College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI meant that because of the twins Ruckus posted  ;)

I guess Michigan State is now longer our rivalry game  ;D
yes, we are happy with our womens in NE.

iLikeBeer

so we could be playing Michigan twice in one season?

That's what I've been hearing. You think that's a good thing for the rivalry?

i like the addition of Nebraska but this i don't really like.
i don't want to play U of M twice, and i don't think we need a championship game played under a dome. it's just not big ten. (i might be alone in this) And a permanent rival? ....

You sure about this twice a year thing? I would expect you play them every year but the only time you play them twice would be if each of you win your respective divisions (not happening for UM anytime soon)

Hey now.  Despite RR's attrocious record over the last 2 years he has still managed to haul in back to back top 10 recruiting classes  Michigan's problem the last couple of years has been lack of depth amongst upperclassmen and especially on the defensive side of the football.  In 2011, RR's first FULL recruiting class will now be jr's with his first class being sr's.  We Michigan fans are expecting big things in 2011 and competitng for the Big 10 title is just one of those expectations.  8-)

BTW capt, speaking from experience, buckle up with a true freshman QB running your offense because it can be a bumpy ride!   :P

Penny Lane

so we could be playing Michigan twice in one season?

That's what I've been hearing. You think that's a good thing for the rivalry?

i like the addition of Nebraska but this i don't really like.
i don't want to play U of M twice, and i don't think we need a championship game played under a dome. it's just not big ten. (i might be alone in this) And a permanent rival? ....

You sure about this twice a year thing? I would expect you play them every year but the only time you play them twice would be if each of you win your respective divisions (not happening for UM anytime soon)

Hey now.  Despite RR's attrocious record over the last 2 years he has still managed to haul in back to back top 10 recruiting classes  Michigan's problem the last couple of years has been lack of depth amongst upperclassmen and especially on the defensive side of the football.  In 2011, RR's first FULL recruiting class will now be jr's with his first class being sr's.  We Michigan fans are expecting big things in 2011 and competitng for the Big 10 title is just one of those expectations.  8-)

BTW capt, speaking from experience, buckle up with a true freshman QB running your offense because it can be a bumpy ride!   :P

maybe they can do a tressel special 2 QB thing, ...that worked okay (except for the times it didn't  :( )
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

Oh, I know its never easy.......but like I said the other week, I welcome having a QB start who (hopefully) will start 3-4 years instead of 2 years like each this decade almost.

What sucks though is were above average or better in every area except QB, and QB is a huge question.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Jacksonville State baby!!!!!  What a game!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TheBigChicken

QuoteOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Tracy ?
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Tracy ?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha takes breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ophidiophobia

My Cowboys have looked good today! Kendall Hunter could have had 300+ yards if he would have played more than one series in the second half. I thought the QB Weeden has been really solid and the WR Blackmon had 4 TDs. Hopefully this has more to do with OSU being better than I figured and not WSU being worse than I thought.

iLikeBeer

I am very happy after today's beatdown of ESPN's hometown team by Michigan.  Denard Robonson accounting for a school record 197 yards rushing by a QB to go along with another 187 yards through the air against a team that many pundits say could win the Big East.  I'll be sleeing a lot easier tonight!   8-)

iLikeBeer

One more thing.  I just wanted to know Tracy's feelings on Jax State this morning!   ;D

TheBigChicken

Boise St 3.....don't think so :-X
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

QuoteOne more thing.  I just wanted to know Tracy's feelings on Jax State this morning!   ;D
Probably good as he's on his annual road trip.

Penny Lane

QuoteOne more thing.  I just wanted to know Tracy's feelings on Jax State this morning!   ;D
Probably good as he's on his annual road trip.

poor guy......wow, what a game!!   :(

i'm concerned about PSU for this coming weekend.
i'm concerned about our Miami game, also.

Troy Smith was just picked up by the 49ers! (so that's nice)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

QuoteMy Cowboys have looked good today! Kendall Hunter could have had 300+ yards if he would have played more than one series in the second half. I thought the QB Weeden has been really solid and the WR Blackmon had 4 TDs. Hopefully this has more to do with OSU being better than I figured and not WSU being worse than I thought.
Wooo! OSU kicked ass -- but I think that did have a whole lot to do with Wazzu being REALLY awful. Hunter looked great, and I was amazed with several catches, especially Blackmon's. We'll see what happens when OSU gets into the tough teams, I'm afraid it'll be business as usual for the defense...

Are you a tailgater? We should meet up and have some beers!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Watch out for that SEC!!!!  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteBoise St 3.....don't think so :-X

What a game!! Reminded me of last years week 1 BYU-Oklahoma game where I thought the best regular season game of the year could very well have been played week 1!!

Talking to a friend before the game and asking me who I wanted to win, and I said Boise because if they win this game, then great chance they run the table and make it to the championship game. Whether or not theyre the 2nd best team in teh NCAA, who knows, but I believe thinking that will bring us even closer to a playoff system so thats why I wnated Boise to win.

ophidiophobia

QuoteMy Cowboys have looked good today! Kendall Hunter could have had 300+ yards if he would have played more than one series in the second half. I thought the QB Weeden has been really solid and the WR Blackmon had 4 TDs. Hopefully this has more to do with OSU being better than I figured and not WSU being worse than I thought.
Wooo! OSU kicked ass -- but I think that did have a whole lot to do with Wazzu being REALLY awful. Hunter looked great, and I was amazed with several catches, especially Blackmon's. We'll see what happens when OSU gets into the tough teams, I'm afraid it'll be business as usual for the defense...

Are you a tailgater? We should meet up and have some beers!
I didn't get season tickets this year. I'm sure I'll be up for a few games though. I want to make the OSU vs TU game but I have Pixies' tickets for that night. When I'm in town for a a game I'll send you a private message and we can get together.

Ruckus

Watch out for that SEC!!!!  ;D
That game was ten times better than the Boise/Va Tech game which was nice too.  I swear I don't think I would have even watched that game xcept that I felt compelled to do my due diligence in learning about Ole' Miss before I talked any junk about them here.  The plays that tha JSU QBs made over and over again in the most clutch, pressure packed situations were a marvel to watch.  

Boiselooked good overall playing in a virtual road game against a solid if maybe overrated Va Tech squad.  Penalties hurt them but they made the plays when it mattered.

I know there are some Mizzou guys here.  Thanks for being nice and leaving me alone.  Our freshman QB' s lovely 4TO performance was lovely

capt. scotty

Yeah, I worked saturday so I missed that game and since I DVR'd the PSU game, I tried to steer clear of any scores and such. Really the only things Im aware of to this point are JSU winning that game, Pitt losing to Utah, UM stomping UCONN, and last nights game. Might have to wander over to espn to see some scores

Ruckus

QuoteYeah, I worked saturday so I missed that game and since I DVR'd the PSU game, I tried to steer clear of any scores and such. Really the only things Im aware of to this point are JSU winning that game, Pitt losing to Utah, UM stomping UCONN, and last nights game. Might have to wander over to espn to see some scores
It should be an instant classic.  If it is on....WATCH IT!  2nd half and OTWere as good as it gets