CC Baxter, I have a request.  Anyone else agree?

Started by Johnny_Yac, Oct 29, 2010, 09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Haldon

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteMost other band/festival forums have a stipulation that any tickets offered can only be sold for face.   Probably has a little to do with legalities (as none of us are ticket brokers and scalping is still illegal in many places) and a little to do with keeping to the spirit of the site.
Fair enough.  I could live with that.  Thanks.  I wondered what, if anything, other band forums do about such things, as this is the only forum I spend any significant time on.  

Would it be possible to have an actual subforum above where the sticky topics are in the shows section?  that way the main view of the forum isn't promoting ticket sales here.  kind of how this place has it setup:

http://ufck.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Rather than having the sticky be a topic have it be a.. subforum..?  that way it can be one link within the shows section that opens into a new section.  a section within a section. that's the cleanest way to do it if you ask me.

Im The Dude

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

e_wind

i like stickys idea if possible. but regaurdless i like this. a place for us to go and trade with eachother and sell stuff to eachother would be cool. the decluttering is my favorite too.

CTdeadhead

mahg33ta

agreed as long as it doesn't diminish the poster talk  :)

johnnYYac

Quoteagreed as long as it doesn't diminish the poster talk  :)
Kyle, this was one of the first things I considered when posing the idea.  I think threads about the art, artist, availability, etc. BELONG in the shows section, if not in a dedicated Poster section.  I just figure when the discussion turns to "hey, anyone got a spare ISM poster for sale?" or "looking to trade dis for dat" it would be best isolated from the Shows section into something like Marketplace.  

I wholeheartedly agree that we should prevent scalpers or others from posting tickets for sale for profit, perhaps by identifying the section "Tickets - Buy/Sell/Trade - Face Value Only".  

I also checked out the link Sticky provided and think subforums are a great solution to keep this place from expanding too much.  Basically, just as sticky threads evolve, subforums would emerge to contain and isolate common threads.  

Back to my original proposal, I appreciate the responses so far, both for and against the idea.  The consensus right now seems in favor of the idea of two additional sections, or more preferrably subforums, for Tickets and Marketplace.  If subforums, the Tickets subforum would best be placed in the Shows section.  Where would Marketplace go?  I'm thinking maybe The Band section as a subforum.  

We haven't heard back from the powers that be about this one, so keep the ideas coming.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Soulshine

Because we're all in this together...

johnnYYac

Well, the boards have cooled a bit.  Alas, there are no tickets to buy, sell, or trade (sigh).  Nonetheless, I'd love a bit more feedback so we might have the powers-that-be take action on the idea (see the start of this thread and all of the great comments thus far).

Right now we have 21 agreed (myself included) and 1 respectful disagreement as to the idea of a Ticket (Buy/Sell/Trade face value only) subforum and a Marketplace section or subforum.  

I'd especially like to hear from folks who disagree.  Perhaps the idea gets put on hold while the boys are off of the road and in studio.  I'm guessing the idea will make more sense in the spring of 2011, when dates are announced to support the new album and this plays EXPLODES!  

capt. scotty

QuoteI'd especially like to hear from folks who disagree.  Perhaps the idea gets put on hold while the boys are off of the road and in studio.  I'm guessing the idea will make more sense in the spring of 2011, when dates are announced to support the new album and this plays EXPLODES!  

...and itd be nice to have these subforum(s) already on here when that happens
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

QuoteI'd especially like to hear from folks who disagree.  Perhaps the idea gets put on hold while the boys are off of the road and in studio.  I'm guessing the idea will make more sense in the spring of 2011, when dates are announced to support the new album and this plays EXPLODES!  

This. Just like the influx of new members who joined this October solely to buy/sell/trade... It would be nice to a special spot for that come April or so.

CC

don't expect a change real soon but we'll act on it one way or the other before a new tour is in place.

tdb810

Quotedon't expect a change real soon but we'll act on it one way or the other [highlight]before a new tour is in place.[/highlight]

this makes me happy :)  
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Quotedon't expect a change real soon but we'll act on it one way or the other before a new tour is in place.

Hey, CC.  Thanks for listening and keeping this in mind.  You guys are doing a great job with the forum.  Lucky for you only cool people come and stay.  

bluesky

agreed  

(new tour in place!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Sweet Nothing

This. Just like the influx of new members who joined this October solely to buy/sell/trade... It would be nice to a special spot for that come April or so.

I being one of these new members to the forum you mention and totally agree with you.  Have been a MMJ fan for quite a bit and never have checked out the Forum before and never was much into them but this Forum and these people in here are just great.  Collectively creating ideas, assisting others in times of need especially in unfortunate times. Such as the case with e_winds girl friends house catching on fire and her losing everything she owed.  He reached out through the forum and on his own to track down and purchase the posters from the T5 run to try to cheer her up for losing not only her posters but everything, glad no one was injured or worse.  I know i am i bit off topic but i agree with Johnny and encourage his efforts in this idea of expanding the forum topics!  I am still new to the forum but have been cluttering the "Poster This Tour" under the shows topic lately.  Great thread Johnny, will continue to follow this thread as it progress.

Agree