The NFL Thread: 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 05, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteOf course they do...horseshit I tell ya, horshit!!! :shakesfist:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5849496

I don't think Harrison's hit was worth a fine. And 25k for what Seymour did is about right. Maybe if Ben didn't flop to ground like he just got taken down by sniper fire. He was showing up the Raiders with a 17 point lead, and I think what Seymour did was fine.

25k wouldve been acceptable if this was last year or something, but the way theyve been levying fines this year, I dont think it was enough. Considering the type of money Seymour makes as well, it shoudve been 50-75k.

Ben embellisehed a bit Im sure, but Seymour is 6'6, 310 lbs of muscle. An open handed punch like that will put an unsuspecting player 70 lbs lighter than that to the ground every time. I dont see how you can say he was showing up the Raiders. Dont players celebrate after a TD?? No one even knows what Roethlisberger said or if he said anything directly to Seymour.

Bottom line is players have gotten fined 50k for hits DURING a play. This happened AFTER the play. I cant even remember the last time I saw something like that done to a QB after a play was over. If that happens to any other star QB Seymour is not only getting at least 50k, but he's probably not playing this week either.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Stevie Johnson - a Thanksgiving cornucopia is being sent your way bro!!  8-)

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

25k wouldve been acceptable if this was last year or something, but the way theyve been levying fines this year, I dont think it was enough. Considering the type of money Seymour makes as well, it shoudve been 50-75k.

Ben embellisehed a bit Im sure, but Seymour is 6'6, 310 lbs of muscle. An open handed punch like that will put an unsuspecting player 70 lbs lighter than that to the ground every time. I dont see how you can say he was showing up the Raiders. Dont players celebrate after a TD?? No one even knows what Roethlisberger said or if he said anything directly to Seymour.

Bottom line is players have gotten fined 50k for hits DURING a play. This happened AFTER the play. I cant even remember the last time I saw something like that done to a QB after a play was over. If that happens to any other star QB Seymour is not only getting at least 50k, but he's probably not playing this week either.

I agree and understand what you're saying. I think it was worth a fine for sure, but I guess I don't agree with the picking and choosing of the fines and the amounts.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

I agree and understand what you're saying. I think it was worth a fine for sure, but I guess I don't agree with the picking and choosing of the fines and the amounts.

Since Andre Johnson is on my other team, this guy fully supports just fining players 25k for whatever the F they want to do during the 60 minutes a game is in session!!  :D  ;D 8-)

.Walt

Everyone see this? I think it's kinda a baby move. Flip out and hopefully nobody will notice what I really did. Heart and soul? Studying tape? You get paid, and paid well.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErsW7rgHBs[/media]

capt. scotty

QuoteEveryone see this? I think it's kinda a baby move. Flip out and hopefully nobody will notice what I really did. Heart and soul? Studying tape? You get paid, and paid well.

I didnt even watch the game so I have no idea if he sucked last night, but he's sucked all year so pulling the "studying tape" card and such might not have been the best idea. That said, the media doesnt need to make a big deal out of him laughing on the sideline about something that probably wasnt even about the game

Penny Lane

OSU was really representing last night   :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

QuoteOSU was really representing last night   :)

Beanie Wells 5 carries for 13 yards was rather impressive

iLikeBeer

QuoteEveryone see this? I think it's kinda a baby move. Flip out and hopefully nobody will notice what I really did. Heart and soul? Studying tape? You get paid, and paid well.

I didnt even watch the game so I have no idea if he sucked last night, but he's sucked all year so pulling the "studying tape" card and such might not have been the best idea. That said, the media doesnt need to make a big deal out of him laughing on the sideline about something that probably wasnt even about the game

I'm just glad he doesn't play for the Brownies anymore!   ;D

TheBigChicken

J-E-T-S  jets jets jets  45 - 3..dont really care for the pats but what a ASS whoopin' ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

br00ke

QuoteJ-E-T-S  jets jets jets  45 - 3..dont really care for the pats but what a ASS whoopin' ;D

so awful and i so hate the pat's too. that said, this comment is pretty funny ... "After tonight's game, Mark Sanchez threw his helmet into the stands in anger. It was intercepted."

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

QuoteJ-E-T-S  jets jets jets  45 - 3..dont really care for the pats but what a ASS whoopin' ;D

so awful and i so hate the pat's too. that said, this comment is pretty funny ... "After tonight's game, Mark Sanchez threw his helmet into the stands in anger. It was intercepted."
Well, last night was a good night in New England.  Still, as a Pats fan, I totally understand how Jets fans feel.  I'm sorry that you "hate" the Pats, but I lived through over 30 years of shitty season after shitty season, so I'm savoring this decade.  It won't last forever.  Also, don't forget, "any given Sunday."  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

capt. scotty

Quote:-[ :-[ :-[

I didnt realize you guys only have 1 win against a team over .500 (Patsies) until they beat me over the head with that stat last night and today..I still think youre solid, but maybe not as good as most thought going into this week. Still cant wait for our matchup in a couple weeks, and I hope Tone actually lights us up and makes the organization regret trading him even more (but not enough that we lose).

Tracy 3000

Looks like a good day for football at Soldier Field! (Tater?)

Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 23 by 5pm. Very windy, with a north northwest wind between 30 and 35 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Ruckus

QuoteLooks like a good day for football at Soldier Field! (Tater?)

Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 23 by 5pm. Very windy, with a north northwest wind between 30 and 35 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Cannot f'in wait!!!!  I got the Bears winning straight up in this one. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

.Walt

At least you guys have a game to watch. This is why I'd love an outdoor stadium, but nobody would show up to meaningless games when it's -5. I'm hoping that we get a game to watch at noon. The Vikes game was the only one scheduled at noon. I could just go to a bar and get drunk?  

Ruckus

QuoteAt least you guys have a game to watch. This is why I'd love an outdoor stadium, but nobody would show up to meaningless games when it's -5. I'm hoping that we get a game to watch at noon. The Vikes game was the only one scheduled at noon. I could just go to a bar and get drunk?  
My buddy just told me that John Clayton reported that part of the reason that they didn't hold at UM was that Favre didn't want to play outdoors.

.Walt

QuoteAt least you guys have a game to watch. This is why I'd love an outdoor stadium, but nobody would show up to meaningless games when it's -5. I'm hoping that we get a game to watch at noon. The Vikes game was the only one scheduled at noon. I could just go to a bar and get drunk?  
My buddy just told me that John Clayton reported that part of the reason that they didn't hold at UM was that Favre didn't want to play outdoors.

;D

I don't think that's the case, but that would be funny as hell if he had the power to do that. Everything pretty much is canceled around here. I'm surprised they actually played the UM basketball game yesterday. All the hockey games were canceled throughout the state. If there was a game, I'd doubt people would show.

.Walt

I guess it's going to be held Monday night in Detroit.