New episode of House sucked.

Started by ctdeadhead, Sep 21, 2010, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteAnyone else think so?

every episode of house is exactly the same from what I've seen.  mysterious, random ass disease pops up in the hospital or place where house is and then he fixes it at the end of the show, usually.

Jaimoe

every episode of house is exactly the same from what I've seen.  mysterious, random ass disease pops up in the hospital or place where house is and then he fixes it at the end of the show, usually.

The medical plots are only used as plot device sidebars. The interesting aspect of the show is the anti-hero House and his interactions with his staff. I could care less about the medical "save the day" scenes.

capt. scotty

This and Law & Order ______ are my little sisters new TV addictions. She was watching House a few days ago, and during the opening scene they played OBH
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

QuoteThis and Law & Order ______ are my little sisters new TV addictions. She was watching House a few days ago, and during the opening scene they played OBH

House has lots of indie rock references. Hugh Laurie is a guitarist and big rock fan. I've been a fan of Laurie's since the mid '80s. Check out his comedic genius on Blackadder (in particular Blackadder III and IV) and Jeeves & Wooster.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

The medical plots are only used as plot device sidebars. The interesting aspect of the show is the anti-hero House and his interactions with his staff. I could care less about the medical "save the day" scenes.

the guy who plays house is definitely sweet but even the interactions are part of the formulaic episode structure.  all that usually happens is he's an asshole to his staff and then they write some shit on a dry erase board then randomly figure it out.  it's a pretty good show but for me it doesn't really reach that top shelf level like breaking bad or the wire or something because it's so predictable.  what's that head doctor chicks name? cutty? cuddy? whatever the fuck, the first time I watched that show I knew at some point those two were going to fuck and all the buffers I've seen lately have been both of them bumpin and grinding each other like it's some big surprise.  

I'm not hating on your shit or anything, I've seen it a shitload when they run those marathons, its addicting watching them back to back to back.

Jaimoe

House is one of my comfort shows, but it doesn't rank in my current Top 5-10. I only watch a few major network programs, and none are "overly" mainstream, in the CSI, Grey's Anatomy bullshit kind of way - Bones (guilty pleasure), House, Fringe and three from the CBC: Rick Mercer Report (not unlike the Daily Show, but with more on-the-road comedic bits), the Tudors, Dragon's Den. I do love Supernatural, but there's absolutely nothing formulaic and/or major network about it... and the CW ain't a major network. In fact, Supernatural is my favourite show because it delivers on a consistent basis, week after week (being a cult show has maintained its soul). I can't wait for Dexter and Bored to Death this upcoming Sunday!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteHouse is one of my comfort shows, but it doesn't rank in my current Top 5-10. I only watch a few major network programs, and none are "overly" mainstream, in the CSI, Grey's Anatomy bullshit kind of way - Bones (guilty pleasure), House, Fringe and three from the CBC: Rick Mercer Report (not unlike the Daily Show, but with more on-the-road comedic bits), the Tudors, Dragon's Den. I do love Supernatural, but there's absolutely nothing formulaic and/or major network about it... and the CW ain't a major network. In fact, Supernatural is my favourite show because it delivers on a consistent basis, week after week (being a cult show has maintained its soul). I can't wait for Dexter and Bored to Death this upcoming Sunday!

I understand what you're saying, same way over here.  fringe is pretty bad ass for network tv for sure.  I like house for sure.  It has it's moments.  dexter is going to be straight up ridiculous.  hopefully.

Jaimoe

QuoteHouse is one of my comfort shows, but it doesn't rank in my current Top 5-10. I only watch a few major network programs, and none are "overly" mainstream, in the CSI, Grey's Anatomy bullshit kind of way - Bones (guilty pleasure), House, Fringe and three from the CBC: Rick Mercer Report (not unlike the Daily Show, but with more on-the-road comedic bits), the Tudors, Dragon's Den. I do love Supernatural, but there's absolutely nothing formulaic and/or major network about it... and the CW ain't a major network. In fact, Supernatural is my favourite show because it delivers on a consistent basis, week after week (being a cult show has maintained its soul). I can't wait for Dexter and Bored to Death this upcoming Sunday!

I understand what you're saying, same way over here.  fringe is pretty bad ass for network tv for sure.  I like house for sure.  It has it's moments.  dexter is going to be straight up ridiculous.  hopefully.

Dexter rocks! I liked this season of True Blood; I hope James Frain (crazy funny vamp Franklin) somehow comes back. Frain was awesome as Cromwell in the Tudors.

Burn Notice is another show I like. Bruce Campbell rules!! I'm all over the Frank Darabont zombie series, The Walking Dead, on AMC next month. Another I'm looking forward to is the prequel to Spartacus and HBO's big-budget epic fantasy series, Game of Thrones.

vespachick

QuoteHBO's big-budget epic fantasy series, Game of Thrones.
My BF has the biggest boner for this show.  He talks about it ALL THE TIME.  He tells me abbout all the stuff they've been talking about on the Throne Board - for years, and how they're all atwitter about this series (like it's a T5 show or something.)  He's such a major dork.  ;)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

CTdeadhead

I really enjoy this show in general, a guilty pleasure, but House off drugs and in love is getting a little stupid.  

Dexter i a great show, but I had to drop Showtime, as Im too poor to pay for it.  Im a season behind, but great show.   Also like Weeds, but I know IM behind on that one too, not having showtime.

Jaimoe

My BF has the biggest boner for this show.  He talks about it ALL THE TIME.  He tells me abbout all the stuff they've been talking about on the Throne Board - for years, and how they're all atwitter about this series (like it's a T5 show or something.)  He's such a major dork.  ;)

Tom McCarthy directed the Game of Thrones pilot and he's involved in the rest of the series. McCarthy is a non-dork director of the awesome indie films, The Station Agent (starring Patricia Clarkson and Peter Dinklage) and The Visitor.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI really enjoy this show in general, a guilty pleasure, but House off drugs and in love is getting a little stupid.  

Dexter i a great show, but I had to drop Showtime, as Im too poor to pay for it.  Im a season behind, but great show.   Also like Weeds, but I know IM behind on that one too, not having showtime.

Dude, wait... You haven't watched the 4th season yet?  Lithgow is mind blowingly good.  you should just watch the episodes online or download them already! seriously 4th season was amazing.  John truly deserved that emmy he got for that performance.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Tom McCarthy directed the Game of Thrones pilot and he's involved in the rest of the series. McCarthy is a non-dork director of the awesome indie films, The Station Agent (starring Patricia Clarkson and Peter Dinklage) and The Visitor.

when does that game of thrones show come out?  is it out? is it bad ass?

Jaimoe

when does that game of thrones show come out?  is it out? is it bad ass?

It comes out in the spring, 2010. Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage star in it, along with an international cast. Each season is one book of the popular epic series.

capt. scotty

It comes out in the spring, 2010. Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage star in it, along with an international cast. Each season is one book of the popular epic series.

It comes out in the past?!?!?! Are hoverboards going to be around when this show is on TV by chance? Ive been waiting for those bitches for years
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Yep. Only good part was the undressing scene at beginning because it showed the softening part of a bitter old man. It it don't pick up I am going to cancel my series...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jaimoe

It comes out in the past?!?!?! Are hoverboards going to be around when this show is on TV by chance? Ive been waiting for those bitches for years

2011. I work shifts and get tired.