Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

Quotei've been seeing loads of hawks lately.  they're my favourite animal of all.

red-tailed hawk

I thought of you when I was in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Island is famous for its' black kites that nest high above the skyscrapers. It was amazing to watch so many flying amongst the buildings & fishing in the sea below, truly spectacular.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/kite/4601/Hong+Kong+Black+Kite+Fact+Sheet+%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E9%BA%BB%E9%B7%B9%E5%B0%8F%E6%AA%94%E6%A1%88.html

"Black Kites are the common brown raptors seen soaring in the skies above Hong Kong. They are most commonly seen flying above Victoria Harbour, occasionally coming down to the sea surface to scavenge on dead fish and other carrions. They are important players in the local ecosystem by helping to remove and recycle animal remains."

http://www.travel-images.com/hong-kong26.html
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jenny

Quotehttp://www.surfbirds.com/blog/kite/4601/Hong+Kong+Black+Kite+Fact+Sheet+%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E9%BA%BB%E9%B7%B9%E5%B0%8F%E6%AA%94%E6%A1%88.html

"Black Kites are the common brown raptors seen soaring in the skies above Hong Kong. They are most commonly seen flying above Victoria Harbour, occasionally coming down to the sea surface to scavenge on dead fish and other carrions. They are important players in the local ecosystem by helping to remove and recycle animal remains."

http://www.travel-images.com/hong-kong26.html

i thought when you wrote "back kites" ithought you said "black kitties" and nothing made sense for a minute or two.

SMc55

I start my new job tomorrow. It's a job I really want to do, so it's a joy but...
what if I screw up?
what if my car breaks down?
what if somebody tells me something and I forget it?
what if I say the wrong thing?
what if they don't like me?

To quote my favourite film I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
All those young people whose future careers depend on me teaching them well.
All this worry is giving me a headache.

It'll be fine. It will  :-/

TEO

QuoteBeing able to watch the Blue Angels practice for and perform in the Indy air show from the comfort of my own backyard.  This is their first appearance since the April accident and everyone around here has really been psyched about watching them.  
What happened in April TEO?

Since 1946, 26 out of the 262 pilots involved with the Blue Angels have lost their lives in flight. On April 21, 2007, Cmdr. Kevin J. Davis lost his life in Beaufort South Carolina following the Delta Loop Break crossover maneuver. Yesterday 4 Angels in formation flew directly over us at a VERY low altitude! It definitely sends shivers. Can't wait to hear some stories at school today from some of the kids.  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

MarkW

QuoteI start my new job tomorrow. It's a job I really want to do, so it's a joy but...
what if I screw up?

To quote my favourite film I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

Good luck, Doc; you'll be fine.  Is it like CSI school, but with Mackem accents?  Can I join?  :) ;)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ratsprayer

it will definitely be fine.  i'm throwing some positive vibrations your way.   :)

dragonboy

QuoteI start my new job tomorrow. It's a job I really want to do, so it's a joy but...
what if I screw up?

Postive vibes being sent your way Doc (not that you'll need them!)
All the best for tomorrow!  :)

SMc55

Thanks guys. All good vibes gratefully received. I think it will be exactly like CSI school with Mackem accents Mark   ;D

I wish I knew more about Forensics. To be fair, they have people with CSI experience. They wanted me for my science background so I can teach the biochemistry and genetics bits.

It'll be fun. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again  :D

SMc55

Quote Can I join?  :) ;)
Any time  :D

megisnotreal

good luck on your first day, doc! i'm sending some happy vibes your way. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Chills

Quotegood luck on your first day, doc! i'm sending some happy vibes your way. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Same here. I'm sure you'll impress with your magical scientific powers.

dragonboy

I emailed a band today trying to find out where I can get a hold of the excellent cover of The Boys Of Summer that they have on their myspace page at the moment.

Didn't expect a response but got an email straight back from the singer/guitarist informing me that the song was unreleased but he could send me an mp3 if I wanted it  :D

ratsprayer

QuoteI emailed a band today trying to find out where I can get a hold of the excellent cover of The Boys Of Summer that they have on their myspace page at the moment.

Didn't expect a response but got an email straight back from the singer/guitarist informing me that the song was unreleased but he could send me an mp3 if I wanted it  :D

i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac.     ;D

SMc55

QuoteI emailed a band today trying to find out where I can get a hold of the excellent cover of The Boys Of Summer that they have on their myspace page at the moment.

How cool  8-)

SMc55

i saw a deadhead sticker on a cadillac.     ;D
;D

megisnotreal

att. gen. alberto gonzales is out as of next month.

red

I love when bands suprise you and actually respond.  Happened to me twice in the past few weeks...

Remember that band I linked you to with that deadly Hendrix cover?  Well a guy from them responded to my email.  And also Jim Bryson responded to my email a few weeks ago asking for lyrics.  He truly came across as a gentleman (even in text).

EC

QuoteThanks guys. All good vibes gratefully received. I think it will be exactly like CSI school with Mackem accents Mark   ;D

I wish I knew more about Forensics. To be fair, they have people with CSI experience. They wanted me for my science background so I can teach the biochemistry and genetics bits.

It'll be fun. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again  :D
those students are super lucky to have such a one as yourself leading their class.
:)  let us know how it went!!

red

what if I screw up?
I wish I could've had someone as sweet as you as a teacher.  You'll do more than fine!  

:)