big blur of sound and light and feels like it only lasted three seconds instead of three hours.
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

ChiefOKONO

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Grateful Chabo

QuoteThank you! good stuff here!!

word..
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."