Main Menu

Guns

Started by seamus, Sep 27, 2010, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkeye

No, not those.

These.

Do any of y'all have gun collections?  Or any guns at all?  Thinking about getting that Ruger MKII shown above.  It would be my first gun, besdies BB guns I had as a kid (and still have).  We shot a Waltham P22 in the back yard yesterday and it was pretty fun.  Just shot at some cardboard boxes and plastic water bottles.  Hitting the water bottles is much more satisfying!  Kaboom!  Or they would at least leak all over.
We could.

Hawkeye

Obviously I do not know how to post pictures anymore!  Google has changed their image search, and I don't know how it works  :-/  I mean, I can view the image but what url are you supposed to copy and paste on here?  Obviously not the one I'm using.
We could.

Penny Lane

No, not those.

These.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ozarkguns.com/Ruger%2520Pistol/mark2/pics/98L.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php%3Ft%3D424443&usg=__3PJm5O9v8pS9FAR31JDXooBU0us=&h=191&w=360&sz=19&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=eR4i52d8naqgLM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=207&prev=/images%3Fq%3Druger%2Bmkii%2Bcompetition%2Bstainless%2Bslab%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D653%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=695&vpy=113&dur=1511&hovh=152&hovw=288&tx=242&ty=72&ei=mMqgTNibPIGcsQOUmtnVAQ&oei=mMqgTNibPIGcsQOUmtnVAQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=11&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

Do any of y'all have gun collections?  Or any guns at all?  Thinking about getting that Ruger MKII shown above.  It would be my first gun, besdies BB guns I had as a kid (and still have).  We shot a Waltham P22 in the back yard yesterday and it was pretty fun.  Just shot at some cardboard boxes and plastic water bottles.  Hitting the water bottles is much more satisfying!  Kaboom!  Or they would at least leak all over.

Hey Ruby Ridge! Please be careful there.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

jones

QuoteObviously I do not know how to post pictures anymore!  Google has changed their image search, and I don't know how it works  :-/  I mean, I can view the image but what url are you supposed to copy and paste on here?  Obviously not the one I'm using.
You have to click on the Full Size Image link to the right on Google.  It will pull up another page that shows the image only in full size.  Then you can copy and paste from there.

Hawkeye

Thanks Flyguy!
We could.

jones

No problem.  I don't own any guns, but I did make M-16 expert marksman in USAF basic training and I hadn't fired a weapon since I was about 12 years old.  I was pleasantly surprised.

joey_rogo

guns are bad, mmmkay?

but anyways, true story here. one time i was at the great escape amusement park in lake george ny and i saw this guy just standing there with SUPER FUCKING HUGE arms. like, it was nearly unbelievable. my friend and i went over to talk to him. he was literally just standing there by the boomerang rollercoaster all by himself. he didnt tell me his name but i got a good look at his face and such, and arms. fast forward like a year. im watching some tv show and there is a story about this very same guy. apparently he used to hold the record for biggest guns on the planet. but repeated abuse of roids and such caused one of his arms to literally rip open. his 'career' is over now. :)

pawpaw

I own a few guns. A .270 deer rifle, a .22 rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. I use them for hunting and recreation.

Quoteguns are bad, mmmkay?

Guns aren't bad. Bad people use guns for bad things, just like they use the media and nuclear technology.

I love hunting and I love that I can provide healthy food for my family.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Hawkeye

I agree Bbill.  Responsible ownership.  I've actually never owned a gun, and I never fired one until this year.  A co-worker took me to his son's place and we shot his 9mm Beretta rifle and pistol, a few different .22 rifles, a shotgun (clay pigeons...fun!), and a few shots with a .50 cal muzzle loader (that thing is LOUD).  This past Sunday we shot out behind our place and made me really want a gun again.  I'd like to try a little hunting this year.  Although the way I shot that pistol on Sunday...I need to practice!

Ever read Omnivore's Dilemma?  That really made me want to give hunting a go too...it made me sick to realize how much corn I'm really eating (and I'm from Iowa!).
We could.

pawpaw

QuoteI agree Bbill.  [highlight]Responsible ownership.[/highlight]  I've actually never owned a gun, and I never fired one until this year.  A co-worker took me to his son's place and we shot his 9mm Beretta rifle and pistol, a few different .22 rifles, a shotgun (clay pigeons...fun!), and a few shots with a .50 cal muzzle loader (that thing is LOUD).  This past Sunday we shot out behind our place and made me really want a gun again.  I'd like to try a little hunting this year.  Although the way I shot that pistol on Sunday...I need to practice!

Ever read Omnivore's Dilemma?  That really made me want to give hunting a go too...it made me sick to realize how much corn I'm really eating (and I'm from Iowa!).

You said it Hawkeye, "Responsible ownership." I'm all for thorough background checks for gun sales and a strong, mandatory firearm safety class for any new owner. Of course, the problem is most often from guns that were bought illegally.

Never read the book you mentioned, though I have heard of it. Might have to check it out.

Also, dude, you should find a sporting clays place near you. It's like golf with shotguns. Brilliant.  8-)

joey_rogo

Guns aren't bad. Bad people use guns for bad things, just like they use the media and nuclear technology.

whoa didn't mean to offend anyone bbill. that wasn't my opinion, just a south park quote (probly shoulda explained myself more before). i dont own any guns, but im not opposed to them as long as they are used properly, as you pointed out above.

i have used a bow and arrow before. it was fun.

pawpaw

whoa didn't mean to offend anyone bbill. that wasn't my opinion, just a south park quote (probly shoulda explained myself more before). i dont own any guns, but im not opposed to them as long as they are used properly, as you pointed out above.

i have used a bow and arrow before. it was fun.

;D It's cool, I wasn't offended.  :)