I wrote this for you

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 05, 2010, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

I've found a blog that I think is simply amazing and I just wanted to share it with you. It's called I Wrote This For You and it's not even possible to describe this blog, it's more than a blog really, it's poetry!

"That song you keep playing is nothing but a photograph you look at with your ears"

"You will hear it and no one else will, like your soul wears headphones and only it can hear the music."

"They want me. I want you. And you want someone else. But none of us want to turn around."

"This is how I love: Touching you, in case there comes a time I can't."

"When I look at you, I hear music no one's ever played."

I could go on and quote this entire blog, but I probably shouldn't. If you're interested, I think you should start out with this post:
http://www.iwrotethisforyou.me/2007/07/thank-god-you-found-this.html

But the latest one if kind of cool too:
http://www.iwrotethisforyou.me/2010/08/truth-is-born-in-strange-places.html

:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

woodnymph

SBB this is sweetness!!  Thanks for sharing as always!!  [smiley=laugh.gif]
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

SaraBananaBear

QuoteSBB this is sweetness!!  Thanks for sharing as always!!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Oh so glad you liked it! I wasn't sure if anyone would, but I really like it.  :) It's not like YY poetry, but still! ;)

woodnymph

QuoteSBB this is sweetness!!  Thanks for sharing as always!!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Oh so glad you liked it! I wasn't sure if anyone would, but I really like it.  :) It's not like YY poetry, but still! ;)
Oooo I love lotsa poetry  8-)  Great bear-with-banana icon too! Hehe
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

SaraBananaBear

Oooo I love lotsa poetry  8-)  Great bear-with-banana icon too! Hehe

Hahaha, thanks, parts of it I borrowed of the internet and parts of it I made in Paint... Mad Paint skills, oh yeah 8-)

Sticking to the topic, another favorite from IWTFY
"Truly great people were once called weird so that today, you aren't called anything"  :)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

this thread inspired me.  here's an original haiku I just wrote.

My Tender Penis,
A Gift Sent From The Heavens,
Made For Hot Women.

SaraBananaBear

Quotethis thread inspired me.  here's an original haiku I just wrote.

My Tender Penis,
Made For Hot Women.

Oh My God!  :exclamation
You just violated the thread Sticky, not okay!  :o I think you should perhaps keep your penis poetry to yourself and save it for special occasions...  :)

.Walt

My Tender Penis,
Made For Hot Women.

You just violated the thread Sticky, not okay!  :o I think you should perhaps keep your penis poetry to yourself and save it for special occasions...  :)

It's okay Sara. He wrote that for me!

Thanks Sticky  :-*
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

My Tender Penis,
Made For Hot Women.

that poem still kicks ass 24 hours later.  sorry for violating you.

SaraBananaBear

My Tender Penis,
Made For Hot Women.

It's okay Sara. He wrote that for me!

Thanks Sticky  :-*

However lovely and sweet I might think that is (not very to be honest...  ;)) it doesn't really match up with the IWTFY stuff, sorry Sticky! But then again, it's more of a matter of what Walts thinks I suppose and as long as he appreciates it... good for you!  :P

SaraBananaBear

My Tender Penis,
Made For Hot Women.

that poem still kicks ass 24 hours later.  sorry for violating you.

Ehrm, yeah... right... so, here's some more IWTFY instead... :P
"Just so you know, we've kept track of your high score –and- how well you can really play and we're going to be beaming you up, very, very, very soon."

SaraBananaBear

In other news (half relevant to the last message), this is pretty funny (from bash.org):
Malagmyr: This linguistics professor was lecturing the class.
"In English," he explained, "a double negative forms a positive. In some languages, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative."
"However," the professor continued, "there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."
Immediately, a voice from the back of the room piped up: "Yeah..... right...."