The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Seriously, if you are not watching this show, you are missing one of the greatest TV shows. Just insanly great.

Ghosts_on_TV

I was thinking, Russo said all of her people died from getting sick but really she killed them. I wonder what drove her to do that? And for the other guy to try to kill her?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjkoehler

QuoteI was thinking, Russo said all of her people died from getting sick but really she killed them. I wonder what drove her to do that? And for the other guy to try to kill her?
The guy that plays Jin did an interview recently and mentioned we are supposed to see "smokey's" lair this season. Is perhaps this part of the temple that Ben asked Richard to prepare at one point? It sure as hell looked like an old temple. Seriously, the thing fucking ripped a guys arm off. Awesome!

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI was thinking, Russo said all of her people died from getting sick but really she killed them. I wonder what drove her to do that? And for the other guy to try to kill her?
The guy that plays Jin did an interview recently and mentioned we are supposed to see "smokey's" lair this season. Is perhaps this part of the temple that Ben asked Richard to prepare at one point? It sure as hell looked like an old temple. Seriously, the thing fucking ripped a guys arm off. Awesome!

I assume it is the same temple they were going to.

Ghosts_on_TV

It's funny, I have a friend who is a huge Sci Fi nerd, and I'm always saying that he needs to watch lost. I say it and he's like "You said that to me like 300 times." And I'm like "Joe, but you REALLY NEED to watch Lost." He really needs to watch lost.

mjkoehler

Joe really does need to watch Lost. Same here. Friend from work has yet to experience it. Just cannot get him to listen.

el_chode

Not to be a stickler, but it's Rousseau! Us philosophy geeks take pride in salvaging whatever we can from our useless degrees.

Also, keep in mind this, because I'm not sure of its full connection.

Charlotte mentions she knows Carthage better than Hannibal.
Carthage is located in present-day Tunisia
Tunisia was the go-between for Sicily/Italy and Egypt
Tunisia is where Ben was spit out when he turned the wheel
There were Egyptian hieroglyphs on the smokemonster's lair.

Me thinks there is a connection to this, the monster, and perhaps the foot?
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jbones72

Another great episode! Am I missing something or is Jack's Dad Jacob?

el_chode

QuoteAnother great episode! Am I missing something or is Jack's Dad Jacob?

If we're on the same page, which I think we are, the lesson to be learned is that yes, Christian Shepherd = Jacob, it just hasnt' been stated as such.

Ghostess on TV

Yea, but, when Locke asked if he was Jacob, he said no.

Ghosts_on_TV

If we're on the same page, which I think we are, the lesson to be learned is that yes, Christian Shepherd = Jacob, it just hasnt' been stated as such.

I don't think he is. Who was the guy in the chair when ben and Locke first go to Jacobs cabin then? That wasn't Christian.

el_chode

I don't think he is. Who was the guy in the chair when ben and Locke first go to Jacobs cabin then? That wasn't Christian.

I thought that guy in the chair was Christian but upon a quick google search, I found the screen cap and at first glance, it looks like it'd be Lapedius (the choppa pilot, who's name is something allegorical to Jesus as well). Then, I came across a photoshop of that screen cap to show that the man in the rocking chair was a very hairy Locke.

Jbones72

I thought that guy in the chair was Christian but upon a quick google search, I found the screen cap and at first glance, it looks like it'd be Lapedius (the choppa pilot, who's name is something allegorical to Jesus as well). Then, I came across a photoshop of that screen cap to show that the man in the rocking chair was a very hairy Locke.

So Locke saw himself in the cabin in the rocking chair?

Ghostess on TV

I love this show!

el_chode

I love this show!

Seriously. This week is going to be great. I have faith we will definitely know more about the Smoke Monster in the next few episodes. But we're also going to see just how they get back to the island methinks.

Also, that thing about Jacob = Locke has a website devoted to the theory I think. Others clearly debunk it.

el_chode

Stupid class tonite. Won't see it til tomorrow

Ghosts_on_TV

Actually, I'm not sure Locke saw anything. But we did.

mjkoehler

what....a.....mind......fuck

ChronicHunger

Jack = jacob, Wow what an episode, next week will be nuts

el_chode

QuoteJack = jacob, Wow what an episode, next week will be nuts

Really? You think so? (about Jack) I mean he's no longer the Doubting Thomas.

Here's some tidbits I've picked from around the intarwebs:

Ben is reading James Joyce's Ulysses, a tale based on Odysseus, the sailor who went on an adventure after unbelieveable mishap after mishap keeps him from his love - Penelope

The analogue of the Doubting Thomas and Jack's Leap of Faith is very similar to the writings of Soren Kierkegaard in his book Fear and Trembling