Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

QuoteNice Teo.  

I'm about to head out to the beach for the day.  The Blue Angels have their homecoming show today.  Anyone ever see these guys fly?  I've watched them fly my whole life and they still blow me away.  BoS, can I get a witness?

Brad, have you seen them?  Might be right up you alley.  I think they were in Huntsville a couple of weeks ago.

Oh hell yeah, the Blue Angels are great. They do Fleet Week in San Francisco every year. The whole northern part of the city would be out on rooftops watching the show. Some of their paterns bring them right over the city...at our last apartment we were on a hill, and they'd fly not more than 200 feet above us as they were turning back toward the main stage over the Bay. That shit is exhilarating.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

just got back from a 5 day, 4 night stint in the hospital. i'm lucky, and i feel great!! watching baseball on morphine is pretty fun too!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Taterbug

Quotejust got back from a 5 day, 4 night stint in the hospital. i'm lucky, and i feel great!! watching baseball on morphine is pretty fun too!

I  hope all is well.  Did you take your gold bond with ya into the hospital ?   I was pullin for your boy in the home run derby last nite.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jon T.

QuoteNice Teo.  

I'm about to head out to the beach for the day.  The Blue Angels have their homecoming show today.  Anyone ever see these guys fly?  I've watched them fly my whole life and they still blow me away.  BoS, can I get a witness?

Brad, have you seen them?  Might be right up you alley.  I think they were in Huntsville a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry I missed this.  The Angels coming home was always amazing.  If its good weather they come so close to the beach that you will swear that you feel the whoosh.  The first time I ever drove to P'Cola I was on I-10 and fighters were doing dogfights overhead.  Don't see that everyday.

Funny you should mention good weather.  A terrible storm came in out of nowhere and caught everyone off guard.  Total chaos.  A woman got picked off by a rogue umbrella about 50 yards from me.  ;D  I only joke because according to the paper no one was seriously injured but it did get pretty hairy for a couple of hours.  I can't believe someone was recording at the right time but I found the rogue umbrella on youtube.  This woman got nailed.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ixXsXli8QM[/media]

megalicious

my mom and cousins went to that air show in huntsville, and my aunt took this picture there saturday:

pretty awesome if you ask me.

current joy for me is http://totallylookslike.com/
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

bowl of soup

Like Florida doesn't have enough problems allready.  Killer attack umbrellas - we've gotta get out of here.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

TEO

Passed my criminal history check today!  :o
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

getinthevan

My current school's advertising campaign:

Lansing Community College: Achieving Success!  

A week ago there was an article on the front page of the Lansing State Journal about Lansing Community College not having good graduation rates and a high rates of core class failures and drop outs.  

Ha!  Take that you bastards!  This really isn't funny but it helped calm my anger towards the school that has hassled me nearly every semester for the last 3 years.  I'll be glad to be done there in just two more weeks!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ms. yvon

QuotePassed my criminal history check today!  :o
way to go, achiever!

cocteau twins album:  blue bell knoll.

having a fast-paced, race around day at work.  just put this on with the good headphones at my desk.

soooo beautiful.  damn damn damn.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

vespachick

Quotejust got back from a 5 day, 4 night stint in the hospital. i'm lucky, and i feel great!! watching baseball on morphine is pretty fun too!

Wait, wait, wait,  wwhhaat?  That's quite a long stint to do in the old hospital!  Glad to see you're out and about!  Whatever got you there, I hope it's said it's goodbyes!! :)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

getinthevan

I just "got that old time feeling"!  Along with my 5 stars.  Neato!  

bowl of soup

QuoteI just "got that old time feeling"!  Along with my 5 stars.  Neato!  

PM Tracy and he'll teach you the secret handshake and tell you how to be really mean to new comers. ;)
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

QuoteI just "got that old time feeling"!  Along with my 5 stars.  Neato!  

PM Tracy and he'll teach you the secret handshake and tell you how to be really mean to new comers. ;)

I like to call it self righteous rather than mean; anyone can be mean, but you have to be a genius to be self righteous.

TEO

In Ashland KY, right in the heart of America. :)

getinthevan

TEO

Someone FINALLY commented on my MMJ bats and z's t shirt I have been wearing off and on around Eastern KY for the last 3-4 days. Young girl at the pizza shop. Now I can switch shirts for the ride home. :)

Penny Lane

i got the head of IS dept to unblock this website :-) sometimes it's so nice to be a girl have a rack!! woo hoo! ;D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

crazylove

Playing with my 5 year old grandson at almost midnite.  His Mom would have a coronary!!!  Spoil them and send them home ;D
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

getinthevan

I finished my Associate's Degree in Media Technology today.  

Jenny

just biked about 8 miles - to and from copley square. i feel reaallllly good but super tired.
worth it though