College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

That look on Brian Kelly's face at the end of the game was priceless  ;D

Although not at the fault of their D, surprised Iowa is getting smacked this so far 20 minutes in. I feel like its going to end up being close, but down 24-7 on the road in the 1st half is quite the hill to climb
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

What was said in locker rooms of SPARTANS and irish at halftime; "Step it up boys, we are losing ratings." Damn what a game! That last play was sheer beauty...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Tracy 3000

Anyone see Ryan Mallet for Arkansas yet? Watched the UGA game last week and he seems like the real deal. Plus, I love Arkansas' WR Greg Childs. I absolutely cannot stand Nick Saban and bama. Can the Razorbacks pull off the upset this Saturday? It's a home game for the Hogs and a win possibly gets them into the Top 5. Vegas sez Bama - 7.

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

This past Saturday night was amazing!  

Notre Dame/MSU - best part is the winning play shouldn't have even counted.  I don't think that call took as much balls as made out to be.  Long kick, young kicker, tons of pressure...why practice this play over and over if you're not going to use it?

Clemson/Auburn - Man did I feel bad for Clemson.  Parker had to complete that pass in OT.  Ouch, and the re-kick after a penalty?!  The hitting was ferocious.

Iowa/Arizona - Hats off to Arizona.  Though Iowa got down big with the help of some flukish plays, they came back on the road and nearly pulled it off.  McNutt has to hold on to the early pass that was returned for 6.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 3000

QuoteThis past Saturday night was amazing!  

Notre Dame/MSU - best part is the winning play shouldn't have even counted.  I don't think that call took as much balls as made out to be.  Long kick, young kicker, tons of pressure...why practice this play over and over if you're not going to use it?

And ND had it covered, but if you watch the replay, MSU has 2 guys running a "route" and 1 of them trips up with 2 ND players leaving the MSU guy wide open. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching ND lose. I hope Stanford hangs 60 on them this Saturday.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

QuoteAnyone see Ryan Mallet for Arkansas yet? Watched the UGA game last week and he seems like the real deal. Plus, I love Arkansas' WR Greg Childs. I absolutely cannot stand Nick Saban and bama. Can the Razorbacks pull off the upset this Saturday? It's a home game for the Hogs and a win possibly gets them into the Top 5. Vegas sez Bama - 7.

I've seen Mallett play a few times but not this year.  I remember him to be that protypical tall qb with the rocket arm but has a real slow, elongated release.  It sounds like he is really maturing though.  The one game that stood out for me was that game against Florida last year that the Hogs should have won.  I would do anything to see Saban lose and the Tide's championship hopes take a hit.

mjkoehler

What is up with this turn around for the Hogs? I hope they hang close with 'Bama. Should be an interesting game, certainly much more then Nebraska's. We have South Dakota State...WTF?!

And I agree with your sentiment Tracy, any time seeing ND lose is a great time. The only school I hate more then them are the 'Canes. So if they end in a 0 - 0 tie, I'm pretty much shooting a load in my pants.

BH

Shouldn't there be some Ruckus/Penny trash talking going on by this time?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteShouldn't there be some Ruckus/Penny trash talking going on by this time?

about what? my fantasy team which is ahead or my other REAL LIFE fantasy team, the buckeyes! i have so much sh*t to talk to Ruckus about...October 2nd, home field advantage ma friend..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

about what? my fantasy team which is ahead or my other REAL LIFE fantasy team, the buckeyes! i have so much sh*t to talk to Ruckus about...October 2nd, home field advantage ma friend..

Damn, for some reason I thought the Illini were playing the Buckeyes this weekend.  Nevermind.....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 3000

Damn, for some reason I thought the Illini were playing the Buckeyes this weekend.  Nevermind.....

I am looking forward to October 30th when 7-0 Mizzou travels to 7-0 Lincoln and upsets the Cornhuskers   :o :o

mjkoehler

I am looking forward to October 30th when 7-0 Mizzou travels to 7-0 Lincoln and upsets the Cornhuskers   :o :o
And the "upset" will not happen. Those days are long gone. And NU has to get past Texas in 3 weeks first. Revenge for that bullshit extra second from last year I hope.

capt. scotty

I've seen Mallett play a few times but not this year.  I remember him to be that protypical tall qb with the rocket arm but has a real slow, elongated release.  It sounds like he is really maturing though.  The one game that stood out for me was that game against Florida last year that the Hogs should have won.  I would do anything to see Saban lose and the Tide's championship hopes take a hit.

Id rather see them lose later, because if the lose this week and go undefeated the rest of the year, theyre still in the NC game. Losing in the last few weeks, maybe they wont be
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Why shouldnt it have counted?

Ruckus

The play clock was actually at zero when the ball was snapped.  It just wasn't called I guess.

Ruckus

Instigate much? :)

BH

I like the way you talk.

Tracy 3000

The play clock was actually at zero when the ball was snapped.  It just wasn't called I guess.

It was on 0 for a couple of seconds. The refs either reset it and only told the teams on the field or they blew it.

iLikeBeer

It was on 0 for a couple of seconds. The refs either reset it and only told the teams on the field or they blew it.

And I'm sure that Domer fans across the country are incessantly whining about getting jobbed once again by the officials.  And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of college football?  ::)

Tracy 3000