The LOST thread

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, May 10, 2007, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

I just finished season 4... 17 episodes of season 5 then a few in season six... i'm totally going to be caught up for the finale!

oh, I came up with a little something:

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

Welp, there goes my LOST experience. Thanks ABC
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteWelp, there goes my LOST experience. Thanks ABC

Why?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

AMightyCaporal

abc and cablevision are greedy and so now they have a beef... the end result being that cablevision is no longer airing any abc channels
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

Quoteabc and cablevision are greedy and so now they have a beef... the end result being that cablevision is no longer airing any abc channels

yeah, well depends on the angle you take on it.

legally, cablevision has to air ABC, but ABC doesn't have to air on cablevision.

Based on my general distaste and distrust for anything Disney, I find myself taking cablevision's side in the debacle. Also, since I've also had Comcast and Cablevision hasn't fucked me nearly as hard as Comcast (or TimeWarner for that matter), I still take their side.

Though I'm skeptical...first it was FoodNetwork and HGTV, now ABC with literally the same dispute? Is it the NYC market that makes the stations greedy? Or is it a failure to keep pace with market rates that makes Cablevision cheap.

mjkoehler

Quoteabc and cablevision are greedy and so now they have a beef... the end result being that cablevision is no longer airing any abc channels

legally, cablevision has to air ABC, but ABC doesn't have to air on cablevision.

Based on my general distaste and distrust for anything Disney, I find myself taking cablevision's side in the debacle. Also, since I've also had Comcast and Cablevision hasn't fucked me nearly as hard as Comcast (or TimeWarner for that matter), I still take their side.

Though I'm skeptical...first it was FoodNetwork and HGTV, now ABC with literally the same dispute? Is it the NYC market that makes the stations greedy? Or is it a failure to keep pace with market rates that makes Cablevision cheap.
Thank goodness for Hulu and bit torrent sites.

el_chode

Serious answer: That doesn't help me at the time of airing!

Super-serious cynic's answer: ABC deserves to have their programming pirated for pulling this crap. It just sounds like Mickey Mouse is grubbing for money

Follow-up-super-serious-I'm-not-kidding-post-related-to-the-cynical-post: They're considering opening a LOST theme park.

mjkoehler

Serious answer: That doesn't help me at the time of airing!

Super-serious cynic's answer: ABC deserves to have their programming pirated for pulling this crap. It just sounds like Mickey Mouse is grubbing for money

Follow-up-super-serious-I'm-not-kidding-post-related-to-the-cynical-post: They're considering opening a LOST theme park.
No, but epi's usually appear on btjunkie almost immediatly after the East/Central feed.

Lost theme park? Uhhhh can I ride on Charlotte?

el_chode

Charlotte!? I do not like her! Juliet, please. Then Claire. Kate is just too freaking annoying.

Anyway, I was thinking while running today, I'm going to torrent. I've never really done that for TV shows, and its because the industry generally reacts to demand much better than music.

But I really hate Disney. And this'll teach 'em good. Plus I figure as a Cablevision subscriber, they're not gonna play ball easily for a DMCA request

mjkoehler

QuoteCharlotte!? I do not like her! Juliet, please.
Charlotte has the triple threat- Freckles, amazing accent, and RED HAIR. Juliet would be the second choice.

I've done a few shows via torrent since they are not available in Region 1 DVD.

el_chode

QuoteCharlotte!? I do not like her! Juliet, please.
Charlotte has the triple threat- Freckles, amazing accent, and RED HAIR. Juliet would be the second choice.

I've done a few shows via torrent since they are not available in Region 1 DVD.

But her head is shaped like a peanut!

Anyway, ABC caved. We're good to go. Unfortunately, this means I have to endure the Oscars tonite

dcdub

I'm with chode on this one, she is weird looking. Juliet all the way. Naomi was hot, too bad she's dead
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

kydiddle

I don't think fake Locke (or my favorite nickname for him: "Flocke") is 100% evil. I think there are varying degrees of evil between him and Jacob. He is out to destroy Jacob/the island more than he wants to ruin peoples' lives and mess with fate, all that jazz.

I read a theory online where someone speculated that Sawyer killed himself in his house and when Flocke found him and asked him to go with him, he was dead. Meh. Not sure if I buy it.

Great show.

Naomi is beautiful. Juliet got on my nerves sometimes, but is MUCH better looking than Charlotte. Yikes.
Cow temperature.

mjkoehler

Y'all can hate Charlotte all you want. More for me to love then.

I don't think we know who is "evil" and who is good yet. We are all getting played.

AMightyCaporal

I found a picture of charlotte...

kydiddle

QuoteI found a picture of charlotte...

I would like everyone to know I did NOT laugh at that picture.

Oh, and I, uh, I was abducted by aliens last night and I have a pet unicorn.
Cow temperature.

AMightyCaporal

;)

Well folks, I made it! I just finished season 5 tonight.  Tomorrow I plan on being all caught up with the new episodes.  Its been a long trip, but I'm happy I took it! I would like to thank netflix for allowing me the opportunity to watch all five seasons instantly in one month. and a thank you to hulu for having the new episodes up for me to be all caught up with all ya'll long time fans.

oh, and poor poor Juliet! God damn this show is something... amazing

el_chode

;)

Well folks, I made it! I just finished season 5 tonight.  Tomorrow I plan on being all caught up with the new episodes.  Its been a long trip, but I'm happy I took it! I would like to thank netflix for allowing me the opportunity to watch all five seasons instantly in one month. and a thank you to hulu for having the new episodes up for me to be all caught up with all ya'll long time fans.

oh, and poor poor Juliet! God damn this show is something... amazing

Glad to see you're with us now!

mjkoehler

wow...wow what an episode.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotewow...wow what an episode.

if you haven't watched tonight don't read after this yet:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.  they told us a lot in that episode.  fuckin a.  was lapidus piloting 815 in the alternate timeline?  if Ilana doesn't know which kwon to protect wtf?  So was that Jacob at the lighthouse or not?  It was Hurley who saw him.. Miles scored those diamonds thank god, those two characters were pissing me off for so long.  need to soak it in for a minute.  fucking knew richard was from the black rock ship.  confirmed.