Death to "I'm Feeling Supersonic"!

Started by Johnny_Yac, Sep 17, 2010, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

From the great Jason's THE STEAM ENGINE blog:

"Hello everyone!

Here is the deal: some sh*t site, "I'm Feeling Supersonic," is ripping every single one of my posts off. This site is using my RSS feed to supply their site with content. Every single post since October 2009 is on this site without giving The Steam Engine or Jason any credit.

There is no contact information and comments are on an approval basis only. I've left comments (not approved of course) and I've emailed the hosting service being used. It is a WordPress blog but unfortunately they have no control over the situation.

What am I asking of you? Please please please flood that site with comments and please please please contact the hosting service letting them know what is going on. I can't get a response from anyone but maybe if there is an influx of message something will be done.

If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE let me know, I don't want this to go on any longer.

Thank you for lending hand, my appreciation cannot be conveyed with words!

The rip off site - I'm Feeling Supersonic
The hosting service contact page - http://www.iamspace.com/contacts.php

Example message - "Hi, I couldn't help but notice this page (http://supersonic.2kool4u.net/) is stealing every single post from this page (http://www.thesteamengine.blogspot.com/). Clearly this is not right. Please do something about it!

Thank you."

Maybe this is one of our forum members.  I know Jason would let folks reference his blog on their own sites, but these posts come across as if they're original.

Here's my comment on "I'm Feeling Supersonic":

Death Threat Your comment is awaiting moderation.
September 18th, 2010 on 1:28 pm
Don't make me unload my mafia connections on your ass. I do not represent the owner of the content you are STEALING, but defend his right to control who posts his hard work WITHOUT ANY CREDIT!!! Cease and Desist or bad things will happen. Don't think this is a joke, mutha. Believe me, this is just the beginning. If you had asked, he would have gladly let you reference his posts. Now, you will remove ANY and EVERY THING that is not your OWN creation, you lazy fuck!

Sorry.  This is not characteristic of me, but Jason and his blog are the mortar in the foundation of my love for MMJ.  He is to blame for my obsession, for feeding this Jacket Junkie, and I thank him with my rant.

We must kill "I'm Feeling Supersonic"!!!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDick Your comment is awaiting moderation.
September 18th, 2010 on 1:43 pm

there have been discussions with management and the people involved over at steamengine and there will be consequences. where's your creativity? ripping somebodies entire site and not giving them credit? grow a pair.

johnnYYac

How is it my comment sounds like Sticky and Sticky's comment sounds like me?  Its like one of those Disney, body-switch movies.  

Freaky Friday!

Seriously, so I don't get banned from this site, let it be clear I wish no harm upon a person.  I just want the site to remove Jason's work and post an apology.  Maybe this guy/gal didn't think it was uncool, but even the freshmen I teach know that's wrong.

Jason and I have yet to meet, but one day I will shake his hand.  He came onto this forum late in the game, even after my slow awakening.  But The Steam Engine is where I built my Jacketness.  

He posted a link to my omnichord site and helped me achieve over 1200 hits on my old site.  Over 200 on the new one.  

I owe him alot:  Rockpalast!  The Okonokos Project!  Tons of shows, and not just MMJ.

Jason belongs in the Jacket fandom hierachy, along with the old-timers.  Carry him on your shoulders at Terminal 5.  

Shit, I just realized I'll see you at #5.  Far out.

el_chode

While i am not a lawyer and my advice should not be relied on as such, I highly recommend you google a "DMCA Takedown" form. Just provide exact locations for the content (URL and time stamp) and show you made it and it is not fair use. Send said form to the site host and they'll take it down
I'm surrounded by assholes

MarkW

Clicked on the link, and it seems to have gone... has the wrath of the Jacket board taken them down?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

johnnYYac

I'd like to think they got the message.  Good work to everyone who posted comments or, in my case, veiled threats.

"I'm Feeling Supersonic" is dead.

twofingers

WOW guys!!! johhnYYac, you are a wonderful man! Chode, Sticky, - Thank thank thank you!!!!!

The site is gone!

Wow, I'm just so happy right now I can't even put it into words!!

This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for you guys, god, I'm blushing!!!

Thank you all so much again. For those of you that will be in New York - a round of drinks are on me!

And johnnYYac, I absolutely cannot wait to actually meet you brother!
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

twofingers

Dammit, I'm so grateful, thank you guys so friggin' much!

Ruckus

This is great guys :)  Big ups to all involved[smiley=beer.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

twofingers

QuoteThis is great guys :)  Big ups to all involved[smiley=beer.gif]

It seriously is. HUGE!!!!!

If you weren't thanked in this post (http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2010/09/success.html) I want to THANK YOU SO MUCH.