Northern Lights

Started by el_chode, Aug 04, 2010, 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

No, not the venue in Albany. If you live along the southern terminal moraine of the last ice age...basically, along I-80, or north of it, there's a good chance you can see the aurora tonight. It won't be a full color spectacle, but likely some shimmering silver curtains in the sky.

The other day, the sun splooged a massive CME in our direction that caused a solar tsunami and other fun stuff, causing the aurora forecast to rise to an "8"
I'm surrounded by assholes

Crispy

Schweet! I'm too far south now, but I once saw the aurora from northern Colorado.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

DiscoStu65

i never ever saw the northern lights
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

johnnYYac

Yeah, I've seen 'em before, without warning, up here in NH.  Thought I was having a flashback!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jones

Quotei never ever saw the northern lights

Me neither.  Also, I never really heard of cluster flies.

DiscoStu65

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

el_chode

QuoteYeah, I've seen 'em before, without warning, up here in NH.  Thought I was having a flashback!

I, too, saw them unexpectedly while fishing up on Lake Newbury in Canada. Which I guess isn't too unexpected, but then again, I was young and naieve
I'm surrounded by assholes

ALady

I've seen them a couple times in Wisconsin.  Really cool.  One time it was like a red wall of light.

One of the downsides of living in the city is that you can't really see any stuff like this, or stars.   :-/
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires